A question for all you women out there

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2004 01:16 pm
confidence makes up for lots of physical flaws and is sexy as hell.

oh and a nice tight body doesn't hurt. (I'm a sucker for upper arms and shoulders. mmmm...) Very Happy
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2004 02:27 pm
I love a man with a green avatar. :-D
0 Replies

imdtckdkr

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2004 02:36 pm
There are so many things that you could say are attractive...I guess it's what is important to you.

For me it's important that the man I'm with is intelligent. I don't want to be bored, but at the same time he has to make me laugh. (That's a hard balance that a lot of guys can't find)

Also, the confidence in themselves is extremely important.

And they definately have to have a set of morals. If they don't then I'll never know how they are going to act from one situation to the other. If they don't have a set of principles to live by then they make up the rules as they go and that is not consistent.

They do have to have a little bit of a wild streak to them. I don't want to be bored in that area too!!! But not too much because then that get's intimidating!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2004 02:57 pm
Your first mistake was asking WOMEN what they want in a guy. While most guys don't know, certaintly most women don't know either, nevermind being able to voice exactly what the want.

Many women will say things like a guy who treats them right, hold doors, ect. Does this mean be a kiss-ass from day one? WRONG. How many times have you heard "nice guys finish last?" There's a reason for this. Of course, being a complete jerk isn't going to get you anywhere either. Women ultimately want to be treated right, which is obvious, but showering them with attention/gifts isn't how you attract them...which brings me to the next thing women want:

-Confidence. There's a difference between being a overbearing, leeching, annoying guy who shows up with flowers in his hand, and calls the girl constantly, driving her away(typical "nice guy"), and the guy who keeps the girl INTERESTED, while coming across confident and not being clingy. Why do you think the "bad boy" guy is the one that ends up with chicks? But, you don't have to transform yourself into something you're not, you just have to understand how certain personality traits draw women to guys.

What makes a girl interested? What else do women say they like? Confidence.....SENSE OF HUMOR.

You can't be boring with nothing to talk about other than interviewing the poor girl while hanging out. Women don't want to hear about your stupid job, neither do they probably want to talk about theirs. I take that back...women may want to hear about your job, but for a guy like me...no. Keep things light, have fun, TEASE her in ways that are funny, but may make her a little self-conscience(without plain making fun) and she'll think "am I good enough for this guy?" Don't worry about the whole romance stuff until you're already banging her....again....

This doesn't mean don't act like you're asexual. You've got to come across as a sexual person, which you are...but do it with confidence, and don't step over the line where you look like a scumbag. Look into her eyes when talking to her instead of down at your feet, smile, don't be afraid to be flirtatious.

What else do women say they like? Goal-oriented, educated, stable, ect? Ways of saying "money," without coming across pretentious. Does this mean you've got to be rich? NO. Women are drawn to security...it's hard wired in their brains, kind of like how men are drawn to physical attributes. Now what does a guy with these things, mixed in with confidence act like? James Bond-ish, Leonardo Dicaprio in "Catch me if you can." So you've got to make them feel good, like their with a guy who's got these things. If you come across like you've got a hold on your life, and you're in CONTROl of yourself, that's what's really important. If she really cares how much $$ you have in the bank, she's a douche anyway.

I could give so many examples in my life how've I went from a guy that couldn't get laid in a whore house with a fistful of hundreds, to dating multiple, attractive girls...by learning as I went along. There's so many little things you can do to ATTRACT a girl(which is the first step...it's up to you to take the next step...one night stands? long term girlfriend, ect).

Don't ask the women what they want anymore...you'll end up being "that guy" waiting for the girl to call you back with flowers in your hand. Do you have any female friends? You can even ask them things like "has a guy ever blown it with you from being overbearing at first?" They'll admit it.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2004 03:39 pm
Fine advice Slappy. You are right, the question was flawed from the start. Now, on to more important issues, I think your crazy relative broke free from the asylum and is posting strange rants. You might want to have a look:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=28918&highlight=
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2004 03:41 pm
Oh, one last piece of advice for our absentee poster of this thread....never trust a woman who orders dressing on the side.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2004 04:09 pm
I don't get it. What's wrong with ordering dressing on the side? I do it all the time. I never know if I'm gonna like their "excellent house dressing," and there's no sense in ruining a perfectly good salad if I don't.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2004 04:29 pm
"Dressing on the side" can have a double meaning Eva. Uh oh, I think I'm speaking in metaphor again. Wink

Let's break it down. There is no such thing as a good salad without a dressing. It's just rodent food otherwise. Eva's approach is very practical, and admirable.

Now, there are many women who use "dressing on the side" as a flimsy excuse for pretending they are on a diet. Why they think a real man would care is beyong my comprehension. The truth is, if one is attempting to watch calories, "dressing on the side" is worse than a "dressed" salad, due to the tendency to dip each leaf into the fat-laden product, rather than trust the chef to put a light coating on the leaves in question, with far fewer ill effects.

On a more obscure level, "dressing on the side" could indicate tendencies towards stripping, or hooking, by metaphor, or idiom. A real man wants a proper woman, so nuff said there.

Sometimes women like two dressings or more on the side, which looks like cross-dressing to me. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, if that floats your boat.

All in fun, of course. :wink:
0 Replies

SueZCue

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2004 04:38 pm
I took "dressing on the side" as a reference to the scene in "When Harry Met Sally" where Meg Ryan ordered "extra dressing on the side," and Billy Crystal told her that means she's high-maintenance.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2004 04:40 pm
Oh! Shocked Embarrassed Laughing
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2004 01:12 am
Re: A question for all you women out there
EMSFD125 wrote:
Ok im a young guy in college, an EMT and firefighter, hoping to go to med school and I have always had decent luck with women, i wouldnt consider myself desireable on any level but i was just curious for an honest answer from real people out there and not one from a magazine or tv show...what do woman find to be attractive or sexy in a man both physically and personality wise?

Physically, I like men who exude manliness... I don't particularly care what they look like(although my 2 xhs have brown eyes and very round heads and very nice muscular arms, my latest bf is tall, average sized w/fair hair and skin and wild bushy hair and icy blue eyes.)

Personality wise, I like an acerbic wit, droll humor, kindness in treating people. New bf has all that AND knows how to tie numerous knots! He teaches the unexplainable to college students in his 2nd language for a living, which has always seemed incredibly sexy to me! I also like the way he respects me for my mind, but loves my body...
0 Replies