What do I say?? How to show a man interest on FB messenger?

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2015 02:12 pm
Hi. So I recently bumped into a guy I casually know. Years ago we worked for the same company, but don’t know each other well and rarely saw each other. Anyhow, when I bumped into him I was with my boyfriend (now ex-boyfriend). The guy stared at me like he REALLY wanted to speak (like stared hard enough to make me look back). Anyhow, I’m single now and would love to go out with him. The only way I knew to find him was via FB. He accepted my invite, but hasn’t said anything directly. He’s a VERY respectable guy and wouldn’t approach me if he felt I was dating someone. Also, I “think” he might be a bit shy. I’m a decent catch and guys usually just assume I’m taken. I don’t know if he’s single and don’t want to appear aggressive or desperate in my message?? What can I say??

jespah

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2015 02:26 pm
@ILikeHim,
"Hi, ___ (whatever his name is)! I'm so glad we reconnected. Can we get coffee some time, and catch up in person? Here's my number: ____."

Send. Boom. Done.

If it goes well, then ask him if he'd like to get together, "for a date this time". If it goes poorly, then it's just coffee, and you can claim it really was you trying to reconnect. And during coffee, mention that you're not seeing your ex anymore.

And see what happens.
0 Replies