Sanders Being Harassed by blacklivesmatter#

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2015 12:22 am
@snood,
I didn't have the heart to point out to him the jerks who carried firearms including AR's and AK's to the President's events in '12 or to point out the Tea Party busted up more town halls than BLM has even considered demonstrating at.

There's at least video from fifty or so Tea Party shut downs of Democratic legislators trying to talk to their constituents about the ACA. Hell, there were Teabilly shits trying to shout down the President speaking Congress and the nation.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2015 08:05 am
Hopefully this is the start of a long and rewarding relationship, and not a Summer fling.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/08/bernie-sanders-meet-with-black-voters-in-south-carolina-we-are-going-to-end-institutional-racism/

Sanders’ campaign staff met with the Charleston chapter of activist group Black Lives Matter on Friday night, said local activist Muhiyidin D’Baha who attended Saturday night’s speech. “They’ve been really good in receiving critique. We’re really hoping that we have impacted his message.”
0 Replies

korkamann

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2015 10:51 am
@bobsal u1553115,
I have always thought Trump had a negative attitude towards women, but no idea he was as bad as your quotes by him. He is horrible! If he wasn't so old I'm sure he would soon tire of now trophy wife for another.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2015 01:20 pm
@korkamann,
You never know. The dirty old man.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 24 Aug, 2015 10:54 am
@revelette2,
Quote:
The people who are involved in blacklivesmatter are not going to take money to go after a candidate. They really care about this issue.

They do not care when in major cities young black men bodies are being pile up by the hundreds if not thousands by other young black men.

Their lives only matter when it a white cop killing a black male no matter what the situation happen to be that surround the killing.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 24 Aug, 2015 10:49 pm
@BillRM,
Two things:

Quote:
They do not care when in major cities young black men bodies are being pile up by the hundreds

And neither do you.

Quote:
hundreds if not thousands

Well which is it? Hundreds or thousands? If you really cared you'd look it up. But you don't care. It just makes for more "drama" in your empty statement.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 25 Aug, 2015 07:39 am
Sanders quickly makes changes when challenged b y BLM. Clinton wags her finger. Who's out of step?
When confronted by BLM, Sanders very quickly responded by expanding his message and making otehr adjustments in his campaign to address concerns they raised. He didn't "correct" or lecture them. One reason he was able to respond like that is because HIS basic agenda has included their agenda for years.

But he's tarred as racially insensitive and a typical "arrogant white progressive" either overtly or by inference. And jeezem, those awful supporters of his, when they get mad about that....

When confronted (much more politely) by BLM, Clinton wagged her finger in their face an gave them a scolding, and "friendly advice."

And yet, crickets.

Makes me scratch my head
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 25 Aug, 2015 11:35 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
If you really cared you'd look it up. But you don't care. It just makes for more "drama" in your empty statement.

I did look the CDC figures up so I know that the leading cause of death of young black males happen to be homicide and that fact apply to no other group in US society.

For all other groups that are tracked by the CDC it is at the most number three reason for death behind accidents and diseases.

More then enough facts to promote drama!!!!!!!!!

But like most people like you, and that include the black lives matter members the massive killing of black men by the hands of other black men does not matter at all.
BillRM

Reply Tue 25 Aug, 2015 12:06 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 25 Aug, 2015 12:13 pm
@BillRM,
All those words and you still didn't answer the question: 100's, 1,000's, 1,000,000's- which the heck is it?

Toss a coin at least.
BillRM

Reply Tue 25 Aug, 2015 03:30 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
When the leading cause of deaths of young black men is by the hands of other young black men not the police or the KKK in the USA why do you wish numbers for any given time and city?

But ok my silly friend if you are a young black male in the city of Chicago then in half a year of 2012 you are looking at 201 killings.

But of course once more black lives do not matter when it other blacks are doing the killings.

Quote:

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-07-12/news/ct-met-chicago-homicide-demographics-20120712_1_homicide-victims-homicide-numbers-police-data

Violent crime has long afflicted minorities in Chicago at a much higher rate than the rest of the population, and the spike in homicides in the first half of this year provides an especially stark measure: 201 of the 259 homicide victims were African-American.

While blacks make up about 33 percent of the city's population, they accounted for nearly 78 percent of the homicide victims through the first six months of 2012.

By comparison, just 11 homicide victims in the first six months of the year were white, and 44 were Hispanic, according to police data.

The pattern is a familiar one in Chicago, where most violent crime happens in impoverished, mostly black neighborhoods on the South and West sides. Annual Chicago police statistics show a majority of both homicide victims and offenders are young black men with criminal records. With one exception, African-Americans have made up more than 70 percent of homicide victims in Chicago every year for the last two decades.

The Tribune reported Monday that 143 of the homicide victims in the first half of the year were listed as being at least affiliated with a street gang. The data obtained by the paper represent the Police Department's preliminary assessment of crimes and are subject to revision as investigations progress.

A deeper review of the numbers shows males ages 15 to 35 made up nearly three-quarters of African-American homicide victims. Police data showed that 133 of those 145 victims had arrest histories.

Of the 44 Hispanic victims, 27 were males ages 15 to 35 and had arrest histories, according to the data. Three of the 11 white victims were males in that age range with arrest histories.

As stress escalates in neighborhoods that are as dangerous as foreign war zones, African-American political leaders are expressing frustration with the policing strategies of police Superintendent Garry McCarthy and Mayor Rahm Emanuel as well as the systemic problems in their communities.

Ald. Willie Cochran, a former police sergeant who represents the South Side's 20th Ward, said it's a struggle to guide young black men in his community onto a positive path. He touted vocational and education programs at nearby Kennedy King College but said young men on the street frequently tell him they can't take part in the programs he's promoting because they would have to traverse rival gang territory to do so.

"I can't put a program on every block," Cochran said, adding he challenges the men: "'You all have to get some kind of truce that will enable you to get some training and get you prepared to get yourself out of the situation you've gotten into.'"

When Emanuel was running for mayor, violent crime was reaching lows not seen in decades, but the candidate made safety conditions in the city's poorest neighborhoods a centerpiece of his campaign.

After his February 2011 election, he wrote in a transition paper: "Far too many Chicagoans still live in homes, neighborhoods, and communities where fear and violence persist. Despite progress in recent years, violence in Chicago, and gun violence in particular, exacts an enormous toll and exacerbates almost every other problem the city faces. As a city, we can and will do better."

Instead, the city has done much worse.

Through the first six months of the year, homicides were up by nearly 38 percent over last year.

Blacks made up 140 of the 188 victims in the first six months of 2011, according to police data.

Proportionally, there have been fewer children and young adults killed this year compared with last year, according to the data. In the first six months of this year, 45 homicide victims were between infancy and 19 years old, compared with 41 victims in that age range last year. At the other end of the age range, just a quarter of homicide victims were older than 40.

In communities where the cycle of violent crime — disputes, violence and retaliation — has become the norm, young people who have seen too much death develop hardened attitudes about violence startlingly early, Cochran said. After the gang-related killing of 13-year-old Tyquan Tyler last month, Cochran said he met with some of the boy's friends and came away unsettled.

"The most troubling thing I saw recently on the street was friends of the 13-year-old boy who was killed," he said. "Their exposure to this violence — and they are engagers of the violence — and their buy-in to have this prolonged."

Tribune reporter Joe Germuska contributed.

[email protected]

MORE:

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 25 Aug, 2015 05:35 pm
@BillRM,
Hundreds or thousands, source. Still can make a simple declarative sentence, can you?
BillRM

Reply Tue 25 Aug, 2015 10:08 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Let me see in the city of Chicago there is now roughly every year four hundreds to five hundreds dead young black men at the hands of other young black men.

Once more no one seems to give a **** and black lives does not indeed matter when it come to killings by other black men.

Hell children who are killed in the cross fired also seems not to matter.

http://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/2014-chicago-murders
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2015 06:32 am
@BillRM,
Hundreds or thousands: which is it? Source?
BillRM

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2015 08:24 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
Hundreds or thousands: which is it? Source?

Lord you like to play silly and pointless games as I gave you some figures for the city of Chicago alone and it average around a half a thousands deaths a year.

For the whole country it is thousands a year that no one give a **** about.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2015 08:39 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Quote:
hundreds if not thousands

Well which is it? Hundreds or thousands?

are you honestly not familiar with the idiom?

0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2015 07:18 am
@BillRM,
Hundreds or thousands: which is it?
BillRM

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2015 11:19 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
Hundreds or thousands: which is it?

In my opinion you sadly are either brain dead or a troll or some strange combination of both and I should not have taken you off ignore to read your last postings on this thread.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2016 01:37 pm
I reported it.
0 Replies