Did i screw things up with this man?

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2015 02:01 am
So I was on a date with this guy. He brought me chocolates and i decided it was a good idea to sit at a meter and a half distance so there wouldn't be any awkward moments like getting intimate with me too soon. Since we had this distance between us i felt comfortable to look him in the eyes when we had conversations. We listened to music, i didn't mention my past love life. He came around 19:00 and said that he had to go home at 22:40. He's feeling kinda sickly these days and he needs to prepare for a 2 week tour with the band that starts next week. I'm also leaving the country for a 2 week vacation with my 2 male friends(they r like brothers to me). So when the date ended, i dreaded that he might try to kiss me (i don't like getting that close too soon) but i was surprised that we shook hands and kissed on the cheek. The next day i sent him a message: Thanks for coming over, i had fun last night.
He answered: I'm glad
then i asked for the name of a show he mentioned he likes and he sent me the link. I thanked him and left the conversation because i had things to do.What i found weird was that he didn't ask me out for a second date
. this was yesterday and we haven't talked to each other since.
Does he like me? Did something go wrong during the date? I thought we were doing well, we share a lot of interests. He seemed eager to meet up for our first date and he even got a haircut a few hours before our date. Is everything ok or am i just going nuts here?
Should i be the one to ask him out for a second date or should i wait for him? I thought i'd wait until i got back from my vacation and he's done touring. Thats in about 3 weeks. We wont be so busy then.
What should i do?
I don't know if this means anything, his zodiak sign is cancer and I'm a scorpio.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 522 • Replies: 5

FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2015 02:58 am
@LunaLisac,
I think that when you have a date, there has to be a bit of a spark. It's "ok" to have a kiss at the end. I don't think that he can read minds. I suspect that your body language suggested that you were not wanting a kiss to see if there was anything there "it's a kiss not a full on kiss" and perhaps the rest of the night was more of a "talk" as apposed to a date? Especially sitting so far apart.

I suspect he felt there was nothing there. Your text message about a band also is just in a friends zone.

If you click you talk about everything because it's of interest to both of you, you laugh, you get along and all of a sudden you are interested you want that kiss because you want to know if there is also a connection or potential one.

A guys doesn't just kiss for sex.

Well not all.

I am sure you trust yourself you know how to say no, let your hair down a little, dating should be fun .

BUT, it sounds as if he came to yours? That's dangerous for a first date, you don't know him and he has your address.

Please meet out somewhere when on a first date and even 2nd until you get to know someone.

There was no spark, no chemistry because you withheld it, he may even have thought as you invited him to your house that it was "on" .

Such mixed signals and I don't know if as if it was at your house and first date and you invited him if that was his intent in any event and not to get to know you and then he realised whilst there, noooo way.. Nothing is happening.

I again just suggest smile, be the woman you are, don't change, go somewhere safe for a date with people around, take the risk of a kiss it's only a kiss and people are around and go home alone and see what happens.

0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2015 03:02 am
@LunaLisac,
Relax...go on vacation.
Send him a text to let him know what fun you're having(like a buddy would)
A couple of days before you get back ask him out.
0 Replies

Paaskynen

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2015 12:57 pm
@LunaLisac,
Do you like him? If so, ask him out again and see if he's interested.
Astrology has nothing to do with it.
panzade

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2015 01:54 pm
@Paaskynen,
hi Paasky...welcome back
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2015 02:37 pm
@LunaLisac,
Are you interested in him?

If you are, send him a note letting him know you'd like to see him when you're both back in town and that you'll send him another note in a couple of weeks.

__

I've got a friend who waited a bit too long to let a guy know she was interested after their first date. By the time she let him know she'd be interested in seeing him again he'd had time to meet the woman he went on to marry.

__

so ...

hey Bob, had a nice time with you the other night. hope to see you when we're both back in town. I'll drop you a line in a couple of weeks. have a fantastic tour.

Betty

then send him a note in about 10 days

hey Bob. hope the tour's going well. looking forward to seeing you when you get back.

Betty

____

and

consider not having dates in your home til you know someone quite well

it's awkward for everyone
0 Replies