How much Longer before I have a mental breakdown

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2015 05:31 pm
None of the girls on POF or OKCUPID never want to meet me for one date and see where it leads on Sad They just stall around till they find someone better. I've been on those sites for 4 years now

roger

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2015 05:39 pm
@mikeh1995,
If it's this bad, change your approach - without being dishonest, of course.
mikeh1995

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2015 05:41 pm
@roger,
I was never dishonest till any of these girls
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2015 06:00 pm
@mikeh1995,
Online dating, much like the old newspaper personal ads, is dominated by men seeking women. Women have a lot of choices for someone to meet; men generally don't. It is a numbers game, and it favors het women as they tend to be rarer on these sites.

Do what any advertiser (for that's what you are, even if you don't notice that) does when one method is not working - try other methods. Go to places that you like and engage in activities that you like. E. g. if you are a churchgoer, go. If you enjoy hiking, go hiking, and join a club that does that. Like to read? Join a book club.

You might or might not meet single women within your age range at any of these places. But you WILL meet people who know and/or are related to single women within your preferred age range. Network! And see what happens.
mikeh1995

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2015 06:01 pm
@jespah,
what about the meetup.com site? Does that work?
jespah

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2015 06:03 pm
@mikeh1995,
Yes, you can meet people there, but they are not necessarily looking for romance. Try going to groups that specialize in what you like to do and not, specifically, on single people meeting each other.
0 Replies

HesDeltanCaptain

Reply Mon 24 Aug, 2015 08:07 am
@mikeh1995,
Try getting to know them online first. Why everyone's using online dating instead of getting together. If people sense you wanna get together too quickly, the assumption is you just want sex, and if you don't look like their idea of a nice lay you're in trouble.
0 Replies

HesDeltanCaptain

Reply Mon 24 Aug, 2015 08:10 am
@mikeh1995,
Every site is exactly the same and there's tons of crossover (people on 1 site are likely on many others.)

Vast majority of online dating users just want casual sex. If you're hoping to find spouses, they're not a good method. Tried and true referrals from friends, or meeting at mutual interest locales, heck even church works best.

I used to use them and had lots of casual hookups and sex. Trying to find people for good conversations? Not so much. Smile
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 24 Aug, 2015 08:28 am
@mikeh1995,
What do you do with your spare time now? do you participate in any sports? are you a member of any clubs?
mark014

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2015 05:19 am
@mikeh1995,
Go out and socialize a lot more instead of staying glued to these dating sites. They are full of deceits, lies and pretensions and a far cry from reality. When you go out and meet people in person, only then you meet the real person without any coverups unlike those in a dating site. You will surely find someone who, you can respect and adore at the same time.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2015 05:27 am
How much Longer before I have a mental breakdown

13 hours, 47 minutes, 10 seconds
0 Replies

mikeh1995

Reply Sat 5 Sep, 2015 09:01 am
@ehBeth,
I join meetup.com but most women on there aren't in my age group
0 Replies