My wife doesn't know if she wants to be married to me any more

Reply Sat 5 Sep, 2015 01:59 am
Hello this is my first time on a fourm like this so this might be a little rough but I am 21 and my wife is 21 and we have been married for 3 years and we dated for 2 years and I'm also in the army so you all have a background for the picture. So we havnt been perfect people we have had alot of stress since I joined the army but our first year I talked to amother girl for a month and then I stopped never met her never got pictures or sent pictures and I regreed it and I told her about it and she was mad but we got passed that I was really in a bad spot when her family started trying to tell us how to live our life and I was about to go to ntc "a month long training event" and I yelled and threw some blinds off a window when I was trying to fix it then a few months later I find out that she had been sending naked pictures to 3 diffrent dudes and it started right before I left and I also found out then she had showed a tatto artist her body to get free tattoos when I was at basic so we talked and got passed it and I yelled a few more times about thing serious it was just a short like sentence the few times and then I apologizeed and when I got deployed I found out she went home and cheated on me with 2 dudes sent naked pictures to another and now she tells me she doesn't know if she wants to be with me and I love her so much but I don't know what I should do she is leaveing today to go home and said we would see what happens with our relationship when I get out in November but I really want this to work but I don't know if I should try I am so hurt I really need some neutral advice.

jespah

Reply Sat 5 Sep, 2015 04:24 am
@Joseph13,
I'm sorry to read this - and I also thank you for serving.

The thing about serving in the armed forces is that it's like one big, long business trip. And that messes with the dynamics in a relationship, even under the best of circumstances. You also have a few major strikes against you - you are both young, and I am going to go out on a limb here and assume that you are each other's first serious relationship, you probably lose your virginities to each other, and she may even be your one and only.

Plus you have both already clearly had second thoughts.

I do hope you don't have kids. And if you don't, for the love of God, please use birth control every single time. Because bringing a kid into this screwed-up situation is really unfair to the child. And as for your sake, use a condom every single time. She has slept with other guys. This means her sexual history is suspect and you are at risk for STDs.

Yeah, it's that serious.

I highly recommend counseling. Talk to the base doctor and get a referral. You will likely have to go by yourself, given where you are, etc. But when you are home, try to get her to go with you. I doubt that you can save the marriage, but it sounds like at least you don't want to give up quite so easily. I suspect that counseling will be more to your benefit, to give you tools for dealing with what is probably an inevitable breakup. But I still feel you would benefit from a talk and getting some help with the transition and also with how to deal with how life in the armed services can change a person and their preexisting relationships.
Joseph13

Reply Sat 5 Sep, 2015 04:33 am
@jespah,
We didn't lose our virginity to each other she was my first serious relationship and I really thot she was my one and only. But no kids I always were protection. And thank you for your advice I really appreciate it
jespah

Reply Sat 5 Sep, 2015 05:12 am
@Joseph13,
All the best to you.
0 Replies

HesDeltanCaptain

Reply Sun 6 Sep, 2015 09:12 am
@Joseph13,
Age to get married should be like 40. Asking people who've only been alive a couple decades to plan their romantic attractions for a span of time longer then they've even existed isn't realistic.

While I don't approve of the military (being entirely about murdering people) I would say either commit to that, or a wife, but both are full-time commitments so it's not likely to work well trying to do both. Especially if the military came up later and wasn't something she knew was coming and would be ok being a military wife with absent spouse.
0 Replies