A question for all you women out there

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 04:58 pm
Ok im a young guy in college, an EMT and firefighter, hoping to go to med school and I have always had decent luck with women, i wouldnt consider myself desireable on any level but i was just curious for an honest answer from real people out there and not one from a magazine or tv show...what do woman find to be attractive or sexy in a man both physically and personality wise?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,491 • Replies: 30
No top replies

littlek

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 06:52 pm
If we could answer that, definitively, the world would be a boring place.

Just be yourself. If you run into the right girl(s) things'll click.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 06:55 pm
I think, most women like a "take charge, kind man". Firemen "fill the bill" in these respects!
0 Replies

lucia

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 07:03 pm
Re: A question for all you women out there
EMSFD125 wrote:
Ok im a young guy in college, an EMT and firefighter, hoping to go to med school and I have always had decent luck with women, i wouldnt consider myself desireable on any level but i was just curious for an honest answer from real people out there and not one from a magazine or tv show...what do woman find to be attractive or sexy in a man both physically and personality wise?

Hi!
Easy.
1.- Women crave for a gentleman: open doors, pay the restaurant, pay the movies. He tells her she is beautiful, etc.

2.- Women love a clean man who dresses well and has a sense of humor.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 07:08 pm
For instance. The above 2 posts are what each of those women want from their men. Not at all what I want. So, there ya have it.
0 Replies

lilly456

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 07:19 pm
Well some of my friends like being treated like trophies, having guys fight for them and try to win them

Other friends of mine are very low maintenance kind-of-girls who like their independance and just want a guy that will be there to have funw ith them but wont completely smother them

They guy that i currently like is my current best, friend to me he is good looking, fit (which shows he takes care of himself) a gentleman that will take me out to dinner, and will say really nice things and that also has a sense of humour and someone that i feel comfortable around

One of the guys that i absoloutely despise is my ex flatmate. He is a looser, doesnt give a damn about anything, had to be told that his hair was awful and needed to be cut, never bought new clothes, his room was always messy, did some boring job changing back up tapes so he could do as little as possible...

The point i am trying to get at, is this guy doesnt care, puts no effort into himself or his life, and hence no girl finds him attractive or remotely interesting

If you take care of yourself, put some effort in, so there would be a reason why a girl should like you, polish your shoes and have good personal presentation, Having a decent job or education shows that you interested in the world and more of an interesting person. It just would show that you are doing something with yourself and no girl out there that i know of would want to be with a looser that just doesnt have anything going for him. But on the other hand, dont take yourself too seriously and have some fun and be yourself

Then whenever you are meant to meet the right person you will have something to offer her over every other guy out there...

and to me and my friends looks arent the most important thing, a guy's style and personality definately will win over looks.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 07:22 pm
I personally don't care whether your shoes are shined or not. I do care that you're a man and that you're a KIND man. After that, all's well that ends well!

I also don't like a ninny! I like a "take charge " man, who will be able to take care of things, no matter what things need to be taken care of.
0 Replies

lilly456

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 07:42 pm
But cleaning his shoes means if he pays attention to the small details and puts effort into smaller things like cleaning his shoes, its a signal that he would put effort into all areas of his life...

But hey, i pay attention to things like that. Other women may not
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 07:42 pm
Self-confident, accomplished, family-oriented, spiritual, kind, loyal and witty.

Someone who approaches life with a sense of adventure and a well-developed sense of humor, and is resilient enough to weather difficult times when they come.

Someone who knows how to treat people well...especially those closest to him.

Someone who is comfortable with himself.

(Of course...Tall, dark, handsome & rich wouldn't hurt, either!)
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 07:46 pm
What was that old line?....<LOL>

Q: What do women want?
A: A rugged poet with his own Lear jet.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 07:58 pm
Quote:
... what do woman find to be attractive or sexy in a man ...

A late-model Mercedes never hurts.
0 Replies

lilly456

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 08:04 pm
No No No

A Lotus Elise, just for me to drive!!
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2004 06:03 am
I think most, if not all firemen are clean and neat. That must come from living in the close quarters of the firehouse.

Anyway...just be clean, don't smell, SHAVE, be kind to everyone, have a good job, love me, make money,stay employed, shine your shoes ( if you want), be sure you have your hair cut, save money, have fun, get married, have a few kids, buy a house, water the lawn, buy a car, pay off the car and mortgage...etc.

Great life! I personally think that women, who get to marry firemen are real lucky...
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2004 06:04 am
By the way, you're an EMT, why not find a nice, slim, healthy and happy young nurse (RN )?
Who knows how to cook!! Razz
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2004 06:51 am
Every woman is different so you should get lots of answers. I nice butt always helps. Physically, I do not have a huge preference on hair, eye or skin color, it is more overall. I like some one physically fit, not huge muscle head, but some one in good shape overall and is relatively neat and clean looking. Not much of a fan of tattoos or tons of piercings, maybe one earring is o-k. As far as personality, some one confident, but not arrogant, must have a good sense of humor, loves kids and animals, is thoughtful and caring, loves to have fun and play, but can be serious when needed. Yes and as many already stated - a gentleman. Knows how to order and act in a better restaurant while can still enjoy a dive. Some one who enjoys sports, but is not obsessed with them.

By the way most women consider firemen very sexy. And an EMT has to be a caring person so you have a double bonus.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2004 06:53 am
Interesting ... I'm a Volunteer Firefighter (We've never lost an adjoining farm :wink: )/EMT/First Responder, and Mrs Timber is a healthy, happy RN who hates cooking ... which is fortunate, 'cause I hate her cooking. She sees to it what hair I have left is cut, but she (a neat freak) thinks I'm a junkyard looking for a place to happen. The kids are grown and gone, the mortgage was burned long ago, and all the vehicles are paid for. The lawn gets watered when it rains, right along with the fields, I specifically wear trail and work boots that Don't require shining, and I have a full, bushy beard (can't grow it on top, so ... :wink: ). I'm afraid neither of us qualify on the young or slim parameters, but we once did. The happy part is pretty much in hand, thoug ... 'cept for when I do somethin' that really pisses her off. Its often much easier to figure out I've done that than to figure out how I did it ... and that doesn't go down very well with her either. Mr. Green
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2004 09:42 am
Sexy and Attractive
What do I find sexy and attractive in a man?

I like a man with confidence--but I don't like a man who is so full of himself that he monopolizes every conversation by honking his own horn. A truly confident man doesn't need to brag.

I like a gentleman--a man who is considerate, a man who will open doors for me (and for other people), a man who doesn't swear. A man who can't engage in a conversation without including a swear word in every sentence is extremely unattractive.

I like a man who smiles. A happy man is sexy and a joy to spend time with. Someone else can have the complaining, moody, sullen man.
0 Replies

SueZCue

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2004 09:51 am
Seems like everyone is attracted to something different. When some of my friends comment on someone they find attractive, I think to myself "God, what would anyone see in him?"

Like any other facet of anyone's personality, this varies from person to person.

What's important to me in particular:

Gainfully employed
Educated
Does not live with parent(s)
No kids
Great sense of humor
Goal-oriented
Good relationship with his mother
Confidence
Outspoken, but not obnoxious
Enjoys big city night life
No substance abuse problems/criminal record
Taller than I am
Dresses well, but not overboard
Dark hair

Hey, that's my husband - who knew!
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2004 10:23 am
I've found it convenient if both partners fit into the same size jeans and sweatshirts.

Having been divorced for some time before meeting Mrs Timber, I had a few unsatisfactory encounters out there in date land. I finally figured I wasn't gonna get too involved unless I came across a lady possessed of her own mind, her own house, her own car, and and her own job. Mrs Timber qualified on all counts (including wardrobe compatability). Despite direst warnings and vigorous counter advisement, Mrs Timber ignored my family's concerns, and we've been happilly having at one another for many years now, though she acknowledges that many of the things she was cautioned about indeed are evident.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2004 01:08 pm
Linkat wrote:
Every woman is different so you should get lots of answers. I nice butt always helps. Physically, I do not have a huge preference on hair, eye or skin color, it is more overall. I like some one physically fit, not huge muscle head, but some one in good shape overall and is relatively neat and clean looking. Not much of a fan of tattoos or tons of piercings, maybe one earring is o-k. As far as personality, some one confident, but not arrogant, must have a good sense of humor, loves kids and animals, is thoughtful and caring, loves to have fun and play, but can be serious when needed. Yes and as many already stated – a gentleman. Knows how to order and act in a better restaurant while can still enjoy a dive. Some one who enjoys sports, but is not obsessed with them.

By the way most women consider firemen very sexy. And an EMT has to be a caring person so you have a double bonus.

Some women think firemen are sexy, because they have such long hoses. Shocked
0 Replies