The media is misreporting this. This misogynist man deserves to go to jail.

Olivier5

Sun 9 Aug, 2015 03:17 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Here's more:

http://p0.storage.canalblog.com/06/47/177230/88540643_o.jpg
Caption: "The Pope In Rio"
Francis: "I'll do anything for new converts"

http://static1.businessinsider.com/image/54ad66fceab8ea8053aff2bf-1200/charlie-hebdo-often-takes-on-the-pope.jpg
Caption: "The Pope Goes Too Far"
Benedict: "This is my body"

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTYwMFgxNDAy/z/QhcAAOSw0e9UwmhH/$_1.JPG
Caption 1: "Does racism (ie peddling racist rhetoric) help sell magazines?"
Arrow: "Jewish ass"
Caption 2: "We'll tell you next week."
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sun 9 Aug, 2015 03:41 pm
@Olivier5,
The difference is that black people have a history of being portrayed as beasts, as less than human, rich white men like George Bush haven't.

You don't even understand what racism is if you can say something like that.
hawkeye10

Sun 9 Aug, 2015 03:46 pm
Quote:
“Respectfully, there is nothing wrong with Ms. Guthrie being proactive. She is a strong articulate woman who wanted to speak out for others. She cared about other women and ‘their right to be on the internet without having their boundaries crossed by a creep,’” Goldenberg continued.

http://metronews.ca/news/toronto/1433756/women-had-a-right-to-fight-back-crown-argues-in-toronto-twitter-harassment-trial/

The argument boils down to the assertion that we have the right to control everyone with in our environment.

Argument rejected on the grounds that it replaces the principle of equality with the principle that the victims (more likely self alleged victims) are in charge.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Sun 9 Aug, 2015 11:10 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
The difference is that black people have a history of being portrayed as beasts, as less than human, rich white men like George Bush haven't.

I understand what racism is. Racism is a person like you feeling entitled to loath and hate an entire people like the French. That is a clear form of racism. It's deeply constitutive of who you are and how you see the world.

I know you are all about formalism, the letter of the law rather than its spirit, and a PC attitude to life, but racism does not reside, in actual fact, in a drawing of a human head on an ape body, nor can it be found in a word like "nigger", since that word or drawing can be used in a non-racist way (e.g. in a joke poking fun at a racist, or as a way for "black" people to defang the N word's racist connotations).

Words and drawings are SIGNS, and only signs. Racism lies in what is sometimes signified, what is meant. The message is what counts, not the bottle.

Racism lies in the hating of an entire people. Sad that I need to teach that to an old man with a lifetime of left-leaning pretense.
izzythepush

Mon 10 Aug, 2015 02:40 am
@Olivier5,
You don't understand what racism is. The only thing you've taught me is how far racists will go to justify their bigotry.
bobsal u1553115

Mon 10 Aug, 2015 04:17 am
@izzythepush,
Hear, hear!

The same is true with the Hebdo cartoons of the pope. Its one thing to jibe your own religious leaders and Icons. Its another to malign another's. And to use the jibbing of your own to justify the jibbing of another is supremism in its exact meaning.

Not to mention there're NO Muslim "satire" rags maligning any Christians in cartoons anywhere,
bobsal u1553115

Mon 10 Aug, 2015 04:22 am
@Olivier5,
You're the French version of Hawkeye10. You think just because you believe it everybody else has to also.

I wont eat your **** just because you and 40,000 flies do.
Olivier5

Mon 10 Aug, 2015 04:43 am
@bobsal u1553115,
I have made a number of arguments on this thread. Which one did you not understand, sweety?
Olivier5

Mon 10 Aug, 2015 04:50 am
@izzythepush,
You are the classic bigot, Izzy... Jeep hating the French, for all I care. And the Israelis, and even the Americans... Just don't expect your lies to remain unchallenged. No amount of lame urine-based insults will do.
bobsal u1553115

Mon 10 Aug, 2015 04:51 am
@Olivier5,
On t'a bercé trop près du mur? Are you sure you aren't the French Hawkeye. Your stringing of words bead-like together an argument does not constitute.

Sais-tu combien de temps ta mère prend pour chier? Neuf mois!
Olivier5

Mon 10 Aug, 2015 05:18 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Why all this aggressivity, sweety pie? Did I hit a nerve?

What about the argument that everyone should be equal before the law, "colored" and "not colored"? Is that just a string of words?
bobsal u1553115

Mon 10 Aug, 2015 05:27 am
@Olivier5,
Word soup, twit. You're full of it aren't you? Equality means no mention of colored or non-colored casually. Thats the subtlety you racists just don't get. You think race should be ignored or trumpeted when it just needs to unconsidered, ma petite fleur de merde.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Mon 10 Aug, 2015 05:47 am
@Olivier5,
Only a Frenchman could call someone who thinks portraying black people as monkeys racist.

You and Hawkeye suit each other, he gets very upset about not being able to use then word.

Considering the provocation, I'm remarkably well disposed towards the French. Kent is now a car park do to French incompetence and complete lack of work ethic. Calais is full of migrants desperate to flee French racism, and the French are incapable of protecting the integrity of the Euro tunnel. Then there's the strike that stops ferries getting in and out.

This doesn't happen in Zeebrugge, and the French like to use Calais' closeness to Britain to put pressure on British industry. There's the abuse of the CAP which means feckless French farmers are paid vast amounts for doing nothing. Not to mention the lorry loads of British sheep burned alive by the same indolent French farmers.

David Cameron should stop making excuses for the French, and instead be talking to the Belgians about a massive investment in Zeebrugge so the vast majority of our European exports can go via that port. It will save money in the long term.

Not to mention the foul French stink that periodically assaults our nostrils on the South Coast.

Areas of Southampton have been left with a horrible stench in the air after a gas leak from a factory this morning in France.
A large amount of mercaptan gas has accidentally leaked from a factory in Rouen this morning, causing Hampshire to smell like sulphur.

Other areas of the South coast such as Sussex, Kent and Surrey have also experienced the smell.
http://sotontab.co.uk/2013/01/22/soton-stinking-after-french-factory-faux-pas/

It's not just the industry either,

Quote:
Spare a thought for some of France’s commuters who are stuck next to someone’s armpit on a packed train - as it’s been revealed that 43% of French people don’t take a shower every day.

A further 24% admitted they shower just once every two days, while 11% showered once every three days.

As for the remaining 8%? They only clean themselves every four days – or less frequently.

The poll, published by regional paper Presse-Ocean, also found that, on average, the French spend nine minutes taking a shower, and 25 minutes soaking in the bath.

According to European news source The Local France, poor hygiene cost the French economy 14.5 billion euros in 2013.

"In France, we have a hard time admitting that poor hygiene is a factor linked to illness," Virginia Mallet, head of hygiene company Initial France told French daily Le Figaro. "The simple act of washing one’s hands after going to the toilet is automatic in some countries, but in France we have always underestimated this act."

https://home.bt.com/lifestyle/wellbeing/eww-la-la-43-of-french-people-admit-they-dont-shower-daily-11363983637422

For my honeymoon I went to Paris and Amsterdam. What a contrast, Paris is very impressive architecturally, (a feat ensured by surrendering incredibly quickly to Nazi Germany,) but the people are absolutely foul. In all the times I've visited I've only met one nice Parisian, and he was black.

Amsterdam is the exact opposite, not that impressive architecturally but the people are wonderful. They appreciate the fact we liberated them from Nazi Germany, as opposed to the French who resent us for it.

izzythepush

Mon 10 Aug, 2015 05:55 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:
Its one thing to jibe your own religious leaders and Icons. Its another to malign another's. And to use the jibbing of your own to justify the jibbing of another is supremism in its exact meaning.

Exactly, this is how we do it.

http://viz.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/042_viz158_roger.jpg
bobsal u1553115

Mon 10 Aug, 2015 06:33 am
@izzythepush,
Now that's funny.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Mon 10 Aug, 2015 07:18 am
@izzythepush,
You're full of hatred, indeed. A sad old man you are.
Olivier5

Mon 10 Aug, 2015 07:30 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

bobsal u1553115 wrote:
Its one thing to jibe your own religious leaders and Icons. Its another to malign another's. And to use the jibbing of your own to justify the jibbing of another is supremism in its exact meaning.

Exactly, this is how we do it.

Maybe because you have an official religion. We don't. The French Republic is secular. We try and treat all religions (or absence of) equally. Charlie Hebdo is not religious and even anti-clerical. So they have no religious leaders or icons.
bobsal u1553115

Mon 10 Aug, 2015 07:44 am
@Olivier5,
Its always everybody else with you.
izzythepush

Mon 10 Aug, 2015 07:49 am
@Olivier5,
Maybe it's because we think deliberately offending an entire group of people just to prove some sort of cultural supremacy is racist and offensive.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Mon 10 Aug, 2015 07:49 am
@Olivier5,
You're the one defending racist imagery, not me.