Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2015 09:03 pm
If 2 people have been dating but not in a committed relationship for about 4 months and one person decides to go on a date with a guy and not tell the other person that they went on a date, is this considered cheating?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,478 • Replies: 12
No top replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2015 09:09 pm
@pupplyloving,
I wouldn't consider it cheating, but I would wonder why there is a need to date someone else.
pupplyloving

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2015 09:15 pm
@CalamityJane,
thank you for the reply! It was a complicated situation but with all of the fights and disagreements we were having I thought it would be a good idea to reevaluate what I thought I had with this person and go on a date with someone new.
CalamityJane

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2015 09:19 pm
@pupplyloving,
Have you come to an conclusion after the date?
pupplyloving

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2015 09:26 pm
@CalamityJane,
I realized that my feelings were strong for the person I had been dating for 4 months shortly after the date. He found out that I had gone on a date and accused me of being a cheater but I completely disagree with him and now he doesn't want to date me anymore.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2015 09:27 pm
@pupplyloving,
If it isn't a committed relationship, why not tell the other person that you're dating other people at the same time?
CalamityJane

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2015 09:30 pm
@pupplyloving,
Well, he probably had a different perception of your relationship and that's the risk you take when you date more than one person. It's his prerogative to not accept it and move on.
pupplyloving

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2015 09:34 pm
@ehBeth,
I was fearful of losing him but at the same time I needed to know whether what him and I had was strong and I thought that by going on a date with someone new it would help me figure out how much I actually liked him and if all of the arguments were with sticking around.
0 Replies

pupplyloving

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2015 09:35 pm
@CalamityJane,
Yes, that is exactly what I tried explaining to him but he doesn't seem to understand or want to listen to my opinion at all
ehBeth

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2015 09:35 pm
@pupplyloving,
pupplyloving wrote:
He found out that I had gone on a date

being honest about the date in advance might have prevented the upset caused by this ^^^

the next time you start dating someone, make sure you're both in the same place about whether you're both cool with dating other people
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2015 09:37 pm
@pupplyloving,
It's his right not to agree.

You've learned a lesson about communicating in relationships.
pupplyloving

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2015 09:47 pm
@ehBeth,
back to the question though, would you consider any of that cheating?
CalamityJane

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2015 10:45 pm
@pupplyloving,
No, but you betrayed him.
0 Replies