I lost my mother 2 years ago and it 's very difficult... whow can i continue

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2015 10:09 pm
Hye,
Today is 2 years of the death of my mother.
It is very difficult to me and my family,how can we continue from here.

Ragman

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2015 10:20 pm
@Betty israel,
I really feel for you. Maybe others can advise you better. Perhaps you might want to consider grief counseling or one-on-one counseling.

I lost my mother 48 yrs ago. I still consider it difficult but I've learned how to work around it..or cope differently. There'll always be a hole in my life that won't be filled...but my heart grew in different areas...stronger... maybe.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2015 10:28 pm
@Betty israel,
Time will help you, but grief will still hit you like a wave and you'll drown
in it until you emerge catching your breath and moving forward until the next wave hits you. I don't think you'll ever get over it, over time it becomes less painful and you'll learn to cope. The gap between the waves will become bigger, but it won't ever subside. Just try to continue as best as you can and one day you'll have learned to cope and your memories will be less hurtful.
I am sorry for your loss.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2015 06:36 am
I think one of the things I learned from attending grief groups (I really do recommend this for the entire family. Contact your local funeral home or church, they sometimes offer this. ) is the importance of "healthy" grieving.

If there was conflict in the relationship, then it sometimes takes longer to resolve all that. If that person was exceptionally good, then sometimes the family does not let this person be "human" and hold him/her into such high esteem that he/she almost becomes a god.

If you can, celebrate the GOOD and REALITY this person left for you. My parents were alcoholic, still, they were not all good or not all bad parents and they did leave me some good memories. I hang on to those thoughts.

0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2015 07:42 pm
@Betty israel,
I lost my mother when I was 17 from breast cancer. I never really got to say goodbye to her, she was in ICU and medicated. Then at 22 my father passed away. The last time I saw him he sat up, hugged me and gave me a kiss on the forehead, then he laid back in bed. Two days later I watched him go away.

It will never really leave you, they will always be there everyday. You can’t break down you just have to go on. They were great and truly missed.

Now I have three kids at home and they see grandma and grandpa’s pictures on the mantle everyday. They would love these kids!

0 Replies

Dropship

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2015 10:49 pm
My mother died 16 years ago, and my dad before her, as did all my aunts and uncles, grandparents, a baby nephew, some friends and a bunch of pets. I never married or had kids so am basically alone in the world, but amazingly I'm not downhearted because I regard them as all being back there in the pages of history, safe and secure.
My Christian outlook might have something to do with it too, summed up by this verse-
"Don't grieve for those asleep, for they sleep in Jesus" (1 Thess 4:13/14)
Or as the saying goes, R.I.P..Smile

0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2015 11:32 am
@Betty israel,
I would offer you the same advice I recently gave to another poster regarding the loss of her father
http://able2know.org/topic/290452-1#post-6016932

We don't "get over" these losses, but we can learn how to live with them so that the memory of our loved one helps to diminish the acute pain of their being gone. The adjustment to such a loss can be very difficult and it may take considerable time, but, for most of us, grieving does reach a plateau and eventually it begins to abate in daily intensity.

You are continuing, and that's a tribute to your mother and the strength she imparted to you. See if you can find a bereavement/grief counselor (or group) to help you, and your family, continue to navigate this chapter of your life.
0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2015 03:00 pm
@Betty israel,
I am so sorry for your loss. It takes time. Just let yourself go through each part of the grieving process. It is important, so you can heal. Someday it won't hurt as bad. As time goes on it hurts less, but I don't know that it ever goes away completely. It hasn't for me. Don't be discouraged by that though! It may have taken me many years to get there, but I can finally look at a picture of my dad and smile instead of cry! It will happen for you too! Everyone heals at different rates.
0 Replies

tlatoanitzin

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2015 12:31 pm
@Betty israel,
Every death around us is a simple reminder of what the outcome of us will be. Death is meant to teach us a lesson, we are finite and determined to die. So instead of being sad, get strong, learn the lesson, do whatever you have to do in this life before you pass away, do not let death surprise you under watch. And please, now you know how death is like, do not bring children to this world to experiment death around and on their own, just because you feel alone, and you bring them the suffering of your loss, like your mother caused to you.
0 Replies