Linkat

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2015 04:33 pm
@oralloy,
I didn't watch either, planned on it but life got in the way.

As far as winners - I don't know (can't tell you my thoughts cause I didn't see it), but I have looked and depending on who is reporting this there are different winners and losers. Almost every single candidate was chosen as being a winner at least once and almost all as being a loser in different viewpoints.

I found that kind of funny. I think all or almost all thought Carly Fiorina was clear cut winner. Again didn't see that debate, but I was fortunate enough to attend a women's leadership conference where she spoke and one thing I can say she is an excellent speaker -- I would not mind hearing her speak again.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2015 04:41 pm
@Linkat,
Quote:
Carly Fiorina was clear cut winner. Again didn't see that debate, but I was fortunate enough to attend a women's leadership conference where she spoke and one thing I can say she is an excellent speaker

She is the dictionary definition of the incompetent elite who none the less take a huge skim off the collective. She represents the leeches.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2015 05:20 pm
@oralloy,
I saw an interview with Carly a month ago. Nothing wrong with the answers, but she concluded every answer with this nasty little smirk. I'm betting she thought is was a confident smile. Doesn't mean she wouldn't make a good president, but it left me feeling very uneasy with her.

I swear, I think half these people are in there so they can put "Former Presidential Candidate" on their next resume.
Linkat

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2015 07:54 pm
@roger,
I wouldn't begin to know enough yet on her qualifications being the president, but she was an incredible speaker at our conference and no odd smirk.
roger

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2015 08:02 pm
@Linkat,
Maybe she saw the video later, and maybe I was misinterpreting.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2015 07:27 am
In the fallout from the debate, Fox is tossing Kelly under the bus to curry favor with Trump. Interesting that Trump has so much stroke that he can ignore the Fox publicity machine. If you follow the link, be sure to check out the comments.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2015 11:15 am
@engineer,
It was a lot too much to watch her claim to be a good journalist who will always practice good journalism. SHe was supposed to be a debate moderator that night, not a journalist, and being a "gotcha" bitch is not journalism anyway.

When Fox was not apologizing by the next day I lost respect.
engineer

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2015 11:24 am
@hawkeye10,
So I agree completely that Fox failed as moderators. That said, Fox said their strategy was to find what they thought was each candidate's weakness and ask a hard question there. Kelly's question was right at Trump's weakness. You also cannot make me believe that the questions weren't vetted ahead of time. I think Fox made up questions they thought would get lots of views and were completely taken by surprise when Trump went nuclear instead of just kowtowing like the other candidates. Kelly was the required sacrifice to placate the Donald.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2015 11:31 am
@engineer,
Of course, and you will remember the quote given pre debate where this group said that they had been chosen (and it had to been by Ailes or at least signed off on by him ) because a hatchet job on the candidates was what was wanted. I have no doubt but that they understood their mission and carried out their mission.

I almost never watch TV "news", nor do I go to the Fox News website. I have over the years been skeptical about the criticism I hear of Fox News , but I have to say this show was very badly handled . Maybe Fox News does suck.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2015 01:22 pm
@engineer,
The whole Fox thing is fascinating. Murdoch is on record as being against Trump. Ailes is a friend of Trump.

Kelly must have realized that whoever took on Trump wasn't going to win.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2015 08:23 pm
This may be off topic but I need to ask. Can goldfish get rabies?
0 Replies