Glucosamine Supplements

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 06:04 am
Understood JL. I don't mind a degree of partisanship. I just like for the blows to be aimed at legitimate targets. Smile
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 07:36 am
I should have clarified myself when I said I could hardly lift my arm. It isn't that I can't life it because it won't go (like it's locked into place); I can't because it is too weak and is painful to do so. My bicep tendon is also a problem. I can actually feel my tendon slide over my bone when it's acting up and I press down on it. (shiver....nasty...)

My doctor had me taking Naproxin but that made my stomach all screwy so I stopped that.

Thanks for the advise. Very Happy I think I will start taking this stuff!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 08:29 am
Hey, without VA, I would probably have had to file bankruptcy. I was happy with everyone involved in patient care, though administration was not what it might have been. They did cover several sessions with therapists locally, but not as much as I or the therapist thought desirable. That was not a prosperous period of my life, by the way.

Thanks, JL. It's on its way.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 08:39 am
Does anyone else need a copy of the rotor cuff exercises JL sent? About the only way I can thank him is to forward them on to someone else, and I would be happy to do it.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 04:20 pm
Osso, I bought a bottle of the Glucosamine?Chrondritin, MSM (and collagen). It's a liguid amount for 33 days. It has a cherry flavor (they call it mixed berry) that I don't like too much, but with a dash of orange juice and water it's fine. It cost $18+, not too bad. One takes two tablespoons once a day. I'll let you know how it affects me.
Yeah, Kristie, watch for those NSaids (like Naproxen). They are very rough on the stomach. My wife had a bad experience with Naproxen). That bicep tendon problem could be serious. If the tendon tears away, you'll lose the ability to make curling motions. It can be surgerically repaired, if that's the case. I said earlier that I have a completely torn shoulder tendon, but the doctor made a point of telling me that my bicep tendon was fine.
0 Replies