Dating Help! Help me keep her interested!

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2004 02:42 pm
Took advice from you guys in a post i made a week ago and it worked!!!...spoke to this girl Ive been on and off with for 3 years and we finally made time for eachother and we are both very very happy. I need sum suggestions tho...I am 17, have a summer job as a counselor who doesnt get paid very well so i have about enough money to take her out once a week for a movie and such, im never cheap when i take her out, i always make sure we have a great time im pretty much prepared to take her out to a nice night when we go out...but we usually go to the movies and Im lookin to do sumthin different with her but I wanna change it up a bit...Any1 have any suggestions on where to take her and ideas on wut to do keeping in mind $ and intimacy...any help would be appreciated
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,488 • Replies: 42
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2004 05:05 pm
Ask her what she'd like to do.

Don't make a big deal about your limited budget--but don't moan and groan about it either. There are lots of fun, free activities, especially in the summer.

Check out museums, outdoor art shows, motorcycle rallies. August is a month for fairs--and some nights are cheaper than others. Nature walks. Swimming. The world is waiting for you both.

Enjoy.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2004 05:20 pm
My favorite cheap romantic date is at the planetarium. When the lights go down and the stars come out it's really intimate. Got one near you?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2004 07:49 pm
Is there a rose garden near you? Pack a picnic and take her there for dinner.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2004 08:38 pm
Go to a beach if there's one around you...do you guys do any similar activities? Bike riding, roller blading, ect. Go minature golfing, take a drive somewhere, go see some live music. There's plenty of stuff you can do cheap.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2004 08:43 pm
Slappy I was waiting for the punch line...lol
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2004 08:49 pm
Are there any slaughterhouses in your neighborhood?

Most women love to tour slaughterhouses.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2004 08:59 pm
There we go. The world is right
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2004 09:00 pm
Someone's gotta pick up the slack for Slappy when he's down.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2004 09:29 pm
Exactly
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 09:27 am
Madlibs, trivial pursuit, or kidnap a child for maybe a week and pretend you have a family!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 09:30 am
Laughing On a more serious note, you mention you are a camp counsellor. One thing I know from going to camp as a kid was that the counsellors often had their girlfriends come up to visit, enjoy the outdoors and the activities, and the, ahem, after-hours playtime once the kiddies were in bed. Just something to think about that wouldn't cost you a dime.
0 Replies

Ghendo

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 12:01 pm
There are a bunch of great suggestions here. My personal favorite:

Go to the public library and find a book that looks interesting to both of you (romantic novels are the best). The take a quilt or something and pair of PB&J sanwiches to a park where you can see the sun set (or sun rise Shocked ) and read to her. Aawww.... Best of luck.
0 Replies

EMSFD125

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 03:22 pm
thanx but...
lol what i really wanna know is if u guys tried any of this stuff be4 u send me to do it...reality isnt made from a movie guys
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 03:30 pm
Well, my camp story was real. It was overnight camp though. I don't know if you do overnight camp, or just day camp.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 03:31 pm
I also rose to the ranks of counsellor, and got all the perks. :cool:
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 03:35 pm
I've never read to a girl in a park. If you want to do that, you may as well cry in front of her, and tell her it's because the sunset is so beautiful.

To add onto Gargamel's suggestion with the kid, women love a macho guy. Beating up kids in front of her is sure to impress.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 03:48 pm
As for reading to a girl in a park, I think "100 dollars, In God we Trust" usually works.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 06:35 pm
No one mentioned cooking yet. Y'all can cook together. There's guaranteed to be some zany mishaps you can laugh about over the years.

Seriously though, make dinner together, that's fun.

Afterward you can show her your videotape of the plastic bag blowing in the alley and tell her that sometimes things are so beautiful, you feel like your heart is going to cave in.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 06:49 pm
EMSFD125, be very careful who you listen to here. Most of the people on this thread are flaming homosexuals. I think Noddy and Eva are okay, don't really know Ghendo or Gargamel all that well but I'd keep 2 hands on the soap around the rest. Shocked

Ps, since movies are working so far, switch to a rental so it's a smooth transition to foolin around (hello). Idea
0 Replies