If gays marry, then the terrorists have won!

limbodog

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 02:33 pm
fuzzy math?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 02:33 pm
What does the divorce rate have to do with marriage? What does religion have to do with divorce?

These keep getting brought up as though they somehow show marriage to be weaker because of it.

As long as stupid people (and apparently America is not short supply of those) keep getting married, they will continue to get divorced and remarried. For some people, that is how they get through life, but that doesn't reflect on those marriages that are successful.

Read the article I posted above. I has some good information in it.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 02:39 pm
McG, Please define what "sanctity" of marriage means, and how gay marriage will destroy the concept of family? PLEASE.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 02:40 pm
Sorry mis read title

thought it said motorists
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 02:40 pm
Stupid quote thing wouldn't work......whatever....

Anyway....
Polyagmy is hurting no one. Exactly the point. What people do in their homes is THEIR business.

I don't personally agree with polygamy but then again, polygamists don't agree with monogamy. Oh wait, most of america doesn't agree with monogamy, at least according to statistics. :wink:
0 Replies

Redheat

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 02:42 pm
All I can say is that if Joe and Jim getting married in anyway effects your family and it's strength then maybe the fault lies with you and not them.

You think?

I think people need to get past the emotional knee jerk reactions and focus on the real issue. EQUALITY

If America is so weak that it would fall apart over something like two gay's getting married, if people will stop marrying and if they do it will mean nothing then we are doomed.

I've still not seen ONE valid reason given on how YOUR marriage will be effecet in any way. Or why it would be the fault of someone not even involved in your family as to your families well being. Are Americans so weak minded that once gay marriages happen they will all hate their families? stop getting married? that their marriage will cease to have meaning?

When you take vows do you think " I only mean this if no gay's get married"?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 02:43 pm
C.I., first explain to me why Alcohol is legal while Marijuana is not.
0 Replies

Redheat

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 02:44 pm
McGentrix wrote:

That's relevant how?

Actually pot was made illegal for business reasons along with hemp.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 02:46 pm
McG, The question is too difficult for you, it seems. That's to be expected.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Redheat wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

That's relevant how?

I'm sorry, was that post directed at you?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Redheat wrote:

When you take vows do you think " I only mean this if no gay's get married"?

Laughing ha ha ha ha ha...that's kinda funny.....I did when I got married...ok, just kidding but the thought is so absurd I had to laugh. This whole subject irks me.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 02:51 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Redheat wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

That's relevant how?

I'm sorry, was that post directed at you?

You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well I'm the only one here. Who do you think you're talking to? Oh yeah? Huh? Ok.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 02:52 pm
Redheat wrote:
All I can say is that if Joe and Jim getting married in anyway effects your family and it's strength then maybe the fault lies with you and not them.

Please leave Jim out of this.
McGentrix

cicerone imposter wrote:
McG, The question is too difficult for you, it seems. That's to be expected.

C.I., It's not difficult at all. It the will of the people. The majority of the people don't want homosexuals to be married. Therefore the government bends to the will of the masses.

On a more personal level, most people see marriage as a religious affair ( I believe it is a sacrament in catholicism) and as most religions in America do not condone homosexuality, they see homosexuality as a personal affront, they do not wish to see homosexuals being married. It really is that simple.

If the government decides that homosexual marriage is ok, they may be infringing on the rights of millions who do not believe it should be that way. That's why people like me are pushing for the civil union aspect instead of the marriage aspect. By doing so, we are not treading on any religious toes or forcing any religions to accept something they do not wish to.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Kristie, These republicans wouldn't understand what causes discrimination if it stared them in the face. That they have the gall to say gay marriage will destroy the family unit is frightening. It's like saying that if a dog and cat got married, it will destroy the human family unit. The only thing that destroys the human family unit are the members of the family. duh....
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 02:55 pm
Why do you keep suggesting this is a republican issue? How many democrats have come out in favor of gay marriage?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 03:00 pm
The only one pushing for an amendment to our constitution is George W Bush.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 03:01 pm
As a religious affair, it's been a total failure when 50 percent end up in divorce.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 03:05 pm
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 03:10 pm
squinney wrote:

So, does he want us to love our neighbors like we would like to love ourselves, or not??

Depends on the kind of lovin' your talking about. :wink:
0 Replies