How can I stop being so addicted to my cell?

Mon 24 Aug, 2015 11:36 pm
Hello.

Lately, I've been so into my cell phone that I don't know how to stop Sad

I'm in the process of looking for a job right now but haven't had the greatest of luck.

My head understands that I need to stop fiddling with my phone and start reading or doing some studying or doing something else to keep me busy but for some reason, my hand reaches for the phone Sad

Do other people have the same issue? How can I stop??

I've stopped skyping daily with my friend so that's helped a bit but I still reach for the phone when I'm not preparing meals and not taking care of my pet.

hawkeye10

Mon 24 Aug, 2015 11:45 pm
@pennie ,
You put it in a different room for 10 minutes and dont go in that room. Next day you do 20. next day 30. You keep adding 30 minutes till you get to your goal, I suggest 6 hours. I know people who say 12.
continentalhospitals

Tue 25 Aug, 2015 12:49 am
@hawkeye10,
Please try to ignore the phone and stop chatting with friends some days.
pennie

Tue 25 Aug, 2015 01:44 am
@hawkeye10,
Thank you for responding, hawkeye10.

That sounds like a start. I'll try that when I'm home. Thanks. I'm so bad that I even take it to bed with me and use it in bed till I fall asleep.
pennie

Tue 25 Aug, 2015 01:46 am
@continentalhospitals,
Thank you for responding but I'm looking for ways to stop from doing that.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Tue 25 Aug, 2015 01:56 am
@pennie ,
pennie wrote:

Thank you for responding, hawkeye10.

That sounds like a start. I'll try that when I'm home. Thanks. I'm so bad that I even take it to bed with me and use it in bed till I fall asleep.

I recommend talking to the people who are most important to you first. Explain what you are doing and why, make sure they know that you still love them even if you dont get back to them right away. This way you can say to yourself " the people that I care most about understand, and everyone else can just wait". It will keep you from feeling guilty when you dont have your phone.
HesDeltanCaptain

Tue 25 Aug, 2015 05:36 am
@pennie ,
Get rid of it. Knowing myself as I do, I still have a very old desktop PC. If I could take it around with me, I'd be using it a lot more than I do having to go into my room and sit down at it.

If you keep what you're addicted to, and can't figure out why you're addicted to it or how not to be, get rid of it.

Human species got along real well before portable communications. You don't need it.
pennie

Tue 25 Aug, 2015 07:34 am
@hawkeye10,
Thanks a million Wink Yes, I'll try that. Appreciate it, hawkeye10.
0 Replies

pennie

Tue 25 Aug, 2015 07:37 am
@HesDeltanCaptain,
Thank you for taking the time out to respond Smile

Yes, I was actually thinking the same thing the other day. I still had my friends even when cell phones didn't exist. It seems like the more convenient things get, the more trouble that comes with it.

The only really good thing I'd need it for is probably in case of an emergency.
Butrflynet

Tue 25 Aug, 2015 12:46 pm
@pennie ,
Let the battery run down and don't recharge it until you have need to use it. You can then use the battery time to catch up on emails, voice mails and texts.
pennie

Fri 28 Aug, 2015 09:42 pm
@Butrflynet,
Thank you for the suggestion, Butrflynet Wink

I've been using my cell less and it sort of feels nice lol
chai2

Fri 28 Aug, 2015 10:53 pm
@pennie ,
Just curious penny, what is your age?
Ragman

Sat 29 Aug, 2015 02:41 am
@chai2,
In another post, the OP writes:
Quote:
I'm a woman in my thirties and I'm looking for a book to read.
0 Replies

hemant12

Tue 17 Nov, 2015 01:35 am
It's really a sickness that people are so addicted to phones that people ignore the people.
0 Replies

HaroldKRoy

Mon 28 Mar, 2016 11:44 pm
@pennie ,
While working keep it in another room, uninstall all apps and games you are addicted to. Its good for you. Keep your cell away from your hand's reach during sleep.
0 Replies

Wasseene37

Tue 29 Mar, 2016 05:52 am
@pennie ,
Don't carry your cell on your weekend getaways. That can help you relieve that attached feeling.
0 Replies

KevinBradley

Wed 30 Mar, 2016 06:24 am
@pennie ,
One of my cousin has the same issue what I do to help him is when he come over my house I make him not bring his mobile with him and then i find something for him to do so he will forget about his phone like watch a movie or play video games, or joining gym.
0 Replies

Bonnie98

Sat 25 Jun, 2016 03:38 am
Almost a common problem. Seems that you are talking about me.
When I had such a problem, I just left my phone at home and go for a walk or to visit my friend.
0 Replies