Ending the affair When feelings still exist?

Kyleah

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2015 06:12 am
I started a new thread because I really could use the support and more advice on how to end this the right way. i still have feelings for this guy, should I, no. But, I do. My mind last night was in a tizzy thinking of him. How can I get him off my mind? This is not easy.

Leadfoot

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2015 06:39 am
@Kyleah,
If you are that fond of him, and you do not want to divorce your husband, tell both of them that you want them both.

The situation will resolve itself shortly.
In one of three ways.
Kyleah

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2015 06:55 am
@Leadfoot,
I'm planning on going through with the divorce. This will take a little time. And no, I am not telling H about this. If he finds out when separation and divorce happens fine. He knows I'm dating again, however, this man is still married and seriously I need to end it even though I really feel strongly for him.
Leadfoot

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2015 09:33 am
@Kyleah,
Why end it? You have no moral objections, you genuinely like the guy, you think he is not going to leave his wife so you wouldn't be 'a home wreaker' (IIRC) so what's the problem? If it's guilt about the sex, stop having it and just enjoy his company. Yeah, I know what society says about extramarital friendships with the opposit sex. Screw society.
Kyleah

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2015 12:07 pm
@Leadfoot,
Well actually I feel bad for his wife. She's a good person. My husband knows how bad things are between him and myself and that I wish to leave and plan too. I don't think his wife even has a clue that something is missing in their marriage clearly if he sought me out. I feel like number one, it's not giving him a chance to work out his home issues, and 2 it's sneaky on my part because I'm still legally married and I don't need a judge while going through a D to catch wind of it. Who knows what can be held against me? But, yes I'd like to remain his friend, however is that really possible now that the sexual stuff is out there?
vikorr

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2015 03:54 pm
@Kyleah,
Quote:
I don't think his wife even has a clue that something is missing in their marriage clearly if he sought me out.
Just a small correction - there doesn't have to be anything missing in a marriage for some guys to seek out affairs (for other men, there does have to be something missing).
Leadfoot

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2015 05:42 pm
@Kyleah,
If your husband knows the marriage is over but you both need time to work out the financial and other details, just get a legal separation agreement that allows you both to get on with your lives. I had to do that myself when my first marriage became untenable.

But for future happiness for all involved, you should all see that one person cannot be everything anyone needs. That's true even when you marry someone that you are very compatible with. i know that's a tough sell, but I'm convinced it's true.
Kyleah

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2015 06:58 pm
@vikorr,
You see and that's just it with him. They have been together since hs he told me they never fight and are basically friends. I'm like well to me gosh I'd love and cherish that. He even has sex with her. He mentioned wanting to be with someone new. And then also said that he's talked to her about their marriage and it's basically up in the air after his kid graduates. Well wtf? This makes no sense and I think he's feeding me a line. He wants a side dish for Excitement. He mentioned the fact that he's 44 twice now.. I'm thinking I'm his mid life cris cake. Well no thank you. Even though I like him lol.
0 Replies

Kyleah

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2015 07:00 pm
@Leadfoot,
Good points. And I'm fully aware another person is not meant to complete another person. Self love is everything.
Leadfoot

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2015 08:57 am
@Kyleah,
Well, maybe not everything, but yes, vitally important for happiness.
Kyleah

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2015 06:51 pm
@Leadfoot,
Ha. Well this could all very well have ended now. No response from email and now I'm upset and worried about him. Boy what a nightmare. Should never have excepted his number in the first place it's so upsetting.
0 Replies

mahendar

Reply Wed 19 Aug, 2015 12:41 am
@Kyleah,
If you really love him means you can't forget him after ending your relationship also.I think you are feeling the same better to talk to him try to get back your relationship.
Kyleah

Reply Wed 19 Aug, 2015 12:21 pm
@mahendar,
Lol. He's clearly ended it and now I'm hating him so yeah I don't think love really existed here. I enjoyed him but hey whatever.
0 Replies