Why do special needs people always have a tough time finding a boyfriend/girlfriend?

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 01:32 pm
I m special needs and I m just stressed out to when finding a girlfriend. The girls always choose guys who ending up breaking their heart over a nice guy like me. Sad Is it because I m not normal to them? Its just really tough for someone like me.

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 01:40 pm
@mikeh1995,
Nice guys finish last, and fully functional beautiful people usually go for other fully functional beautiful people....this is the world that you must navigate.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 03:24 pm
@mikeh1995,
Dating sites may not be the way for you to go.

Join clubs and groups that interest you and mingle more. We "all" have something wrong with us, injuries, not tall enough, too tall, etc.

Stop looking at yourself in a negative way, smile and get out into the World.
Tes yeux noirs

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 03:59 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
something wrong

Poor choice of words, bro. I mean really poor.

FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2015 02:12 am
@Tes yeux noirs,
Quote:
We "all" have something wrong with us, injuries, not tall enough, too tall, etc.

I suggest that you read the entire sentence, no point picking two words out of it, when the entire sentence makes perfect sense .

And, I am no "Bro" so I think you also need to take time to investigate who you are replying to and have some, respect and call both correctly.
Tes yeux noirs

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2015 11:44 am
@FOUND SOUL,
The sentence makes perfect sense grammatically. That is not the issue. It is clear that you do not understand the point I was making, which is that saying that people with a disability have "something wrong with them" is insensitive and excluding. As for calling you "bro", I shall do so if I want to, bro. Respect has to be earned, and you have a considerable deficit to make up.

0 Replies

Pearlylustre

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2015 06:01 pm
@mikeh1995,
Find things that you enjoy doing (sport, music, art or whatever) and do them with a passion. You'll make friends and then you may be surprised what happens. I don't know what your special needs are but maybe you could be doing some kind of activity where you meet people in a similar situation.

My son has autism and my biggest fear when he was little was that he would end up lonely. He's single at the moment but has had two girlfriends and is now very fussy about who he will go out with. I went with him recently to Special Olympics state ten pin bowling championships and most of the young (and not so young) adults in our group were partnered up. Having special needs shouldn't stop you from having a girlfriend ...you just haven't met the right girl yet.
mikeh1995

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2015 01:36 pm
@Pearlylustre,
I have asperger's which is a form of autism.
0 Replies

Tes yeux noirs

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2015 02:09 pm
So why did my post saying that Found Soul made a wrong choice of words when he/she called disability "something wrong" with a person, get from + 3 to -6 votes? Some cowards I think. Or one person with fake accounts.

I still stand by what I wrote. People with a disability, or who are on the spectrum, do not have "something wrong" with them. They are not broken toys or faulty products. They are people just like everyone else.

Cowardly downvoters can go f***k themselves.

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2015 05:42 pm
@Tes yeux noirs,
Maybe because I also wrote:-

Quote:
Stop looking at yourself in a negative way

I am sure most got the point I was trying to make and that is, that Mike should stop viewing himself in a negative way, we all have issues and I'm damned if I am going to continue to defend myself to you.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2015 07:27 pm
@Tes yeux noirs,
That vote swing was interesting. The post was at +4 when I first saw it.

I'm very much in agreement with your comment on Found Soul's post.

Maybe I can trigger that same vote effect Rolling Eyes
Tes yeux noirs

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2015 12:45 am
@ehBeth,
Quote:
That vote swing was interesting. The post was at +4 when I first saw it.

I wonder if some people thought (even though I quoted "something wrong") that I was disagreeing with the general sentiment of Found Soul's post? As he or she keeps bleating, it is unexceptionable.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2015 02:41 am
@Tes yeux noirs,
Possibly, as that is how I took it, perhaps I was wrong in how you meant your reply to me, then.

Therefore I apologise.

Seems both of us had good intent.
Tes yeux noirs

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2015 03:07 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
Seems both of us had good intent.

Let us therefore bury the hatchet!
0 Replies