Why do guys reject me?

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2015 01:06 pm
Hey! I'm a 16 years old girl and my life is a bit depressing right now cause each time I try to make new guy friends in my school, they reject me. They don't look at me in the eye or don't continue the conversation. I have some acne on my face but I know I'm not ugly.. My friends often tell me that- So why are guys so hard to talk to? I know it sounds stupid but it actually hurts me a lot. I'm kind of shy, so maybe when I talk it sounds wrong? I just want to make guy friends, or have a bf but it's so hard! I've had 2 boyfriends in the past but they were'nt serious.. I feel like only guys I don't like want to talk to me. Please give me some advice?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 8 • Views: 890 • Replies: 10

jespah

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2015 01:24 pm
@clairenoel28,
First off, the teen years suck for pretty much everybody, even the popular kids. So you're far from alone.

Second idea is, you may be coming on too strong. I can't tell as I haven't observed your interactions, but you might want to just talk to everyone. Boys, girls, teachers, parents, whoever. Nothing much and nothing too deep. It gets easier to talk to people if you practice, particularly when there is less at stake. I doubt you're interested in a relationship with your Math teacher, so talk to him. Even to just say hi in the hallways. Also, if you've got female friends, I bet some of them have brothers. Talk to those guys, too, even if they don't interest you or are too young or too old. "Hey, how's it goin'?" costs you absolutely nothing and is easy.

Finally, one thing you can do about shyness and reticence is learn how to act. This means volunteering for Drama Club and trying out for smaller parts. You don't have to be perfect. You don't even have to be chosen. You just have to put yourself out there, and you'll find rejection far easier to take. See, one #protip from an adult - you are going to come up against rejection a LOT in your life. That's not meant to depress you; that's just life in the big city. But here's another #protip, for free - it won't break you.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2015 01:58 pm
Listen to big sis Jespah.
and consider this:
https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/10968418_10153096880640350_2020000083343347833_n.jpg?oh=3081eb0796967e15e991a8987855ab40&oe=566B14E6
0 Replies

HesDeltanCaptain

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2015 06:45 am
@clairenoel28,
'Dress for success' came to mind. Dress in styles that are complimentary to the kind of guys you fancy. If you dress in one sort of style, and the guys you like dress in a significantly different you wont gel well together.

Flattery's tried and true. If you dig someone tell em they look hot today. Girls get compliments all the time, but it's rarer for guys to have a girl tell up straight up they look good. Don't compliment the article of apparel but the guy himself. Over time, when you see him tell him hi, "Hey sexy!" and let him see you admiring him. He'll get it. Smile
0 Replies

bestsent

Reply Sun 13 Sep, 2015 01:56 am
Because you are coming on to them. Keep quiet around boys be a lady watch what happy show no sign of interest they will begin talking to you. Do not
rush into no one you will be sorry!!!!!
jespah

Reply Sun 13 Sep, 2015 07:38 am
@bestsent,
So, what's the weather like in 1953?
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 13 Sep, 2015 06:30 pm
How old are thesse guys you want to start up a conversation?

Try talking with older guys.
glitterbag

Reply Sun 13 Sep, 2015 08:57 pm
@PUNKEY,
PUNKEY wrote:

How old are thesse guys you want to start up a conversation?

Try talking with older guys.

So, what's older, 30 year olds?
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 13 Sep, 2015 09:16 pm
@clairenoel28,
You know more information would sure help. What kind of guys like you? With that information we can know what kind of signals you are giving off. If they are the "wrong" ones then you have the power to change them to some degree.

0 Replies

pravinbh

Reply Mon 14 Sep, 2015 01:33 am
@clairenoel28,
First, You don't nervous and forget everything, Think positive. Tell me, want type of girl you and what is your dress style. If you are serious type of girl then try to find serious type of guys because they listen you, they love your friends.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 14 Sep, 2015 01:52 am
Maybe i missed it, i just scanned the replies, so if this has been said, oh well.

The guys you're talking to may be shy, awkward and clueless about talking to girls, you know. There's not necessarily anything wrong with you, nor with the guys, for that matter. It's a difficult time of life, and it's just as difficult for the guys as it is for the girls.
0 Replies