9

Why do so many so-called Christians turn backwards to the Old Testament?

Joe Sixpack

3  
Reply Mon 14 Sep, 2015 02:34 pm
@reasoning logic,
So God only got off on that for a short period? Do you think it was a fad?
I think neo was figuring 7000 years would be enough
reasoning logic

0  
Reply Mon 14 Sep, 2015 05:33 pm
@Joe Sixpack,
Maybe you are correct.

Amoh5

1  
Reply Tue 15 Sep, 2015 07:49 am
I have often declared in my previous posts that I am not perfect, but strive to be in the spirit of Lord Jesus from God the Father. I do not claim perfection over other Christians or any human being, as Lord Jesus said : How can you say to your brother," let me remove the speck from your eye", when all the time there is a plank in your own eye. Claiming perfection over another human being can be delusional & hyprocritical. ----------------------------------------------------------- Therefore, it is more realistic to think neutrally towards vain ideals so that others do no feel uneasy in your company. ----------------------------------------------- I have a saying that I use to keep things real when I am pleaded to help towards strenuous tasks or I am expected to exceed my capabilities, "I'm not superman or a magician, but I'll do my best". --------------------------------------------------------- You know the most challenging aspect of life I think is as a human being, in all my adult years, is accepting or managing imperfection. Like everyone else, I too hope that everyday will go perfect and well. But in reality theres allways something that is going to catch you off guard and you think drat! Not one of those ones again! But I suppose we all have our ways of coping with this phenomenon. And thats another reason why I became a Christian.

Real Music

1  
Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2021 02:35 am
1. I am going to book mark this thread.

2. I think JGoldman10 might find this thread interesting enough to engage in conversation with other posters.
NealNealNeal

0  
Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2021 06:11 am
@Real Music,
As a Jew I find that the entire OT leads up to the coming of Jesus, Who is the Messiah.
Adam and Eve sinned, which brought depravity to mankind. God promised to send the Messiah to restore fellowship back to man with God. Meanwhile, God established a covenant with Abraham to establish His people as Abraham trusted God.
Later, God established a covenant with His people through Moses. Primarily, He established the "sin offering" where a lamb was slain for the sins of each individual.
Finally, the Messiah came (the lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world). His death was the ultimate death for our sins. He then defeated death by His resurrection.
Now, all that needs to happen is for each individual person to accept Jesus as his Savior and accept Him as Lord of his life. Then, he can have fellowship with God.
Frank Apisa

1  
Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2021 08:00 am
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

Your god put Adam and Eve in a "garden" with a particular tree of which they were ordered not to eat its fruit. They supposedly were totally innocent...and had absolutely no idea of what was good or evil. And, as any child would tell you, they eventually ate of the fruit of that tree.

That so enraged your god that it condemned the two in the harshest terms possible...and condemned all of humanity for all time also.

Humanity is not guilty of "depravity" in that story...your god is!

But to give your god his due...he decided he would make things right with humanity by sending his son to Earth to "redeem" humanity. All humanity had to do was to torture and kill that son...and he would forgive them.

How anyone can "worship" a god like that is beyond comprehension.

This has been discussed before: https://able2know.org/topic/9750-1

NealNealNeal

0  
Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2021 08:34 am
@Frank Apisa,
God is Holy. He can not tolerate disobedience to Him. Adam and Eve did not believe what God told them (if you eat of the tree you shall surely die). God was true to His word.
Jesus willingly came down to earth and died for our sins. I am absolutely amazed that He would do this. It shows how tremendous His love and grace is
God insists that His worshippers trust and obey Him. If we do so, life becomes absolutely wonderful. However, Christians need to go through the sanctification process in order to learn to trust God.
My concern for you is where you end up after you die. Otherwise, I would just say to live your life as you are living it.