Why do Politics matter?

Lash

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 08:11 am
@onevoice,
The same reason you are politicking right now.

You want to talk to people.
Not many are going to your Good Morning thread.
You know most people here talk about politics.
You don't like to talk about politics, but you devised a way you can attract those people on their forum to a conversation with you without being knowledgeable about politics. At the same time, you are trying to get them to cultivate your view which is anti-politics.

Quite good politicking.
onevoice

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 10:35 am
@Lash,
Wow... What a thinker you are!

Quote:
The same reason you are politicking right now.

Nope. Was just asking an honest question. I honestly don't see a purpose for arguing as some do in some situations.

Quote:
You want to talk to people.

Uhhhh... Duuur... Isn't that why we are all here? Lol

Quote:
Not many are going to your Good Morning thread.

That is fine. It is there for those who would like to go there. If no one goes, at the very least it is a place I can revisit and listen to songs I enjoy. Smile

Quote:
You know most people here talk about politics.

No I didn't know that actually as I don't hang out in this arena. I was quite relieved when I saw djjd's response. Nice to know I am not the only one.

Quote:
You don't like to talk about politics, but you devised a way you can attract those people on their forum to a conversation with you without being knowledgeable about politics.

One of the reasons I don't talk about politics is because I know virtually nothing about it... What so ever. Have not ever been interested in it, but also because until April of this year my entire life was lived in a box of self pity, whoa is me, the whole world is against me. Quite selfish. Didn't really care about anything but ME, to be honest.

Quote:
At the same time, you are trying to get them to cultivate your view which is anti-politics.

I am trying to cultivate nothing except to expand this quite narrow view of myself and the world around me I have had. If that's politicking... Well, coolio. Smile Didn't even know I could. Lol
0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 11:17 am
@Real Music,
Good answer! Thank you! Smile
0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 11:24 am
@RABEL222,
@Izzy
*whew* That is almost too much information all at once. My brain is swirling. I'm struggling to understand some things here. I see the effects of politics personally right now and am clueless how to even help my friend navigate through all the bull crap. She has a son who just returned from a year in Afghanistan with PTSD, who now, instead of getting the well deserved support from our government, is on trial to be potentially locked up for years. It's a long story, and I don't want to bore anyone. But my brain is scrambled a little trying to understand all that. For real.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 12:37 pm
Politics is by far the most effective method of organizing, aiming and carrying out collective action. Politics is hugely important, without it we are over as a species.
Ragman

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 12:38 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Politics is hugely important, without it we are over as a species.

And....with it we are at risk for early extinction - particularly with this cast of clowns.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 12:57 pm
I was hoping for an exclamation mark not for a question...
...if you have to ask then any possible answer is mute from the get go...
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 12:58 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

And....with it we are at risk for early extinction - particularly with this cast of clowns.

We should have known a long time ago that we as a nation are in big trouble, but it is never too late too wake up. You of course know that I got known around here as chicken little because so few people understood that what I was saying was true, are at least was uncomfortably close to the truth.

I dont get tagged with the name very often anymore. This is a good sign.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 01:00 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

I was hoping for an exclamation mark not for a question...
...if you have to ask then any possible answer is mute from the get go...

It is alarming the basics of the nature of reality that needs to be explained to full grown adults these days.

I blame the education system.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 01:12 pm
@hawkeye10,
One truly has to be idiotic to make such a question !
Asking if politics matter is like asking if choices matter...
The degree of ignorance is so absolute that addressing a proper answer can only come in the form of leaving the site immediately... which by the way is exactly what I am about to do right now ! Enjoy the cowboys... Wink
onevoice

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 01:19 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Ultimately, there has to be a decision made between right and wrong. So politics is the avenue, apparently. So when does it end? Who makes the final decision? We can argue ourselves right to the grave and not change a darn thing IF NO ONE STOPS ARGUING LONG ENOUGH TO DEAL WITH THE ACTUAL ISSUES. Omg talk about ignorance!!! Mad

Jesus. It's like walking back into church around here.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 01:32 pm
@onevoice,
The problem with moderns all too often is just we just want what we want, and that does not include wanting to understand the nature of reality. Far too many people now live in their own fantasy lands. Politics cant solve this. This is the major reason I got out of caring much about politics, and moved into mostly caring about the conditions of our souls. Only a spiritual rebirth can save us now, politics cant. But this reality does not change the fact that politics are hugely important.
onevoice

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 01:33 pm
@hawkeye10,
Agreed, but why are they important then? I am starting to see politics is... Well... Everywhere. I have not seen any good come from it. So really... what's the point?
Ragman

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 01:37 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Quote:
f you have to ask then any possible answer is mute from the get go

I think what you meant moot...(not mute). Mute means silence, whereas moot means insignificant or inconsequential.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 02:30 pm
@onevoice,
onevoice wrote:

Agreed, but why are they important then? I am starting to see politics is... Well... Everywhere. I have not seen any good come from it. So really... what's the point?

One point is that we need to keep the process alive, so that when the masses finally get their heads out of their asses we can move on some of our very pressing problems. Also, one of my biggest beefs with the elite is that all too often they know better than what they see and what they hear from the stupid, but they lack the willingness to speak up, or to lead by example (all to often because of Narcissism and a lack of faith in humanity) . Those of us who understand what is important must work towards good, not because we expect it to do any good, but because we are too good of people to do anything else. I am Zen so I am not doing this to firm up my relationship with God, though that sounds like a fine reason to me, I am doing it so that I can look at myself in the mirror in the morning. Sometimes even lost causes are worth fighting for, though I dont believe that either america or the human race is a lost cause. Yet.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 02:32 pm
@onevoice,
onevoice wrote:

I am starting to see politics is... Well... Everywhere. I have not seen any good come from it.

What about the roads? If you don't like politics perhaps you'd rather have some dictator who could make all those decisions for you.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 02:45 pm
I remember liking you, Treya, but we were and are very different.

I kind of get where you come from, but I haven't reread your posts. I will probably be a talking head to you, but I care very much about politics.

My father was involved in photography of major bomb tests, when I was five.
That has affected my life. I am now in my seventies. I do not like guns, though I understand having them in circumstances, or grenades, or bombs, or drones dropping bombs.

I care about politics, so called, on the international level, since so much horror happens all around the globe, some of which could be rethought with communication.

I care about local politics, for similar reasons. I won't give example right now, am talking just about being interested.

I get that you are now looking around you. Keep looking.

onevoice

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 03:08 pm
@izzythepush,
Do you not see that is the road we are already on Izzy?
onevoice

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 03:15 pm
@ossobuco,
Thank you Osso. Smile You will never be a talking head to me. I value your opinions, as well as many others who no longer talk to me. We don't always have to agree for me to see the value in what is said. Smile
0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 03:36 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
One point is that we need to keep the process alive, so that when the masses finally get their heads out of their asses we can move on some of our very pressing problems.

Sometimes it just feels like "the process" is more destructive than productive.

Quote:
I am Zen so I am not doing this to firm up my relationship with God, though that sounds like a fine reason to me, I am doing it so that I can look at myself in the mirror in the morning.

Ummm... What is Zen? I mean, huh... Never quite heard it used like that before. It is important to be able to look in that mirror and be happy with what you see looking back at you. Sometimes it seems that people don't even look in the mirror at all anymore.

Quote:
Sometimes even lost causes are worth fighting for, though I dont believe that either america or the human race is a lost cause. Yet.

Once being considered a lost cause of sorts myself, those are the causes I now fight the hardest for. Smile
0 Replies