The Most Boring Movies You've Ever Seen

panzade

Sun 7 Jun, 2009 09:53 pm
@PDiddie,
Quote:
The most boring movie I have seen recently is There Will Be Blood. A horribly violent, abusive, ridiculous character portrayed by the nearly immortal (to me) Daniel Day-Lewis wasted on a story poorly edited. It seemed it was a film meant to be ghastly for ghast's sake only.

There was something dreadfully wrong with this movie...can't quite put my finger on it
0 Replies

panzade

Sun 7 Jun, 2009 09:55 pm
@KiwiChic,
Tom Cruise-Historical Film= Oxymoron
0 Replies

NickFun

Mon 8 Jun, 2009 11:04 am
The Limits of Control. No plot, little dialogue, No acting and an all around incredibly dull movie. A 'Must See' for boring movie lovers.
0 Replies

dragonz21

Thu 11 Jun, 2009 07:23 pm
Well I had to sit through twilight because it was my sisters birthday twilight= Boring as hell, yet my sister liked it...
Lightwizard

Thu 11 Jun, 2009 08:11 pm
@dragonz21,
TV is really milking it with vampire series and yet one of the best was cancelled -- "Moonlight." "True Blood" on HBO hasn't hooked me yet and there's another series coming in the Fall which looks suspiciously like "Twilight." Of course, there's a sequel to "Twilight" in production -- it's like the old Universal days and it makes me wonder why vampire movies and now TV series seem to multiply like, well, vampires, when the economy is in trouble. Is this some kind of sub-conscious wish dream that the world is topsy-turvy that we'd rather be bitten by a vampire and live forever? Or is it a parable to the blood sucking financiers, including banks?
rosborne979

Fri 12 Jun, 2009 08:51 am
@Lightwizard,
Lightwizard wrote:

TV is really milking it with vampire series and yet one of the best was cancelled -- "Moonlight." "True Blood" on HBO hasn't hooked me yet and there's another series coming in the Fall which looks suspiciously like "Twilight." Of course, there's a sequel to "Twilight" in production -- it's like the old Universal days and it makes me wonder why vampire movies and now TV series seem to multiply like, well, vampires, when the economy is in trouble. Is this some kind of sub-conscious wish dream that the world is topsy-turvy that we'd rather be bitten by a vampire and live forever? Or is it a parable to the blood sucking financiers, including banks?

I think Vampire shows are just a really good formula, because they can appeal to sci-fi/fantasy fans (guys) as well as romance fans (women). Vampires can be portrayed as both villains and superheros and the shows can revolve around sex and power as well as mystery and horror. It's a very flexible formula and I think the audience mix allows them to capture a large viewer group.

0 Replies

dg8561

Mon 7 Sep, 2009 01:21 pm
@kickycan,
The movie "What dreams my come" with Robin Williams and Cuba Gooding Jr. hands down!
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Mon 7 Sep, 2009 07:35 pm
Why is this thread still going on? As I pointed out five years ago, it is a scientifically proven fact that the most boring movie in the world is The English Patient. That's it. Thread over. Move along, people, nothing to see here.
Wilso

Mon 7 Sep, 2009 08:00 pm
The most recent Harry Potter film.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Tue 8 Sep, 2009 08:26 pm
@joefromchicago,
Laughing You have no patience with The English Patient.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Wed 16 Sep, 2009 01:08 pm
@kickycan,
Entre les murs (2008) AKA The Class. I never felt so compelled while in the movie theater to keep checking what time it was on my phone then when I was watching this well meaning/well intentioned snooze fest.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Thu 17 Sep, 2009 08:08 am
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:
Why is this thread still going on? As I pointed out five years ago, it is a scientifically proven fact that the most boring movie in the world is The English Patient. That's it. Thread over. Move along, people, nothing to see here.

I've not seen The English Patient, but I can't imagine it's more boring than Yentl. I spent a week watching it one evening.
joefromchicago

Thu 17 Sep, 2009 08:22 am
@Ticomaya,
The first step is admitting that you've seen Yentl .
0 Replies

farmerman

Thu 17 Sep, 2009 02:31 pm
I didnt find Ishtar boring, I kind of liked it.
Lightwizard

Thu 17 Sep, 2009 03:07 pm
@farmerman,
Oh, you would! Drunk
0 Replies

Wilso

Fri 18 Sep, 2009 04:44 am
I should probably reiterate my dislike of "When Harry Met Sally". Without question, the most worthless piece of crap ever put on celluloid.
Lightwizard

Fri 18 Sep, 2009 09:58 am
@Wilso,
An unabashed chick flick -- it's not too much wonder you don't like it, Wilso. Wink
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Thu 1 Oct, 2009 03:59 pm
@DixiePup,
Coffee and Cigarettes

Watching paint dry would have been more riveting.
Thankfully I only wasted 2 mins of eyetime.
0 Replies

chrissyf

Mon 16 Nov, 2009 01:28 pm
Body of lies i felt killing myself there was only me and little brother in the cinemas watching it and we walked out halfway through it was so ****
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Mon 16 Nov, 2009 03:56 pm
I had not been to the movies for about 5+ years, ever since I have been subscribing to Blockbuster. Last week, we were out of town, and had nothing to do one evening. We went to see "The Box".

The best thing that I can say about it was that I was tired, and slept through parts of it. Mr. P. liked it, but he is much more into fantasy and sci-fi than I am. He claims that it is a reworking of the old story, "The Monkey's Paw".
0 Replies