(Plz i need help!!) Does this cute dominican girl at work like me or is she just being friendly???

Reply Thu 10 Sep, 2015 10:45 pm
Okay so I just started working at this warehouse for amazon, but i need to know if this if this cute dominican girl(20 something) likes me or is just being friendly. Im black, tall and slim(skinny) and fresh out of HS(18y/o). On the first day of work as me and the other 2 new people walked in to the break room there sat 3 trainers. Two old women and the decently cute dominicana who was staring at me super hard. I thought nothing of it at first but there were moments of the warehouse tour that i noticed she would be next to me or staring at me(Im a quiet dude). After the tour i didnt see her alot expect for breaks and we didnt really talk alot.

Ok on to the second day as I was punching out for lunch i was having trouble with the scanner then out of nowhere dominicana comes from behind and helps me. We talked alittle she asked he how did i like my first job but her face was very close to mine as she asked . I told her it was chill and everyones nice. We talked alittle more and we went our seperated ways to our tables. Then during the last 15 minutes of t break i go outside to smoke a cig(i know cigs are bad for you. sue me!). But then dominicana and her friend came outside for a cig also( rarely smokes like that). As i was putting out my cig to go back inside dominicana saw me and asked me surprised that I smoked. I told her "hell yah" . Then she told me "Bad Boy". Then i said, "I get that all the time". She laughed to it.(i writing this on my phone so sorry this question isnt so detailed with correct punctions).

Okay on the third day as i was on break with my boys(all smoking cigs) Dominicana comes and walks out the front door, she was going to make a phone call. But as she walks by us she lightly touches me on my shoulder and says "you bad" and she kept walking to make her phone call. I didnt see her after that. Soooo then there was a meeting in the break as the meeting went on i noticed dominicana was staring at me from her table every chance she got. I stared at her back a couple times but after the meeting i didnt see her after that.

Then i dont know what happened on the fourth day but she walked through my station and i said "whats up" but all she did was give me a hesistant smile and kept going about her business. Then i didnt see her after, it was weird i felt like i did something wrong.

Sooo I dont know if this girl likes me or not. My friends say she does but i need to stop being a pussy and talk to her more but i dont wanna jump to conclusions so fast that i ruin it and it becomes awkward between us cuz shes really cute and, i wanna date or at least screw her(im a 18y/o boy dont judge me). I need some good advice plz some one on here help me.

JayBluedream

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2015 08:21 am
@JayBluedream ,
Plz this is serious im not lying i need advice.
jespah

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2015 08:50 am
@JayBluedream ,
Recognize that relationships at work are nearly always a bad idea. If you break up, it affects the working environment. I know you're a horny teenaged guy, but consider the job opportunities in your area. If there are several, act one way. If they're not so plentiful, then act another way. A good job in a tough area is better than a roll in the hay (you may not think that now, but you will eventually).

The best strategy is a straightforward one.

"Hi, Juanita (or whatever her name is)! Do you want to get a coffee after work?"

And see what happens. Coffee (or a soda if you don't drink coffee) is good because it's ambiguous. It can be a date, or not, depending how things go. If she say yes and they go well, then ask to see her again and preface it with, "Let's make it a real date next time."

Oh, and pay. Not because you're the guy but because you're the one doing the inviting.

If she says no but it's because it's a bad day for her, ask her when she's free, or give her a choice of two different days.

If she says no because she won't date people from work, or she has a boyfriend (or girlfriend) or she doesn't like you that way, then accept what she's telling you and move on.

But you will never know unless you ask.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2015 09:22 am
@JayBluedream ,
I think you are imagining something that is not there. You are seeing someone simply being nice to the new guy and imagining that she is hot for you. (Do you do this often with girls?)

Example. You wrote "But then dominicana and her friend came outside for a cig also( rarely smokes like that)" How do you know she rarely smokes like that? It was only your second day and you have no way of knowing in the middle of day two if she rarely smokes like that. In your mind you want her to have come out for a smoke because you were there.

In any case, the only way to know for sure is to follow Jespah's suggestion.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2015 09:40 am
@JayBluedream ,
You need to keep in mind that she is a trainer at the warehouse. Part of her role is to make sure things are ok for newbies (re - your problem punching out - she was there to help - that's part of her job).

Also, there's a possibility that she will be monitoring your work.

I'd suggest waiting a while before you ask her out - make sure your job is settled first.

And staring - don't stare. It's not nice to stare at people - even if it's to see if they're staring at you.
JayBluedream

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2015 11:16 am
@CoastalRat,
Cuz thats what my friends (they worked there longer than me) told me she barely comes outside to smoke during break shes always at the table eating and on the phone. Sorry for leaving out that detail.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2015 11:18 am
@JayBluedream ,
Don't assume that the reason she came out for one of her rare smokes had to do with you.

Keep your head down. Do your job. Do your job well.
JayBluedream

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2015 11:22 am
@ehBeth,
Im sorry i didnt really stare at her i caught her staring at me more than once. So i just gave her little glances here and there. I didnt stare at her long enough to be on that stalker status.
0 Replies

JayBluedream

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2015 11:26 am
@ehBeth,
I know but its the light touch on the shoulder is whats making me confused.
Tes yeux noirs

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2015 11:33 am
@JayBluedream ,
Quote:
I know but its the light touch on the shoulder is whats making me confused.

People do this all the time. It is NOT necessarily an invitation to jump on their bones.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2015 11:39 am
@JayBluedream ,
Nurses do it to patients all the time.

Teachers do it to students all the time.

People do it in passing at work.

It's not unusual.
0 Replies

JayBluedream

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2015 11:44 am
@Tes yeux noirs,
I dont know you might be right but all the staring she did at the meeting and her face near mine the times we talked i just dont get it am i that stupid to realize that this girl aint into me or is just being friendly. Man i cant read women at all.
Tes yeux noirs

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2015 12:05 pm
You might think that someone is "staring" at you because every time you look at that person, they are looking at you. Very often this is because they are aware of you looking at them, and keep looking to see if you are still doing it. It sounds like you have some trouble with social cues, and also lack insight into how your behavior affects others. Be very careful you do not get in trouble for harassment. My advice is to forget about any idea of dating this woman. She is a work colleague at a place where you are new, and she has some kind of supervisory responsibility over you.
JayBluedream

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2015 12:24 pm
@Tes yeux noirs,
What!? I looked up and she was staring at me first. I wasnt harrassing her in no way. I think you have it mixed up if anything she was harassing me I looked to see if she was still doing it i never stared at this chick like she was staring at me.
Tes yeux noirs

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2015 04:45 pm
@JayBluedream ,
Quote:
I think you have it mixed up

You're the "mixed up" person around here, I think.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2015 04:53 pm
@JayBluedream ,
She is a trainer where you work. She kind of has to be nice to you.

Relax.

Do your job. Don't worry about whether she likes you other than as a junior colleague.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2015 06:27 pm
@JayBluedream ,
You seem very keen on getting a girlfriend at your job. This is, in general, a dumb move, even more for a beginner at the job.. Forget about it, and do your work.
0 Replies

Tes yeux noirs

Reply Sat 12 Sep, 2015 01:42 am
Another point I just thought of is that different cultures sometimes have varying ideas of what "staring" means. Where I come from (Great Britain) the time threshold for looking at a person you are not talking to is quite short before it becomes significant in some way, whereas in other countries I have visited e.g. France and Spain, people may look at others for much longer without being judged rude or it being considered that they are "interested". I remember being slightly disconcerted, the first few times I was in Spain, by how frankly I was being looked at by everybody. After a bit I began to think that maybe Brits are rather shy and buttoned up.
0 Replies