The Most Boring Movies You've Ever Seen

Lightwizard

Tue 12 Jul, 2005 06:06 pm
I did correct that! Got it mixed up with "21 Days."

Ebert in his review explains the move to make some of the zombies regain some of their "living abilities" so they could at least defend themselves. I find the older zombie films became rather boring when all one had to do is blow their head offs and they were done for.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Tue 12 Jul, 2005 06:08 pm
(You basically have to thrown away all concepts of credibility to enjoy any of the films -- you really don't believe that zombies could exist, do you?)

In "28 Days Later" the premise that a super virus was turning everyone into mad ravenous beasts was chillingly possible.
0 Replies

Seed

Tue 12 Jul, 2005 06:10 pm
i dont know... i found that they were smart on a very animalistic level... the way they could follow you and show up from out of no where... like Shaun of the Dead... when Shaun runs from them to lose them and go into the pub... he thinks he out ran them but they show up back there...

i thought making them smarter took away some of their zombieness and make them more like humans again... which might have been something he was looking to do again...

and speaking of good zombie films i thought Shaun of the Dead was pretty good as well...
0 Replies

Seed

Tue 12 Jul, 2005 06:11 pm
haha i do actually... i think it is very possible... you never know what could happen.

Real Zombies
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Tue 12 Jul, 2005 06:13 pm
I haven't seen "Shaun" but it is obviously satirical. I think Romero may, while never admitting it, wanted to satirize his own genre himself. It boils down to movies that are designed to be roller coaster rides sometimes lose passengers. Whoops!
0 Replies

Seed

Tue 12 Jul, 2005 06:17 pm
yea... i see what you mean by that. the main reason i went and saw it (even though my friends said it would bomb) was cus i loved his previous films and thought this one would be good... but im guessing it was just meant to ride on the coat tail of his perivious films and hope for the best.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Tue 12 Jul, 2005 06:18 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
I realize that old adage about one man's trash is another man's treasure but if one is already prejudice against a genre, they can add their two bits worth and it doesn't mean much.
<snip>
I always believed that if you can't say something nice about somebody, you should say nothing. Believe me, I keep my mouth shut about you!

I guess I can safely say that you assume you know what my feelings about all genres are.

~~~~~~~~

The original question was about what movies bore individual posters - plain and simple.

~~~~~~~~

lightwizard - I'm not sure why you seem to feel the need to put down films I say I like, or slam my comments on films I don't like. You've got an opinion, I've got an opinion. That's it. Two people with opinions.

It's a shame, since discussions from differing viewpoints can be fun as well as challenging.

<edit>

Well, maybe it's more.

I have defended the right of others to have opinions you don't share. That does seem to have put a burr under your saddle in regard to me.

With any luck, the ignore feature will be installed soon, and you can relax. You won't have to see me at all anymore. I won't be gone, just out of your line of sight.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Tue 12 Jul, 2005 06:30 pm
ehBeth: Sadly, this is not a new revelation. LW has taken the time to tell me that my opinion on any of several movies is pure crap. He usually is able to tell me that movie experts agree with him that my opinion is pure crap, which obviously causes him to believe he must be right.

When is that ignore feature getting installed? Laughing
0 Replies

Seed

Tue 12 Jul, 2005 06:33 pm
so how abouut those movies?

<.<
>.>
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Tue 12 Jul, 2005 06:52 pm
And where do I state that because movie critics agree with me I must be right? Find it. You can't because it doesn't exist. What movie opinions have I told you were "pure crap?" What are you smoking or drinking tonight?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Tue 12 Jul, 2005 06:54 pm
I reserve my right to have an opinion about other's opinions. Sometimes what they consider a treasure is truly trash and vice versa.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Tue 12 Jul, 2005 08:17 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
And where do I state that because movie critics agree with me I must be right? Find it. You can't because it doesn't exist. What movie opinions have I told you were "pure crap?" What are you smoking or drinking tonight?

Musta been the 'shrooms.
0 Replies

sunlover

Tue 12 Jul, 2005 09:24 pm
War of the Worlds certainly was not boring but at some point the flying blood, gore and mud got ridiculous. I felt sick, especially when the lady I saw it with ate a GALLON of popcorn, dipping it into something that smelled like sour salsa. I will never forgive her!

Someone said this movie was "just a spoof" on something or 'other. Of what was it a spoof on? All these weird vehicles were stored under the earth for eons, just waiting for the aliens to ride down a streak of lightening, jump in their ships and fly out of the earth, bent on killing every single soul on earth. Incredible! Was this bad, or was this movie good? Those beings did seem awfully hungry.
I don't know. It was by Spielberg. Hard to believe.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Tue 12 Jul, 2005 11:13 pm
That's more like it, Tico -- I knew the guru of the political threads could really not be taken all that seriously. I hope EhBeth realizes that I'm not being that serious and her seriousness is getting in the way of explaining herself. The fact she had to once again explain that everyone has a right to their opinion in the tone of a moderator (which she isn't) has to be recognized as truly folly. I really do have something to say about her but she'd just be suspicious if it were nice.

My diagnosis, of course, and my prescription is to have couple of glasses of Shiraz, go to bed and see me in the morning. 'Course, I'll be in Facist Island, Newport Beach and I won't provide a plane ticket.
Ticomaya

Wed 13 Jul, 2005 06:36 am
Lightwizard wrote:
That's more like it, Timber -- I knew the guru of the political threads could really not be taken all that seriously.

Oh ... is Timber around? I thought he was way over there.

How many Shiraz' have you had? :wink:
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Wed 13 Jul, 2005 08:19 am
Oh, sorry, Tico -- I do get you mixed up. There's something similar there but I can't put my finger on it.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Wed 13 Jul, 2005 08:28 am
However, I will withdraw the guru of the political threads comment and actually I was working on my first glass of Shiraz. I could blame this all on my new laptop but I'm afraid it was a senior moment. Very Happy

Which is kind of a misnomer -- my nephew lives here and he has lapses often enough, not to mention the two twenty-something guys working at the gallery who can barely follow their noses.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Wed 13 Jul, 2005 08:33 am
Lightwizard wrote:
Oh, sorry, Tico -- I do get you mixed up. There's something similar there but I can't put my finger on it.

We are both analytical sages, possessed of great discernment?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Wed 13 Jul, 2005 08:37 am
Don't flatter yourself. Incidentally, you're suppose
to be in the smoking tent with that cigar. I also still wonder where that cigar has been.

Planet California doesn't think much of Ahnold any more.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Wed 13 Jul, 2005 08:40 am
Lightwizard wrote:

Planet California doesn't think much of Ahnold any more.

Lightwizard,
My daughter is leaving Chicago and moving to Los Angeles in August for a job with a film editor. Do you have any advice I can pass on to her?
0 Replies