The Most Boring Movies You've Ever Seen

jaypeedee

Wed 6 Jul, 2005 05:00 pm
ha! there's a glowing recommendation. they should've put that in the ad. "it's better if you're buzzed!" or, "if you don't pay too much attention to it, it ain't half bad!" yeah well i paid full price and i felt cheated.

i think that's about how i watched you've got mail. with other people in the room making noise. so i don't exactly recall that big corp = big heart message. wow. what a pile. i wonder how that played overseas. people in europe probably rioted after seeing the movie. or went on strike or something.

i think i was also turned off by meg playing cute. so i might even have been rooting for the big corporation to crush her cute little dreams with her scrunchy nose and her flighty ways. but that's probably more the fault of the script, cause as i said i loved sleepless in seattle. that movie makes me cry like a little girl whose pet bunny got smooshed by a tractor.
0 Replies

TheSeasAsleep

Thu 7 Jul, 2005 02:24 pm
Adding my two cents:

'The Talented Mr. Ripley' -- gods, but I can't stand that movie. I saw it in theaters and sat through maybe 60% of soul and mind-numbing 'drama', waiting for it to get good (I would have settled for simply better). I went to the restroom at that point and just...forgot to return. It was the first movie I had ever walked out on.

A close second is 'The English Patient' -- what an overhyped piece of garbage.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Fri 8 Jul, 2005 12:08 pm
The other 2002 Mr. Ripley epic, "Ripley's Game" with John Malkovitch is literate but almost inert. I liked "The Talented Mr. Ripley" and did not find it boring, however it's not a film I would make it a point to revist. "The English Patient" is a high-falutin' chick flick. I've never been sure whether I liked it or not buy I love the score.
0 Replies

pola

Mon 11 Jul, 2005 09:20 am
vanilla sky.
i know a lot of peole love that film, but i can`t understand. for me it was very boring and uninteresting.
0 Replies

Maximos1984

Mon 11 Jul, 2005 12:24 pm
Second Nature .. i think it's the movie it's just Alec Balduine
0 Replies

alakritz

Mon 11 Jul, 2005 04:05 pm
I (heart) Huckabees, A Dirty Shame, Batman Begins, and Closer. And that's just this year so far!
0 Replies

Julius

Tue 12 Jul, 2005 10:19 am
Catwoman, thank god I didnt pay for it, and I left early.

@Alakritz; Batman Begins?!?!?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Tue 12 Jul, 2005 10:33 am
"Batman Begins" ?? For sure, this film is not boring. It's the best of the Batman movies even over Tim Burton's first. Perhaps not someone's cup-of-tea? Placing it next to "Catwoman" is ludicrous.
0 Replies

sunlover

Tue 12 Jul, 2005 11:15 am
I loved Batman Begins, and will even see a sequel to find out just who becomes Robin. Maybe it's the little boy who had a small part in this one.

I liked The English Patient but didn't exactly love it. But, I did love the Englishness about the characters and wondered just how that was captured.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Tue 12 Jul, 2005 05:16 pm
"The English Patient" was visually stunning on the theatrical big screen and couldn't afford to have its dimensions shrunk down to the small screen, at least for some who hadn't read the book, which it is really remarkably faithful to. They probably would hate the book as well. It's not your most uplifting film, that's for sure, more in the realm of Greek tragedy. It's love lost -- forever.
0 Replies

Seed

Tue 12 Jul, 2005 05:33 pm
Land of The Dead! ugh what a horrible movie. Sure it had gore, but everything about it made me want to gag and go to sleep. Everything that could have been bad in the movie was bad... bad timing, bad acting, bad actors, bad writing, oh man it was horrible.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Tue 12 Jul, 2005 05:40 pm
Phantom of the Opera.
I pulled my knitting out about half an hour in.
Bad singing, bad acting, and THEN it got boring.
If I'd paid to see it I'd have been furious.

The woman I was watching it with loved it.

Obviously, movies and film are like so much else in the world - one man's trash is another man's treasure.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Tue 12 Jul, 2005 05:43 pm
Golly -- 7 out of 10 is the IMDb rating, a public poll, and Ebert gave it 3 stars. Not sure if this is your type of film -- I know you can't take Romero's films seriously 'cause their horror camp. Not that I intend on beating a path to the movie theater -- I might catch it on HBO or Showtime.
0 Replies

Seed

Tue 12 Jul, 2005 05:45 pm
i dont know light... that movie was by far the worse zombie flick ever... they didnt even explain why or how the zombies "got smart" the left it wide open
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Tue 12 Jul, 2005 05:54 pm
The Rotten Tomatoe's critics gauge is over 70% favorable reviews:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/land_of_the_dead/

What movies do you believe are better?

I'm not opting to Pay-Per-View of "Phanton" but I might add it to my NetFlix queue.

I realize that old adage about one man's trash is another man's treasure but if one is already prejudice against a genre, they can add their two bits worth and it doesn't mean much.

I find all Andrew Lloyd Webber as rather pretentious, often times only offering up one great song in the entire musical. However, where does that leave Sondheim who fills his musicals with complex, witty, musically original songs that make every one of his works worthwhile but would probably bore the average person to death?

I always believed that if you can't say something nice about somebody, you should say nothing. Believe me, I keep my mouth shut about you!

Very Happy
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Tue 12 Jul, 2005 05:55 pm
Seed wrote:
i dont know light... that movie was by far the worse zombie flick ever... they didnt even explain why or how the zombies "got smart" the left it wide open

That was the general criticism of critics like Roeper -- you really aren't looking for scientific explanations for this genre of film I hope. Good luck.
0 Replies

Seed

Tue 12 Jul, 2005 05:58 pm
i love zombie flicks and i loved all of his older ones.. this one was lacking everything that his other films were.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Tue 12 Jul, 2005 06:00 pm
I think it's Zombie Film Burnout. The best of them all, although not strictly a zombie film, is "28 Days Later."
0 Replies

Seed

Tue 12 Jul, 2005 06:00 pm
lol no not looking for scientific explanations... maybe a small reason.. doesnt have to be "well the bonds of the chemical of this and that have combined.. blah blah blah" just something to give a reason for the smartness, something to grasp on to and not make you leave wondering it.. i mean that was a crucial part of the movie and there was no reason for it to have happened
0 Replies

Seed

Tue 12 Jul, 2005 06:03 pm
was it 21 or 28 days later? and yes that was a very good movie.. i enjoyed that one very much so.
0 Replies