Dogs suck, Cats rule

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 10:25 pm
Cats are the coolest pets. Dogs smell, bark, jump all over you and get slobber all over your clothes, lick their balls, fart, chew up furniture and shoes, and you have to walk the stupid fleabags constantly.

Cats, on the other hand, require hardly any maintenance, are quiet most of the time, and even when they do meow, it isn't ever as loud as a yapping mutt. You never have to walk them, they can be left alone for days without a problem, and they are so damn cute.

Plus, dogs are stupid.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 12 • Views: 12,396 • Replies: 40
No top replies

Jim

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 10:54 pm
I couldn't agree more.

Cats are pests only when they want to be fed. Dogs are always pests.

Since my wife returned to the States leaving me alone with The World's Stupidest Dog, he has eaten one pair of slippers, three remote hand units, and a hat, and has spit up on the carpet twice.

Give me a cat any day.
SCoates

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 11:03 pm
I hate dogs. For reasons already described.

I got in a fight with a rotweiler once. Apparantly he was mad cuz I stole his owner's cookie. Interesting story, anyway.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 11:05 pm
Cats are the souls of the damned.

The Chinese have the right idea for them.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 11:18 pm
dogs chew
During a visit at my brother's home a few years ago, his dog chewed up my favorite pair of black dress shoes. They were the most beautiful shoes I ever owned . . . I'm still traumatized by the senseless destruction. Sad
0 Replies

Adrian

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 11:23 pm
Dogs are walking garbage disposal units.

The Chinese have the right idea for them. Laughing
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 01:14 am
I love them both, but I'll stick with having a cat, since dogs are too much work for me.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 05:03 am
Poor misguided kickycan. I have known cats that act like dogs, and vice versa. It was in fact, medieval Europeans who had it right, breeding large dogs for hunts and work, and small dogs for indoors, and compansionship. The working classes bred their own dogs, in disgust over the fact that it was once decreed that only the aristocracy could own purebreds. They bred ratters, and the dogs that later became the working group now codified for competition. Although the aristocrats and the proletariats had differring views on what made a dog, there was one thing they agreed on. Cats were the spawn of Satan, witches familiars, and should be drowned en masse in burlap sacks on sight. Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 05:59 am
dogs DON'T suck -- they rule!
they'll willingly become your employee in exchange for food and companionship.

when's the last time you saw a cat herd up a bunch of mice -- untouched and unharmed -- into a tight circle?

i don't hate cats, but i'd take a dog over a cat any day...
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 07:20 am
I have two cats, but have had dogs in the past as well. I love both and both have their pros and cons. Dogs can be trained not to jump all over you, female dogs do not lick their balls, dogs fart depending on what you feed them (and also old age just as in humans can increase the amount of gas dogs have), you can also train dogs not to chew on certain items and chewing also is dependent on the dog. I had one dog that chewed everything and one that never chewed on stuff. Dogs can also be trained not to bark or only bark in certain circumstances.

Cats require changing kitty litter instead of walking - unless of course you have a cat that is outdoors and then it has a decreased life span as other animals and being struck by cars are likely. Cats can be loud. My lovely kitty purrs so loud you cannot sleep - granted it does not bother the neighbors, but it sure as heck bothers my husband. They tear up the place with their claws and they are much harder to train to stop clawing than cats. You can of course have them de-clawed, but all the de-claw police will ream you on cruelty to animals. Cats jump up on top of you in the morning (some clawing your face) to feed you because you decide to sleep in two minutes. They bite your toes to get attention, they get into everything and climb on top of any high place and knock all your breakables down. They are smart - they know what to knock down when they are pissed at you. They shed, they jump out at you and hiss at you, they don't let you pull their tails like dogs do. Cats spit up hairballs all over the house. The sound is disgusting and the mess is too. They puke every where and if they get mad at you they will poop on the floor just to get even.

And I love them both.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 07:28 am
At the risk of repeating myself.....

If you woke up today and your dog was as big as a bull let's say...it would lick you, perhaps knock you down with his big tail and squash you up trying to get in your lap.....

If you woke up today and your kitty was as big as a tiger it would break your neck, play with you a bit, and then disembowel and begin to eat you while you were still alive.....
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 08:14 am
Great visual, bear, thank you, dude!

I'm still with kicky, though!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 08:17 am
what does a bear do to you when you wake up Question
0 Replies

the reincarnation of suzy

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 08:21 am
Smile I love both cats and dogs, as do my kids. I spoke with my son's girlfriend's dog on the phone yesterday, at my son's insistence! He said the dog wagged it's tail when I said Hi! When he calls his girlfriend, he talks to the dog and the dog licks the phone! Cute, huh? I can't see a cat caring one way or another... But I do love them both anyway!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 08:09 pm
Cats don't lick their balls? I have known smelly cats and cats that drool. More cats lick their butts than dogs do.

I adore both cats and dogs, but I am still more of a cat person than dog person. You can snuggle with a dog, s/he'll clean up the floor while you cook, s/he's protection..... Cats, well, they purr and fit nicely on your lap.

And my cat requires more maintenance than my dog does, he's diabetic. The dog can't be walked but has free-reign in a large fenced in back yard.
0 Replies

cat lover

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2004 08:44 pm
Cats Rule
I read this thing that said dogs suck and cats rule well that is absolutly right that person knows what they were talkin about dogs do suck they are stupid smelly ect. cats absolutly RULE! Very Happy
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2004 08:53 pm
Re: Dogs suck, Cats rule
kickycan wrote:
...Cats, on the other hand, require hardly any maintenance, are quiet most of the time, and even when they do meow, it isn't ever as loud as a yapping mutt. You never have to walk them, they can be left alone for days without a problem, and they are so damn cute.

Laughing You haven't met my cat, kickycan! He requires (demands!) all of the above, apart from a daily walk. Leave him alone for days? No way! Laughing
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2004 10:04 pm
msolga, you have one of those? Laughing There are always exceptions.

Hey, cat_lover, I like what you wrote! CATS! CATS! CATS!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2004 10:07 pm
kickycan wrote:
msolga, you have one of those? Laughing There are always exceptions.

Laughing Yep, I do! I think I created a monster! (Bit I love him madly, anyway! Very Happy )
0 Replies

ilovemyweasel

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 09:26 am
cats rule dogs suck
1. cats are more affectionate than dogs.
2. cats are more hygienic than dogs, dogs just stink.
3. cats are more popular than dogs in the UK, US and most of the world.
4. cats are smarter than dogs and don't say this is not true because it is a fact.
5. cats are so independent, dogs are just like babies and cant do anything for themselves.
6. if you got the strongest cat and the strongest do the cat would win in less than 10 seconds.
7. thousand of dogs have to be put to sleep ever year for attacking people, doesn't sound like mans best friend to me.
8. cats are way more cuter than dogs, did you see the ugliest dog contest that was on GMTV.
9. cats use a litter box dogs use your leg.
10. dogs are so rude they stick there tongue out at you all day