Why do so many so-called Christians turn backwards to the Old Testament?

Leadfoot

Fri 11 Sep, 2015 06:15 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:

Why before me? Do I get off on watching people die?

No, but If you are going to kill or have someone killed by your command, you should be man enough to be there. I respect that.
reasoning logic

Fri 11 Sep, 2015 06:24 pm
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
No, but If you are going to kill or have someone killed by your command,

I would not kill or have someone killed because they chose not to worship me.
This sounds like some sort of control freak.
Leadfoot

Fri 11 Sep, 2015 06:47 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
I would not kill or have someone killed because they chose not to worship me.
This sounds like some sort of control freak.

You didn't really get into the scenario did you? Separate your skepticism about religion and bible for a moment and pretend we are critiquing characters in a fictional story. Then apply 'reasoning logic' to the scenario. He said enemies, not those who refuse to worship.
reasoning logic

Fri 11 Sep, 2015 07:44 pm
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
Separate your skepticism about religion and bible for a moment and pretend we are critiquing characters in a fictional story. Then apply 'reasoning logic' to the scenario. He said enemies, not those who refuse to worship.

It is very hard for me to pretend that I have an enemy that I would like to kill.
Maybe I see people in a different way than you.
If someone wants to cause me great harm I see this individual as having some sort of psychiatric condition and I do not want to see this person killed in front of me.
0 Replies

Amoh5

Fri 11 Sep, 2015 09:42 pm
@reasoning logic,
I learnt to value human life from God through Lord Jesus, not through physics or any modern day scientist, or anyone else for that matter. Thats why I declare the superiority of Lord Jesus from God.
Amoh5

Fri 11 Sep, 2015 09:48 pm
@reasoning logic,
Your quote Luke 19:27 came from a character in Lord Jesus' parable, not directly from him
0 Replies

Amoh5

Fri 11 Sep, 2015 10:07 pm
@Leadfoot,
Luke 19:27 Our Lord was merely talking about a parable character, in this case the nobleman master, it was he who said," bring here those enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, and slay them before me" It wasn't directly from Lord Jesus. It was a parable character. People are always look for ways to discredit our Lord Jesus. But you know the funny is that they know instinctively behind their own doubt, that Lord Jesus has only compassion and forgiveness towards them, and all humanity.
reasoning logic

Sat 12 Sep, 2015 02:31 am
@Amoh5,
Quote:
I learnt to value human life from God through Lord Jesus,

Mine seems to come naturally through what I call empathic distress. It is similar to how a baby chicken knows how to peck for food when it is hatched.

Jesus seemed to be a very important part of my learning as well but I do think the only real thing about the character is his ethics. Jesus himself seems to be a myth.

Smileyrius

Sat 12 Sep, 2015 03:36 am
@Amoh5,
Is Jesus more forgiving than his father, or indeed more compassionate?
Amoh5

Sat 12 Sep, 2015 03:44 am
@reasoning logic,
Your reading skills aren't too sharp when you implied that the quote from Luke 19:27 came directly from Lord Jesus, it was the nobleman master from the parable saying that. I too have read all the Wikipedia "did Jesus really exist" conspiracy theories. I'm not convinced by those theories. I think you would have to be sick to want to look for a conspiracy theory against a teacher who teaches the value of human life and says he loves us. Anyway I'd give my allegiance to an awesome character like Lord Jesus any day whether people say he existed or not. His sense of righteousness and morality is way beyond any human being I've ever studied. You are saying that the great righteousness and human morality of Lord Jesus is just a myth? What a sad day for humanity, especially our babies.
reasoning logic

Sat 12 Sep, 2015 04:00 am
@Amoh5,
Quote:
His sense of righteousness and morality is way beyond any human being I've ever studied.

That Is our problem being human. It is very unlikely for you or any other human to study moral philosophy. You can get a PhD "Philosophy degree" in many subjects but not in ethics or moral philosophy. My guess is because psychopathy is more dominant than empathy at least for now.
Amoh5

Sat 12 Sep, 2015 04:00 am
@Smileyrius,
Read the gospels of our Lord my friend, a great reading on human morality that science or physics will never comprehend
Amoh5

Sat 12 Sep, 2015 04:13 am
@reasoning logic,
Yes you are right, we lack the ability and capacity to completely psycho analyse ourselves because our imperfections impair our judgements. Lord Jesus is perfect therefore his judgement is clear on the human psyche
reasoning logic

Sat 12 Sep, 2015 04:56 am
@Amoh5,
Quote:
Lord Jesus is perfect therefore his judgement is clear on the human psyche

I don't think I would go as far as saying that because Jesus said,
Luke 18:19

And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.

Jesus seems to be humbling himself.
Amoh5

Sat 12 Sep, 2015 05:41 am
@reasoning logic,
He was comparing himself to God, not to people. If he was being compared to people he would be perfect.
reasoning logic

Sat 12 Sep, 2015 05:44 am
@Amoh5,
Quote:
He was comparing himself to God, not to people.

Is this factual? Do you have any evidence?
Amoh5

Sat 12 Sep, 2015 06:06 am
@reasoning logic,
Read all the gospels of Lord Jesus. You are just trying to find any little quotes in the gospels to discredit this great teacher, what are you on? You seem like a very sad negative person.
reasoning logic

Sat 12 Sep, 2015 06:50 am
@Amoh5,
Quote:
You are just trying to find any little quotes in the gospels to discredit this great teacher,

No not at all, I am merely sharing with you what I have read. I can only give "anyone" whether it be Jesus, Poseidon, the prophet Mohammad, or any character Joseph Smith may have talked about the same credibility and the same scrutiny.
Frank Apisa

Sat 12 Sep, 2015 07:24 am
@Amoh5,
Amoh5 wrote:

Read all the gospels of Lord Jesus. You are just trying to find any little quotes in the gospels to discredit this great teacher, what are you on? You seem like a very sad negative person.

There is a "gospel" of "Lord Jesus?"

I did not know that.

Where can I find a copy, Amoh?
Amoh5

Sat 12 Sep, 2015 07:41 am
@reasoning logic,
So I guess I'll just have to respond to any complaints about Christianity like a "Christian Customer Call Centre" I'll do my best. Thank you, have a good day Sir/Madam
0 Replies