How does the Bible show that the dead are conscious of nothing?

Jasper10

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2021 01:26 pm
@Jasper10,
The Christian scriptures state that Jesus was sinless as in he kept the Ten Commandments perfectly.

It does not state that he kept them imperfectly.
The Anointed

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2021 10:53 pm
@Jasper10,
Quote:
The Christian scriptures state that Jesus was sinless as in he kept the Ten Commandments perfectly.

In his life on earth Jesus made his prayers and requests with loud cries and tears to God, who could save him from death. Because he was humble and devoted, God heard him. But even though he was 'A' Son of God, he learnt through his sufferings to be obedient. 'When he was made perfect', he became the source of eternal salvation for all those who obey him, and God declared him to be high priest, in the priestly order of Melchizedek.

When you have been brought to perfection through the sufferings you must endure, and have learned to be obedient to the Spirit, you too will be sinless.

But you will never become sinless like Jesus, if you try to be made perfect by obeying that black and white letter of the law, which can only bring death. It is in obedience to the spirit of the law that saves you, the Lord knows everything that you do, if the reason why you have done something is evil, you are condemned as a sinner. If the reason was good, you are declared righteous.

You watch a young lad run down the street and hide in the bushes in front of your house, then there appears a mob of hoons with baseball bats in their hands demanding to know where he went.

If out of fear of breaking the written law by lying to them, and loosing your soul, you reveal the lads hiding place and he is then bashed to within an inch of his Life, will your act be seen by the Lord to be evil or righteous.

But if you had lied to the mob and told them that the lad had continued running and turned the corner up ahead, and in so doing saved the young lad from a terrible beating and months in hospital, would not the Lord judge your action as being righteous, even though you broke the written law that said; "Thou shalt not lie?'

John 16: 8; And when he (The Spirit) comes, he will prove to the people of the world that they are wrong about sin and about what is right and about God's judgement.

Wake up to yourself mate, and try to put a little more time into studying the scriptures.
Jasper10

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2021 11:37 pm
@The Anointed,
Let’s be clear when it comes to the Christian rules (the Ten Commandments) the bible says that Jesus kept them perfectly…. not imperfectly.

Please explain therefore the imperfection of Jesus that you speak of in more detail so all are clear.My understanding is that he only needed to break one of the commandments just once for his perfect keeping them to become an imperfect keeping of them and in that respect he was tempted I agree…however the bible states he kept the commandments perfectly even during that temptation….so he passed the test…at no time did imperfection come into the equation as you seem to be implying.

I totally understand that it is impossible for us to keep the Ten Commandments.As I understand things they were given to prove the exacting standards of the Christian God and therefore reveal to the individual the hopelessness of the situation that they are in….God only ever allowing perfection i.e. a perfect keeping of the Ten Commandments into his presence.

My understanding of the Christian scriptures is that an individual should try to live their lives by the Ten Commandments however.

In summary, when it comes to the Ten Commandments you/ I and everyone else are a 0 (imperfection) and Jesus is a 1 (perfection) my friend …wake up.

The Anointed

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2021 01:20 am
@Jasper10,
Quote:
Let’s be clear when it comes to the Christian rules (the Ten Commandments) the bible says that Jesus Kept them perfectly not imperfectly,

Please reveal where the scriptures state that Jesus kept the ten commandments perfectly, and don’t try your usual stunt of taken scripture out of the context in which it was written?

I am assuming that you know what the third commandment is; “Remember to keep holy the LORD’S Day.” And I will assume that you know that the Sabbath is the Day of the Lord, and that the Sabbath is the seventh Day. So, what constitutes a ‘DAY’? A day is a period of time, ie, Back in grand dads day, etc.

The book of Jubilees 4: 30; And he (Adam) lacked seventy years of one thousand years; for one thousand years are as ‘ONE DAY’ in the testimony of the heavens and therefore was it written concerning the tree of knowledge: ’On the day that ye eat thereof ye shall die.’ For this reason he did not complete the years of ‘THIS DAY’; for he died during it.

Christ shall rule the whole earth for a Thousand years, Act 17: 31; For He (The Lord) has fixed ‘A DAY’ in which he shall judge the whole world with justice by means of a ‘MAN he has ‘CHOSEN’. He has given proof of this to everyone by raising that ‘MAN’ from death.

The seventh day, from the day in which Adam died at the age of 930, is the Day of the Lord, the thousand year rule of Christ by means of the ‘MAN’ Jesus.

Colossians 2: 16; So, let no one make rules about what you eat or drink or about holy days or the New Moon Festival or the Sabbath. All such things are only a shadow of things in the future.

The weekly Sabbath was only a shadow of the coming reality, which is the one thousand years ‘DAY of the Lord’, the GREAT SABBATH, which is to be kept holy.

Does that now mean, that if anyone who works on the weekly Sabbath thereby breaking the third commandment, are sinners?

I tell you now that you can lie
There is a time to steal
There is a time to disobey
There is a time to kill
There is a work that must be done
Upon the Sabbath day
No one who understands the Lord
Will teach another way
For the Lord God judges not on what you do
The heart and soul of man he searches through
It’s the reason why the deeds of man are done
This is what the Lord God judges on
So, spread your wings and fly or can’t you see
That the blood of Christ who died, has set you free.
Jasper10

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2021 03:23 am
@The Anointed,
Matthew 5:17-20 states that Jesus fulfilled the law.Please explain Jesus’s imperfection therefore….and try not to twist the scripture to suit yourself.
The Anointed

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2021 04:29 am
@Jasper10,
Quote:
Matthew 5:17-20 states that Jesus fulfilled the law.

FULFILLED ...... carry out · accomplish · achieve · execute · perform · discharge · implement · effect · effectuate · conduct · complete · bring to completion · finish · conclude.

Jesus fulfilled the law by bringing it to its completion.

After Jesus had learned through his sufferings to be obedient to his indwelling spirit and not to the black and white written letter of the law, which would have been the death of him, then and only then was he brought to perfection.

Now run away like a good boy and annoy someone else with your rubbish.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2021 04:34 am
@The Anointed,
The Anointed wrote:

FULFILLED ...... carry out · accomplish · achieve · execute · perform · discharge · implement · effect · effectuate · conduct · complete · bring to completion · finish · conclude.

Jesus fulfilled the law by bringing it to its completion.

Yeah, sure he did.

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the law and the prophets. I have come, not abolish them, but to fulfill them. Of this much I assure you: UNTIL HEAVEN AND EARTH PASS AWAY, NOT THE SMALLEST LETTER OF THE LAW, NOT THE SMALLEST PART OF A LETTER, SHALL BE DONE AWAY WITH UNTIL IT ALL COME TRUE."

Matthew 5: 17ff

So...you are telling us that "Heaven and Earth" have passed away?

Wake up!
The Anointed

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2021 05:07 am
@Frank Apisa,
The Torah, or Jewish Written Law, consists of the five books of the Hebrew Bible, which includes all the prophesies of the Lord through his chosen ones and UNTIL HEAVEN AND EARTH PASS AWAY, NOT THE SMALLEST LETTER OF THE LAW, NOT THE SMALLEST PART OF A LETTER, SHALL BE DONE AWAY WITH UNTIL IT 'ALL COME TRUE.'"

If you believe that Jesus was saying; “until heaven and earth pass away, not a letter of the ‘TEN COMMANDMENTS’ Shall be done away with until it (THE TEN COMMANDMENTS) has all come true.” Then you are a fool.

How can the 10 commandments come true, Jesus was talking about the Jewish Law, which was the Jewish Torah, and not the smallest letter of ‘THAT 'LAW' shall pass away until all the prophesies of the Lord, have all come true.

Although i bet ten dollars to a pinch of salt that you have never read the entire bible which in your total ignorance to it , You condemn.

You are like a pre-schooler saying, "Einstein's theory of Relativity, is a load of crap."

Good heavens old mate, you're not really up to comprehending that which you read, are you?
Jasper10

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2021 05:08 am
@The Anointed,
You are very confused and lost in your own mis-understandings my friend.
The Anointed

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2021 05:18 am
@Jasper10,
Yea! like I said mate, go and find someone of your low intelligence to annoy. or go and study the scriptures for some ten years or so, then come back, but until then Good Night.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2021 05:19 am
@The Anointed,
The Anointed wrote:

The Torah, or Jewish Written Law, consists of the five books of the Hebrew Bible, which includes all the prophesies of the Lord through his chosen ones and UNTIL HEAVEN AND EARTH PASS AWAY, NOT THE SMALLEST LETTER OF THE LAW, NOT THE SMALLEST PART OF A LETTER, SHALL BE DONE AWAY WITH UNTIL IT 'ALL COME TRUE.'"

If you believe that Jesus was saying; “until heaven and earth pass away, not a letter of the ‘TEN COMMANDMENTS’ Shall be done away with until it (THE TEN COMMANDMENTS) has all come true.” Then you are a fool.

How can the 10 commandments come true, Jesus was talking about the Jewish Law, which was the Jewish Torah, and not the smallest letter of ‘THAT’ 'LAW' shall pass away until all the prophesies of the Lord, have all come true.

Good heavens old mate, you're not really up to comprehending that which you read, are you?

What Jesus said, according to that "scripture" of yours, is, ""Do not think that I have come to abolish the law and the prophets. I have come, not abolish them, but to fulfill them."

"The Law", which most people with even a tiny knowledge of the Bible know, IS MORE THAN JUST THE TEN COMMANDMENTS. "The Law" is also all that other stuff contained in (mostly) Leviticus and Deuteronomy.

Anyone who wants to pretend otherwise...who wants to pretend it only applies to the Ten Commandments...is, in effect, calling Jesus a liar.

I have no problem with you calling Jesus a liar. I am sure just about everyone who has ever lived, including that Jesus person, has told a lie once in a while.

Astonished to see you calling Jesus a liar, though.

Really.

Very astonished.
The Anointed

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2021 05:51 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
What Jesus said, according to that "scripture" of yours, is, ""Do not think that I have come to abolish the law and the prophets. I have come, not abolish them, but to fulfill them."

Correct! Jesus did not come to abolish the law and the words of the Lord through his prophets. He came, not abolish them, but to fulfill them.

Zechariah 14: The Lord will gather all the nations together to make war on Jerusalem. The city will be taken, the houses Looted, and the women raped. Half the people will go into exile, but the rest of them will not be taken away from the city. Then the Lord will go out and fight against those nations, as he has fought in times Past. (This has not yet happened)

Numbers 24: 17, "A king, like a bright star, will arise in that Nation. Like a comet he will come from Israel. He will strike the leaders of Moab and beat down all the people of Seth. He will conquer his enemies in Edom and make their land his property. While Israel continues victorious. The Nation of Israel will trample them down and wipe out the last survivors."

Isaiah 63: 1-6, "Who is this coming from the city of Bozrah in Edom? Who is this so splendidly dressed in red, marching along in power and strength?" It is the Lord, powerful to save, coming to announce his victory. "Why is his clothing so red, like that of a man who tramples grapes to make wine?" . . . . . The Lord answers, "I have trampled the nations like grapes and no one came to help me. I trampled them in my anger, and their blood has stained all my clothing. I DECIDED THAT THE TIME TO SAVE MY PEOPLE HAD COME; it was time to punish their enemies.

I was amazed when I looked and saw that there was no one to help me. But my anger made me strong, and I won the victory myself. In my anger I trampled whole nations and shattered them, I poured out their life’s blood on the earth."

See Zechariah 14. The Lord will come to fight for his people Israel as he has fought in times past and from within the inner most sanctuary of his tabernacle (The kingdom of God is within you) which temporary tabernacle is the body of mankind, he will fight the enemies of Israel; those Nations who surround Jerusalem in their attempt to drive God's chosen people into the sea.

The African tectonic plate in its northern migration, grinds against the Arabian plate in a line that runs up through the Red Sea and along the Jordon valley beneath the Mount of Olives.

Zechariah 14: 3-4; Then the Lord will go out and fight for his people as he has fought in times past. At that time, he will stand on the Mount of Olives, to the east of Jerusalem. Then the Mount of Olives will be split in two, from east to west by a large valley. Half of the mountain (On the African plate) will move to the northwest, and half of it (On the Arabian plate) will move to the southeast.

Could the violent activity around the earth at this time, be the trigger that will cause the super volcano beneath Yellow Stone to erupt, enveloping the planet in a cloud of debris? And that day shall be neither day nor night, but a perpetual twilight.

Zechariah 14: 13; Then the Lord will throw those nations that surround Jerusalem, into a state of total confusion, and the weapons of destruction with which they would destroy Israel, he will cause them to turn upon their own allies and they shall suffer a terrible disease, the soft tissue such as their eyes and tongues will melt in their sockets, and their radiated flesh, cooked to the bone, will slide from their bodies while still standing. Then all the surviving Nations will send their representatives each year to Jerusalem in the land of Israel, to worship and pay tribute to the Lord who will rule the whole world with justice for a thousand years, and woe betide those who refuse to do so.

Then all the godless people of this world, and all those, who in their Synagogues, Mosques, and Cathedrals of stone, marble, or crystal, who prostate themselves on the floors or who sing and dance with their eyes and hands raised to the heavens in worship of a god they neither know or understand, will bow down and worship THE God of the Bible, the Most High in the creation, ‘The Son of Man’ who evolves from the body of mankind.

Only when he has completed all this, will the Law be fulfilled.

9 And behold! He cometh with ten thousands of His holy ones
To execute judgement upon all, And to destroy all the ungodly: And to convict all flesh Of all the works of their ungodliness which they have ungodly committed, And of all the hard things which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him.

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2021 06:10 am
@The Anointed,
The Anointed wrote:

Quote:

Correct! Jesus did not come to abolish the law and the words of the Lord through his prophets. He came, not abolish them, but to fulfill them.

Zechariah 14: The Lord will gather all the nations together to make war on Jerusalem. The city will be taken, the houses Looted, and the women raped. Half the people will go into exile, but the rest of them will not be taken away from the city. Then the Lord will go out and fight against those nations, as he has fought in times Past. (This has not yet happened)

Numbers 24: 17, "A king, like a bright star, will arise in that Nation. Like a comet he will come from Israel. He will strike the leaders of Moab and beat down all the people of Seth. He will conquer his enemies in Edom and make their land his property. While Israel continues victorious. The Nation of Israel will trample them down and wipe out the last survivors."

Isaiah 63: 1-6, "Who is this coming from the city of Bozrah in Edom? Who is this so splendidly dressed in red, marching along in power and strength?" It is the Lord, powerful to save, coming to announce his victory. "Why is his clothing so red, like that of a man who tramples grapes to make wine?" . . . . . The Lord answers, "I have trampled the nations like grapes and no one came to help me. I trampled them in my anger, and their blood has stained all my clothing. I DECIDED THAT THE TIME TO SAVE MY PEOPLE HAD COME; it was time to punish their enemies.

I was amazed when I looked and saw that there was no one to help me. But my anger made me strong, and I won the victory myself. In my anger I trampled whole nations and shattered them, I poured out their life’s blood on the earth."

See Zechariah 14. The Lord will come to fight for his people Israel as he has fought in times past and from within the inner most sanctuary of his tabernacle (The kingdom of God is within you) which temporary tabernacle is the body of mankind, he will fight the enemies of Israel; those Nations who surround Jerusalem in their attempt to drive God's chosen people into the sea.

The African tectonic plate in its northern migration, grinds against the Arabian plate in a line that runs up through the Red Sea and along the Jordon valley beneath the Mount of Olives.

Zechariah 14: 3-4; Then the Lord will go out and fight for his people as he has fought in times past. At that time, he will stand on the Mount of Olives, to the east of Jerusalem. Then the Mount of Olives will be split in two, from east to west by a large valley. Half of the mountain (On the African plate) will move to the northwest, and half of it (On the Arabian plate) will move to the southeast.

Could the violent activity around the earth at this time, be the trigger that will cause the super volcano beneath Yellow Stone to erupt, enveloping the planet in a cloud of debris? And that day shall be neither day nor night, but a perpetual twilight.

Zechariah 14: 13; Then the Lord will throw those nations that surround Jerusalem, into a state of total confusion, and the weapons of destruction with which they would destroy Israel, he will cause them to turn upon their own allies and they shall suffer a terrible disease, the soft tissue such as their eyes and tongues will melt in their sockets, and their radiated flesh, cooked to the bone, will slide from their bodies while still standing. Then all the surviving Nations will send their representatives each year to Jerusalem in the land of Israel, to worship and pay tribute to the Lord who will rule the whole world with justice for a thousand years, and woe betide those who refuse to do so.

Then all the godless people of this world, and all those, who in their Synagogues, Mosques, and Cathedrals of stone, marble, or crystal, who prostate themselves on the floors or who sing and dance with their eyes and hands raised to the heavens in worship of a god they neither know or understand, will bow down and worship THE God of the Bible, the Most High in the creation, ‘The Son of Man’ who evolves from the body of mankind.

Only when he has completed all this, will the Law be fulfilled.

9 And behold! He cometh with ten thousands of His holy ones
To execute judgement upon all, And to destroy all the ungodly: And to convict all flesh Of all the works of their ungodliness which they have ungodly committed, And of all the hard things which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him.

Okay...so you are saying that Heaven and Earth have passed away.

Jesus H. Christ...are you people sane?

Are you actually unable to see the disconnect...unable to see the absurdity of your position?

Yes...you are almost certainly dealing with a fairy tale...but even with a fairy tale one cannot take the kinds of liberties you are taking. One cannot speak of the fairy tale of Rapunzel and claim Rapunzel was bald; one cannot speak of the fairy tale of Sleeping Beauty and claim Sleeping Beauty was an insomniac.

We know that at least the Earth has not "passed away." So either you are calling Jesus a liar...or NONE OF THE OLD TESTAMENT LAW is null.

https://able2know.org/topic/128690-1

Jasper10

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2021 07:05 am
@The Anointed,
Ha Ha…Wow!!……ok….for all your studying and you have not understood that the Christian bible says that Jesus has done it all in keeping the Ten Commandments perfectly….Non of it is of your doing, my doing or anyone else’s doing.

We haven’t kept the Ten Commandments perfectly.

The bible says that no one enters heaven unless they trust in what Jesus has done on their behalf.

You think Jesus was just a nice man then……wow!!….ok….you certainly have not understood.

izzythepush

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2021 12:10 pm
@Jasper10,
You realise the Ten Commandments originally appear in the Egyptian Book Of The Dead?
izzythepush

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2021 12:13 pm
@izzythepush,
That would be the 1010 commandments as far as you’re concerned.
0 Replies

Jasper10

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2021 12:24 pm
@izzythepush,
I think you have reminded me of that before.They are also mentioned in the bible and the bible says that only Jesus has kept them perfectly for you.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2021 12:25 pm
@Jasper10,
That’s where the Bible got it from.
Jasper10

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2021 12:27 pm
@izzythepush,
I think you said that before as well.
The Anointed

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2021 07:40 pm
@Jasper10,
Quote:
Ha Ha…Wow!!……ok….for all your studying and you have not understood that the Christian bible says that Jesus has done it all in keeping the Ten Commandments perfectly….

You keep coming up with your BS and erroneous sayings, which cannot be supported by any scripture.

You have been asked before to reveal the scriptures that say; "That Jesus has done it all in keeping the Ten Commandments perfectly" you have not as yet revealed those verses and you never will, because the only place that erroneous statement exists, is in the mind of the biblically ignoramus, who goes by the name, 'Jasper10.'