Redheat wrote:
Well put in another madman of course!

Who is well?
0 Replies

Redheat

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 12:07 pm
cdcart wrote:
I do have some substance and thought...

Regarding the other story mentioned that was reported by the Sydney Morning Herald - Pooh really does stink!

Laughing Thanks for illustrating so well the depth of your "thought" Rolling Eyes and your obsession with the outkast song.

Quote:

I added what I added, you have deemed it to not be worthy of your "intellectual standards" and keep coming back with the same tired crap. I'll not keep pounding my head against a brick wall. Like all 6 year olds, eventually you just need to let them have their way.

These posting are supposed to be indicative of all you can offer intellectually?

pity
0 Replies

cdcart

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 12:11 pm
I'm trying Smile

I think we just have to wait until this particular story "ages" a bit to see how accurate it is. Considering our recent "intelligence" history, it would not be out of the question that Bush ever had knowledge of this... if it is even deemed worthy in the end. I just hate to see people get worked up over something that smells of partisan news.
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 12:12 pm
Shocked

Holy CRAP. No way can that be true. Just... WOW.

I'm holding my tongue until this develops further (The story, that is. Not the silly arguing).
0 Replies

Redheat

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 12:13 pm
cdcart wrote:
I'm trying Smile

I think we just have to wait until this particular story "ages" a bit to see how accurate it is. Considering our recent "intelligence" history, it would not be out of the question that Bush ever had knowledge of this... if it is even deemed worthy in the end. I just hate to see people get worked up over something that smells of partisan news.

Just like he didn't know Chalabi was a shyster? Please.
0 Replies

Karzak

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 12:14 pm
Redheat wrote:

Just like he didn't know Chalabi was a shyster? Please.

Bush only knew what the clinton CIA told him.
0 Replies

cdcart

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 12:16 pm
I think they used Chalabi for what they needed at the time... many governments have done that over the ages. I would like to think Bush did not know, just as I would like to think Clinton didn't know half the stuff we think he knew (what?) I would also like to think that all Pitbulls are sweet and perfect as infant caregivers...
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 12:31 pm
Maybe we should wait what the final outcome of this is. I do realize that I participated in it, but at the moment I'm getting a little bit tired of the ongoing conservative-liberal squirrel. But again, this is A2K, a forum, where we should discuss about all sorts of things, including these things, so just ignore me :wink:
0 Replies

Sagamore

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 12:37 pm
McGentrix-so far, you have contributed six posts to this thread. Five were utterly without substance, just sneering arrogance, devoid of thought. The other involved your experiences with people abducted by aliens. I suppose this proves you are a bona fide republican, but I can't, for the life of me, see what you have added to the discussion, other than giving the rest of us a reminder of the old Joan Baez song "There but for Fortune..."
0 Replies

Redheat

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 12:43 pm
There is a very big issue here.

Are we once again putting a dictator in place of a dictator? We have a long history of befriending dictators.

What do we know about this man? We know what kind of man Chalabi was and his information was what we went to war on. (not so much the CIA)

I recall when the prison scandel broke there was a lot of "oh it's just a few people" and we are still finding things out daily. The witnesses to that were ignored for almost a year.

It's not like we have a good record folks. Sorry but the benefit of the doubt goes with the people actually THERE.

If the story proves to be bogus that's a good thing but I think we need to start looking at these events with a little less rose coloring.
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 12:46 pm
Does anyone have a clear review of Allawi's past?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 12:46 pm
Sagamore wrote:
McGentrix-so far, you have contributed six posts to this thread. Five were utterly without substance, just sneering arrogance, devoid of thought. The other involved your experiences with people abducted by aliens. I suppose this proves you are a bona fide republican, but I can't, for the life of me, see what you have added to the discussion, other than giving the rest of us a reminder of the old Joan Baez song "There but for Fortune..."

When you get more than 13 posts under your belt, I may take your post under consideration.
0 Replies

Redheat

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 01:25 pm
Rick d'Israeli wrote:
Does anyone have a clear review of Allawi's past?

Quote:
Dr. Iyad Allawi (اياد علاوي) (born 1945) is the interim Prime Minister of Iraq.

A prominent Iraqi-British neurologist and Iraqi exile political activist, the Shia Muslim became a member of the Iraq Interim Governing Council, which was created following the 2003 invasion of Iraq. He became Iraq's first head of government since Saddam Hussein when the council dissolved on June 1, 2004 and named him Prime Minister. A former Ba'athist, Mr Allawi set up and leads the CIA-supported Iraqi National Accord which carried out bombings in Saddam Hussein's Iraq. In the run-up to the invasion of Iraq, the INA provided intelligence about alleged weapons of mass destruction to MI6.

Allawi has lived about half of his life in the UK and retains British citizenship

According to the memoirs of Talib Shabib, Iyad Allawi began his political life around 1963, as an assassin. Allawi was an active supporter of the Iraqi Ba'ath Party in its early days. In 1971 he moved to London in order to continue his medical education. Some have reported this as an exile, but some of Allawi's old counterparts have claimed that he continued to serve the Baath Party, and the Iraqi secret police, searching out enemies of the regime. However, he fell out of favor from the Baath party for undisclosed reasons in 1975[1] (http://www.newyorker.com/fact/content/?040628fa_fact).

While Allawi was living in Surrey in 1978, he was awoken in bed one night by an intruder who proceeded to attack the former Baathist assassin with an axe. The intruder left, convinced that Allawi was dead. He survived the attempted murder, and spent the next year in hospital recovering from his injuries. It is presumed that the attack was an assassination ordered by Iraq's then deputy president, Saddam Hussein.

Beginning in 2003, Allawi paid prominent Washington lobbyists and New York publicity agents more than $300,000 to give him access to Washington policy-makers and journalists. The funds passed through his ally in the UK, Mashal Nawab. Operating with the CIA, the INA unsuccessfully attempted to provoke a military coup in Iraq in 1996.

Allawi channelled the report from an Iraqi officer claiming that Iraq could deploy its supposed weapons of mass destruction within "45 minutes" to British Intelligence. [3] (http://politics.guardian.co.uk/kelly/story/0,13747,1131993,00.html) This claim featured prominently in the September Dossier which the British government released in 2002 to gain public support for the Iraq invasion. In the aftermath of the war, the "45 minute claim" was also at the heart of the confrontation between the British government and the BBC, and the death of David Kelly later examined by Lord Hutton. Giving evidence to the Hutton Inquiry, the head of MI6 Richard Dearlove suggested that the claim related to battlefield weapons rather than weapons of mass destruction.[4] (http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/09/16/1063625031302.html?from=storyrhs&oneclick=true) An Allawi spokesman admitted in January 2004 that the claim was a "crock of ****."[5] (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,1-1126480,00.html)

Source

Quote:
Allawi is expected to use the new government's most powerful position to be tough -- even ruthless -- with criminals and organizers of political violence. He'll also try to ......

Source

Quote:
According to Patrick Cockburn of The Independent of London, "[Allawi] is the person through whom the controversial claim was channelled that Iraqi weapons of mass destruction could be operational in 45 minutes". This lie, helped prepare the British citizens to support Tony Blair messianic war on Iraq. In January 2004 a New York spokesman for Allawi acknowledged this was in fact "a crock of ****." Almost sounds like the new Prime Minister has learned his skill of lying from his masters in London and Washington.

<snip>

Mr Allawi. Extensive PR campaign last year to built support in Washington rather than in Baghdad seemed to pay off. Danielle Pletka, a Middle East analyst at the American Enterprise Institute, a Washington think tank, said: "It was a bid for influence, and it was money well spent". "Allawi has always assumed, in many ways correctly, that he didn't need a constituency in Iraq as long as he had one in Washington", Pletka added.

<snip>

The CPA also ignores the violent activities of the four militias in Iraq, which have taken the law into their own hands: the peshmergas of the two Kurdish parties; the Badr brigade of the Supreme Council for Islamic Revolution in Iraq; Ahmed Chalabi's troops; and the ex-Ba'athist Mukhabarats under Iyad A[l]lawi's national accord. These militias are run by members of the IGC and no one can touch them. No high-ranking official of Saddam's regime has yet been prosecuted either, despite the wish of most Iraqis that they be bought to justice".

Source

Like Chalabi he was paid by the CIA (and like Saddam and OBL) and it would seem that he has lots of wealth and connections. Chalabi turned out to be such an outstanding character as did Saddam and OBL I'm sure he will be one as well. Very Happy
0 Replies

Redheat

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 01:26 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Sagamore wrote:

When you get more than 13 posts under your belt, I may take your post under consideration.

I don't you have over 4,000 and have said much less then they said in 13 Confused
0 Replies

Sagamore

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 01:31 pm
McGentrix-you are now 6 for 7 in non-substantive posts. 4000 like that is a piece of cake. You say nothing and contribute nothing X 4000.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 01:31 pm
Redheat wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
Sagamore wrote:

I don't you have over 4,000 and have said much less then they said in 13 Confused

I believe Cheney would have an appropriate response for you.
0 Replies

Sagamore

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 01:35 pm
Mcgentrix-Cheney might but apparently you are unable to post anything that has a thing to do with this thread. 4157 posts of lighter than air nothingness. Your mother must be proud.
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 01:47 pm
Thanks for the information Redheat.

Sagamore, McGentrix is a respected member of A2K. Although I do not agree with him most times, I must say he is willing to have a good debate (and sometimes does a very good job). So please, don't start with 'your mother must be proud', because like other members, McGentrix has contributed more than once very good posts to this forum (which does not make me a supporter of most of his ideas though).
0 Replies

Redheat

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 02:13 pm
Rick d'Israeli wrote:
Thanks for the information Redheat.

Sagamore, McGentrix is a respected member of A2K. Although I do not agree with him most times, I must say he is willing to have a good debate (and sometimes does a very good job). So please, don't start with 'your mother must be proud', because like other members, McGentrix has contributed more than once very good posts to this forum (which does not make me a supporter of most of his ideas though).

To each his own, I disagree

Case in point

Quote:
I believe Cheney would have an appropriate response for you
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 02:14 pm
Redheat, with your continuous barrage of ad hominem's, you are hardly in any place to be casting value judgements.
0 Replies