Should I try Craiglist's personals?

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2015 08:18 am
I'm going to take a break from okcupid and pof and try craiglist's personals. Does it work? What type of people are on there?

Ragman

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2015 08:26 am
@singlesucks13,
IMHO don't go there as it's not just unreliable . It's loaded with 'bad news bears'. CL is good for picking up appliances and used stuff...bad for dating..really bad.

I'd suggest to you that none of those free dating sites are highly reliable. Match.com is OK as it has lots of people to choose from but there's a fee. A
3-month membership will give you some time to sort things out. If you can't write a good profile and add good pics you won't get good results. If someone can help you that knows you (and knows how to write), ask them to help.

However, here's an important warning:
if you're sensitive to rejection don't bother with ANY of them. Try local Meetup groups in your area that participate in your hobbies or interests. That is an easier situation that doesn't rely on the dynamics of online dating. The weekly and monthly events are centered around events and common areas of interests of the members.
singlesucks13

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2015 08:38 am
@Ragman,
Yeah I really get depressed to rejection Sad
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2015 08:41 am
@Ragman,
good advice

Ragman wrote:
However, here's an important warning:[/i] if you're sensitive to rejection don't bother with ANY of them. Try local Meetup groups in your area that participate in your hobbies or interests. That is an easier situation that doesn't rely on the dynamics of online dating. The weekly and monthly events are centered around events and common areas of interests of the members.

@singlesucks - you've been given similar advice on your other thread.

Have you started any of the local activities yet?
singlesucks13

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2015 08:43 am
@ehBeth,
yeah Smile soccer
ehBeth

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2015 08:45 am
@singlesucks13,
How did it go? is it co-ed?
Linkat

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2015 08:45 am
@singlesucks13,
My guess is you get what you pay for. If something is free, you are going to get all walks of life.

My friend used a more expensive dating service because he wanted to only deal with those that were looking for a serious relationship. Usually someone isn't going to pay more dollars for a hookup and there tends to be more personal interviews and help from the agency itself. For example they will help you with a write up/pictures, etc.
Ragman

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2015 08:52 am
@Linkat,
His past posting history has indicated that he's very sensitive to rejections. IMHO, he'd be FAR better off most with local activities groups like those on Meetup.com. I use it and works out great. There are hundreds or thousands of people, lots of varied activities and interests, with people of all ages or just your own age group...depending on the size of your metropolitan area.
0 Replies

singlesucks13

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2015 08:52 am
@ehBeth,
Yes Smile
ehBeth

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2015 08:53 am
@singlesucks13,
Great! enjoy the soccer and hopefully there will be some social events to participate in Smile
singlesucks13

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2015 09:01 am
@ehBeth,
Thank you Smile
Ragman

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2015 09:02 am
@singlesucks13,
are you old enough to drive?
singlesucks13

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2015 08:42 pm
@Ragman,
I'm 20 and I actually dont drive because I have a fear of driving Sad
ehBeth

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2015 08:48 pm
@singlesucks13,
One thing at a time eh.

Enjoy the soccer. Get to know some people there - focus on playing well and having some fun.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2015 08:53 pm
@singlesucks13,
I think you need help to handle all your fears.

I'm no expert in that, but your fears are really in your way.
I do understand at least some of them, but all together you are trying to dance in front of a wall.

I'm also not the right person to direct you to someone who can help, as there are probably people who understand the situation way better than I do.

Others here may know more.

0 Replies

HesDeltanCaptain

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2015 09:32 am
@singlesucks13,
Same as on every other 'dating site' people who're looking for easy sex.
0 Replies