Why No Topic On The Journalist Murders?

engineer

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2015 05:23 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
It is interesting you consider him a left wing shooter when we know nothing about his politics. Nothing about his motive seems to be political either. I think you're projecting here.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2015 05:36 pm
@engineer,
I only consider him a "left-wing shooter" in the way that the Left considers every mass shooter to be a "right-wing shooter" In fact there is already more evidence to suggest he was a liberal than all the others were conservatives.

We know for a fact that he was reprimanded for wearing an Obama for President button while he was reporting from a polling place.

This doesn't make him a "left-wing shooter" but it makes him a liberal.

You all have seen the signs and indications that this guy was a liberal and that's why (I contend) you've been silent on this matter.

That he was a liberal is meaningless. He was a mentally deranged killer, but the same can be said about every other killer no matter what political bias people want to subscribe to them.

Hey, if you see no difference in the A2K response to this shooting and others, so be it. No matter what I say isn't going to get through to you.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2015 05:41 pm
The shooter in this event was by his own appearance, admission and actions:

Black
Gay
An Obama Supporter

The first two don't necessarily make him a liberal, but when combined with the third it cements it.

That he was a liberal has nothing to do with what he did, so stop making arguments around that.

That he was a liberal has everything to do with why his crime produced crickets in this forum
engineer

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2015 06:31 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Apparently the only reason you are commenting on this is because you think the shooter is a liberal.

Here are a few other mass shootings that did not get a mention on A2k including not by you.

Today: Salinas police: Estranged husband stalked and shot wife; killed 2 others
Also today: A man was killed and three others were wounded Wednesday morning in a shooting at a park in the East Garfield Park neighborhood
Two days ago: 1 man dead, 3 others wounded in New Orleans
Maybe you think this one from earlier this month was a liberal mass killer since he is black and all: Texas woman, among 8 killed, had texted mom for help

The reality is that there is a mass shooting just about every day in the US. Maybe this particular workplace killing just isn't all that special or unique. (Nah, vast liberal conspiracy!)
djjd62

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2015 07:23 pm
a lot of the other shootings that get mentioned are for the most part motiveless, beyond the suspect being a lunatic (Virginia Tech, Colorado, Sandy Hook)or have suspect motives (Zimmerman), while this guy was clearly mentally unstable, he had motive in being a disgruntled employee, there's little left to discuss apart from why he waited two years and why he didn't shoot one of his superiors who fired him

by the by, i only mentioned Zimmerman by name because i don't remember the names of the other shooters
oralloy

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2015 07:31 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:
by the by, i only mentioned Zimmerman by name because i don't remember the names of the other shooters

I don't think there is anything suspect about Mr. Zimmerman's motives. He simply did not wish to be murdered by that Trayvon Martin character.
djjd62

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2015 07:34 pm
@oralloy,
poe-tay-toe, puh-tah-toe, as they say

there was certainly more to discuss than in this most recent case
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2015 03:26 am
Getting shot
- at work
- at school
- at the movies
Isn’t something people in other developed countries worry about.
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/11891269_671165486317614_1036681546252576810_n.png?oh=34a61a01f405bb29b49b45c52423a177&oe=567F82DB
This isn't a mental health issue. It's a gun issue.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2015 11:36 am
Why no topic? Other than this one of course. Probably because it's same old same old. Mass shootings are as American as apple pie.

What's interesting though is the panic in the usual suspects because for once the perpetrator is black. I guess this is one set of murders Finn and his buddies in the NRA won't be celebrating.

And surprise surprise.

Quote:
US retailer Walmart has announced it will stop selling certain military-grade guns due to low sales.

That includes AR-15 rifles and other semiautomatic weapons, which were only being sold at a third of the 4,600 Walmart stores in the US.

A company spokesman said the decision to stop selling the guns "wasn't political."

Walmart shops carrying the guns will remove them before the store starts selling autumn merchandise.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-34077774

And all it took was a black guy to start shooting for once. Clearly more black men need to do a lot more shooting and then you might actually get some sane gun laws like we have.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2015 11:51 am
@engineer,
In part.

The difference between the shootings you cited and this one is that this one has been plastered over all of our TV screens for days. As I said, maybe things have changed, but it the past, at least, breaking news on national networks and cable got posts.

Again, I don't think that within the context of the crime, his being a liberal is fairly material. I suppose an argument might be floated than his immersion in the liberal sphere of identity politics and victim worship exacerbated his sense that he was always getting screwed, but even if it's true, I don't think the stage is set for scores of additional "liberal" killers in the future. First and foremost, he was deranged.

In fact, I'm not really interested in the crime with one exception: His use of social media both before and after the murders.

I never expected anyone who might consider themselves liberal to post anything like "You know you're right. I wanted to post something but then I heard about the Obama button and I didn't want to give my side a black eye"

It's not even necessarily a case of not wanting to comment on the story because the guy was a liberal. It could be that when the guy is perceived to be a conservative the story is too great a platform from which to launch a rant for A2K liberals to pass on. Remember how the Aurora shooter was, erroneously, reported by ABC news to be a Tea Party member?

In any case I can now see that you are all bored by these tales of murderous gunmen and innocent victims. I'm sure that as they continue to arise they won't be commented upon in this forum.
engineer

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2015 12:01 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

I never expected anyone who might consider themselves liberal to post anything like "You know you're right. I wanted to post something but then I heard about the Obama button and I didn't want to give my side a black eye"

You should consider the possibility that no one posted that because no one actually feels that way. Personally, I heard about the button from you (likely because I didn't care enough to research the guy).
Paaskynen

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2015 01:37 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I realised when I returned after along absence, that many of the original A2K members had passed and to me this has quite changed the experience.

I have not yet digested the news about this atrocity as I was still gestating the terrorist attack on the high-speed train in France.

What I can conclude, from what I have learnt on-line, is that this is another example of a heavily self-obsessed human being laying blame for his own failings with everyone but himself. This person clearly had a strong need to be the centre of attention and when he lost this only reason for his self esteem he sank into mental disease. It is typical that in the same message he blames one mass killer, while admiring others. I do not believe his act was retaliation for the racist shooting in Alabama; that is just a flag the murderer wraps himself in, What is real is that he planned his misdeed carefully and purely for motives of personal and likely misdirected vengeance. He described himself as a powder keg, but a powder keg does not buy weapons and does not select its victims, nor post video of its crime on-line, or send motivation documents to news outlets. This was one loser who wanted to steal the limelight and the media obliged.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2015 06:05 pm
@engineer,
I always consider all of the possibilities and then I conclude which is the most likely.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2015 10:25 am
@Paaskynen,
I think you are essentially correct.

He was a deranged miscreant, irrespective of his political inclinations. Frankly I don't care what happened in his past to bring him to the place where he found it right and correct to kill, at least two people. It's not as if anything can be done to prevent the creation of such miscreants.

In his manifesto (they all seem to write manifestos) he wrote that he wanted to start a race war. If so he didn't go about it very well. The shooter is Charleston selected a target that could only be explained by racism; he had no personal issues with any of the people or the church in which he carried out his slaughter.

Everything gets politicized, but some things are more ripe for politicization.

0 Replies