I'm getting fatter every year and I don't care

Heeven

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 10:16 am
There ya go!

All solved, so ... we will all be sitting in lawn chairs in the middle of traffic - since banning smoking, (and that includes POT smoking, which everyone wants legalized these days ... imagine, pot is legalized only to discover that smoking is banned!) and eating of food and drinking of drink is harmful to us all and should all be banned forthwith. Pubs and restauranteurs will be forced to close their doors, leaving us with no social avenues available to us other than sitting in traffic and breathing in gasoline fumes (can that be called consumption? dammit, another product banned?) swapping stories about the infections caused by yanking a persons feeding tube when they're not looking. Ah now, everything is at last all right with the world!
0 Replies

briarwizard

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 11:59 am
Quote:
Am I the only one sick of this country's backwards values???

-sadie

It depends on which values you're talking about. On the one side you have the media projecting anorexic women and steroid enhanced men as ideals, which is destructive. On the other side you have the media selling the worst food imaginable to everyone, including children which is destructive also.

Being overweight, especially if it starts as a child, can have serious long term health effects just as being severely underweight can.

I'm sick of this country's values on BOTH extremes. People should value eating healthy and not shoving fat and sugar down their throats until their heart gives out or they end up with diabetes. And they should also start taking some responsibility for what their children eat as well. Shoving junk down a kids throat until they're obese is tantamount to child abuse in my opinion, but Mc Donald's says it's ok, so it is right?
Quote:
I am by no means obese, but I am slightly overweight, and I am TIRED of feeling like a second class citizen because I am not skin and bones.

Are you really treated like a "2nd class citizen" or do you FEEL like a 2nd class citizen. Where I live most adults are obese, they're the norm and not 2nd class anything. No one gives an obese person a 2nd glance around here because that's "just what people look like".
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 11:59 am
Willi's Wine Bar in Santa Rosa serves great food as you describe Jamie Kennedy doing... and has a great wine selection too. I didn't have any wine when I was there before a presentation to the design review board, heh, so I'm not sure if it was available in those small portions too. The food was served in tapas style but the dishes weren't all spanish (I am thinking italo-californian-french-spanish, but I don't have a menu in front of me to be sure.)

Wish there were more places like these, and more chefs like you, Cav.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 12:22 pm
BBB
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=29225&highlight=&sid=b8519c234752f33caf6e97d15306252a
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 12:32 pm
link doesn't work, bbb...
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 12:35 pm
Osso
That's because the moderater deleted it - I'm really pissed!

BBB
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 01:43 pm
Try this link
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=29237&highlight=
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 01:50 pm
Would that the "Children's Menu" was a bit more adventurous than hamburgers and hot dogs. Still, most restaurants provide doggy bags.

I'm not too proud--or too energetic--for leftovers.
0 Replies