I have a question. I think guys would probably answer this better but I'm open to whoever.

Reply Wed 19 Aug, 2015 05:13 pm
So my boyfriend moved and so we broke up. His friend said he told the friend how much he misses me. Friend has no reason to lie and I'm very positive he wasn't. I brought it up to ex and he denied it. Why would he lie about it??

maxdancona

Reply Wed 19 Aug, 2015 05:26 pm
@Save wolves,
People can have mixed feelings.

If he denies it to you, then that means that he has decided that you should not continue the relationship. There are often sad feelings at the end of a relationship even if you want the relationship to be over. It is completely understandable that he wouldn't want to discuss these feelings with his ex.

This relationship is over. You should move on, and let him move on.

0 Replies

HesDeltanCaptain

Reply Thu 20 Aug, 2015 07:08 am
@Save wolves,
If suddenly seperated by a significant distance, can be easier to just end things rather than have both of your pining away from each other. Could be easier for him to not have you 'out there somewhere' open to being with him again if that isn't possible or practical. And instead of confirming such a desire to you, pretend it's over and he's happier.

If I had to move and that would effectively end a good relationship, I'd rather go on with the impression things were over, than still going on but we can't be together any more. Sort of like wanting to burn down your hcildhood home when you move rather than anyone else ever living there. Or maybe that's just me. Smile
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Thu 20 Aug, 2015 07:12 am
@Save wolves,
He's probably embarrassed that his friend broke his confidence. He might also feel that you do not feel the same way and his missing you would make him an object of derision. IMO, you probably should have kept that piece of intelligence to yourself if you wanted to stay friends. I think he will likely tend to avoid you going forward.
0 Replies

Saxon

Reply Fri 21 Aug, 2015 07:24 am
@Save wolves,
After ten years apart I still miss my partner but I have moved on and know there can be no going back.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 21 Aug, 2015 05:20 pm
It's easy to say you miss someone when you are far away from that person.

Maybe he said it, but he's not going to act on it.

So, don't get your hopes up. Move on.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 21 Aug, 2015 05:26 pm
@Save wolves,
He can miss you or the relationship without having any interest in continuing the relationship.

You mentioning it might have worried him that you thought there was some kind of opening for you - best for him to say ''nope, don't miss you''.

Talking to a mutual friend about this was a mistake - and going back to your ex with that info was a bigger mistake.
0 Replies

mahendar

Reply Tue 25 Aug, 2015 04:11 am
@Save wolves,
may be he was in the same feel that you break your relationship and his heart and he was trying to heal from your past memories.may be these are the reasons for that.let him give some time or try to explain him how you are feeling.
0 Replies