Stuck in an abusive relationship

chai2

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2015 03:50 pm
He tells me he loves me, but asks me to do things all the time to prove my love to him. He tests me all the time and I don't know why. It's not like he's not busy enough that he should waste his time over every little thing. However, I'm not allowed to question him, and if I even think about it he tells me I'm going to be punished severely.

He gives me a lot of conflicting messages, and wants me to belive some really ridiculous things. Plus, he has a lot of friends who are always telling me I'm wrong and should act more like them. The thing is,
they aren't very nice much of the time. They feel like they can just tell everyone what's wrong with them and how they should act.

I'm really scared to leave him, because he says if I do, I'll be sorry forever. I've seen what he's done to others, and can't risk his anger.

Help! What should I do?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 909 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Tes yeux noirs

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2015 03:54 pm
Leave. Now.
chai2

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2015 04:01 pm
@Tes yeux noirs,
I can't.

He knows so many people. No matter where I go, he'll know where I am. He's pretty important in the community, and has quite of lot of pull with important people. He'll just know.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2015 05:56 pm
I love the tag "possible parody" Laughing

Sorry, I thought it was really obvious I was talking about God.
roger

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2015 06:37 pm
@chai2,
That's a darn good thing. This crowd doesn't want to hear any trash talking about Wally.
chai2

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2015 07:30 pm
@roger,
It had occured to me that if a person where to describe their relationship with the almighty in terms that aren't supernatural, the response would be exactly as given....Leave. Now.

Good stuff happens, it's because of God. Bad stuff happens, it's our fault.
FBM

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2015 07:34 pm
@chai2,
I caught the parody in the OP on first reading. Well done. Smile
chai2

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2015 09:43 pm
@FBM,
A few years ago I was doing some readings on cults.

In part, it described how these young women would seek each other out, cutting off all communication with their families, indeed, sometimes never seeing their own father or mother again. They were required to sacrifice all their worldly goods to the leaders, who had amassed great wealth. They had to work hard, be up early and get woken up in the middle of the night to praise and sacrifice to their chosen diety. Indeed, all of these women in fact marry this diety. They vow to live a life of poverty and obedience. Most of the humans they answer to are men of greater power. You will willingly die for this diety if he asks.

Well, you see where I'm going with this.

You would think the family of these young women would be planning the removal and deprogramming of their daughters, but no, they willingly give them up.

Congratulations, your daughter/sister/aunt/cousin has become a nun.
FBM

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2015 09:49 pm
@chai2,
Well, I gotta admit that I didn't see that last bit coming this time. But it makes perfect sense, eh?
0 Replies

HesDeltanCaptain

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2015 05:08 am
@chai2,
You already know what you should do.
0 Replies