Why do so many so-called Christians turn backwards to the Old Testament?

Amoh5

Wed 9 Sep, 2015 05:37 pm
@Leadfoot,
Your not making any sense to me Leadfoot, you obviously have your own perpectives on the gospels of our Lord, thats fine with me, you have a good day and God bless you
reasoning logic

Wed 9 Sep, 2015 05:40 pm
@Amoh5,
What do you think about our prophet Muhammad?
reasoning logic

Wed 9 Sep, 2015 06:27 pm
@Amoh5,
Quote:
Why do so many so-called Christians turn backwards to the Old Testament?

I will be honest At first I thought it was just case of ethic retardation but when I seen others who claim to use the new Testament only I new there was more to the story because I was also unable to see a measurable standard in the new Testament only control group so I guess it's just some sort of Christian psychosis.
Amoh5

Thu 10 Sep, 2015 05:55 am
@reasoning logic,
What do I think of Muhammad? If he truely did engage in war massacres, then I could never be inspired by such a teacher. I can understand the reason for killing another human being for self defence and protection. But any other reason is merely human self destruction. No value for human life whatsoever. I have met a few Muslims in my time and they are beautiful decent human beings. So I wouldn't say Islam is all bad
0 Replies

Amoh5

Thu 10 Sep, 2015 06:35 am
@reasoning logic,
A Christian pyschcosis? I think its amnesia, especially when they stray off into other scriptures in the Old Testament and take them as absolute gospels without checking the true gospels of Lord Jesus to see whether they really measure up or not. Otherwise they may think about burning homosexuals at the stake. I know this is an extreme example of the past, but I do notice that it happens today in more subtle kinds of ways.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Thu 10 Sep, 2015 08:55 am
@Amoh5,
Quote:
@Leadfoot,
Your not making any sense to me Leadfoot, you obviously have your own perpectives on the gospels of our Lord, thats fine with me, you have a good day and God bless you

So far I have not given any of my own perspectives. I have only quoted the words of Jesus Christ and asked for your interpretation.

If your church were to kick me out for quoting the book you claim to believe, it would not be the first church to do so.
0 Replies

Amoh5

Thu 10 Sep, 2015 05:08 pm
@neologist,
Neologist, you asked me whether I would not take up arms? There is only one reason I would take up arms, self defence and protection as I expressed in my post to reasoning logic concerning Muhammad. You have raised an issue that I had wrestled with for a short time as a Christian concerning the gospel on turning the other cheek. My conclusion to this issue is that Lord Jesus was speaking only to his apostles not ordinary people or non-apostles. His apostles were walking his path where he could not hurt any human being whatsoever, especially if we are to look up to him as a loving and forgiving Father also. I don't think he expected ordinary people to be defenceless, that wouldn't make any sense especially if you have children to protect as well. I think the gospel on turning the other cheek was only a reference to him and his apostles in showing his compassion and forgiveness towards all humanity. I think it is safer to take the gospels of Lord Jesus as absolute truth only, rather than stray off somewhere else looking at other scriptures and treating them as absolute truth.
reasoning logic

Thu 10 Sep, 2015 05:26 pm
@Amoh5,
Quote:
I think it is safer to take the gospels of Lord Jesus as absolute truth only,

Do you know, believe, think, understand, or is it a combination of these ideas that you think may be true?
neologist

Thu 10 Sep, 2015 05:28 pm
@Amoh5,
Amoh5 wrote:
. . . My conclusion to this issue is that Lord Jesus was speaking only to his apostles not ordinary people or non-apostles. . .
What makes you say that? Shouldn't all people strive to be as Jesus' apostles.
Quote:
And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come(Matthew 24:14)
Quote:
Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you. (Matthew 28:19-20)
Amoh5

Thu 10 Sep, 2015 05:34 pm
@neologist,
Does it make sense to allow people to murder your own children?
Amoh5

Thu 10 Sep, 2015 05:38 pm
@reasoning logic,
I think it is up to Christians to interpret the gospels of Lord Jesus in a sensible manner rather than taking all words literally.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Thu 10 Sep, 2015 05:40 pm
@Amoh5,
Quote:
There is only one reason I would take up arms, self defence and protection as I expressed in my post to reasoning logic concerning Muhammad. You have raised an issue that I had wrestled with for a short time as a Christian concerning the gospel on turning the other cheek.

What do you think about the first jesus like people who dwelt around the Mediterranean where Jesus dwelt? " The Time frame was the same too. They were also recorded in history by a historian. "The Therapeutae" Do you think they may have been lion food for corrupting the minds of the youth by teaching them ethics?

They gave up there land, possessions, and did not believe that slavery was natural. If you read about them you will seen they were very Jesus like.
Amoh5

Thu 10 Sep, 2015 05:47 pm
@neologist,
I think disciples and non-disciples are two different paths. I give my allegiance to God through Lord Jesus as a child, not as an apostle or a disciple.
Amoh5

Thu 10 Sep, 2015 05:59 pm
@reasoning logic,
"The Therapeutae" I'll have a read of it on Wikipedia and tell you what I think
0 Replies

neologist

Thu 10 Sep, 2015 05:59 pm
@Amoh5,
Amoh5 wrote:
Does it make sense to allow people to murder your own children?
Did I say that?
Going back only a century, the world has seen Catholics killing Catholics, Protestants killing Protestants, all the while under the blessing of the clergy. http://api.ning.com/files/IAzsD4X16omY0azUyYnfjP7LB1dNQ-obZrMpSWdMmCSf2ZiBndJnF*7HlQ*BP4kADHEYNyvzLP*lp4CEhCYglTPfJrpG5WoK/gottMitUns.png?width=622&height=444
reasoning logic

Thu 10 Sep, 2015 06:04 pm
@Amoh5,
Quote:
I give my allegiance to God through Lord Jesus as a child, not as an apostle or a disciple.

They do it that way in the Philippines as well.

The man in the picture is Jesus to more than a million in the Philippines.
If you were born there you would think you were in the garden of Eden.
neologist

Thu 10 Sep, 2015 06:19 pm
@Amoh5,
Amoh5 wrote:
I think disciples and non-disciples are two different paths. I give my allegiance to God through Lord Jesus as a child, not as an apostle or a disciple.
I detect a great dissonance here.
Amoh5

Thu 10 Sep, 2015 06:56 pm
@neologist,
I don't think i have the desire or the capacity to walk the path of Lord Jesus, let alone allowing people to slap my cheek, I'll probably knock them out. I don't want to be like a Father of all humanity like Lord Jesus, they would drive me stark raving nuts, considering how unhuman people can be. No, I'd rather be a child of God and Lord Jesus and try to follow his morality on how it is to be human. I've never seen any gospel of Lord Jesus that doesn't allow you to come to God as a child.
0 Replies

Amoh5

Thu 10 Sep, 2015 07:04 pm
@reasoning logic,
I wasn't aware of this in the Philippines, sounds like a similar one in Russia. I think they call him Vissarion.
0 Replies

Amoh5

Thu 10 Sep, 2015 07:27 pm
@neologist,
Catholics killing Catholics, Protestants killing Protestants, I don't think that comes from God. Not through Lord Jesus anyway. The only time I think its ok to kill another human being(and I'm not saying Lord Jesus likes us doing that) is for necessary self defense or defense of your children. I don't think Lord Jesus wants us to be defenseless, that makes no sense, but I think he would rather people get along with one another, not killing each other unnecessarily.
0 Replies