Another Day Where We Do Not Know If Any Gods Exist Or Not!

timur

Mon 21 Sep, 2015 07:04 am
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-sylY0zPeOAc/UMiaWy7AShI/AAAAAAAAWEU/3yCiU3pnZJ4/s1600/theist-atheist-agnostic.jpg
0 Replies

timur

Mon 21 Sep, 2015 07:08 am
http://www.jantoo.com/cartoons/lowres/034/03430135_low.jpg
0 Replies

timur

Mon 21 Sep, 2015 08:07 am
http://wp.production.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/files/2008/10/agnostic1.png
onevoice

Mon 21 Sep, 2015 10:38 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Yet another day where you do not know, Onevoice, but just refuse to acknowledge you do not know.

But...you are free to stick with your blind guess about whether gods exist or not...and you are free to pretend it is knowledge

Good afternoon Frank!

Now come on here... How in the world can you presume to know what exactly it is I know?

Have you redefined knowledge to fit what you believe... Or don't believe?... Either way... Lol
Frank Apisa

Mon 21 Sep, 2015 11:30 am
@timur,
timur wrote:

So...you do want to get bloodied...but you don't have the guts to come at it from the front.

Okay...better you choose to be an object of ridicule.

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/549dd43ae4b0bef254ef3da7/t/54ae7bdae4b04227f5966e74/1420721115208/
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Mon 21 Sep, 2015 11:35 am
@onevoice,
onevoice wrote:

Quote:
Yet another day where you do not know, Onevoice, but just refuse to acknowledge you do not know.

But...you are free to stick with your blind guess about whether gods exist or not...and you are free to pretend it is knowledge

Good afternoon Frank!

Good afternoon, Onevoice.

Quote:
Now come on here... How in the world can you presume to know what exactly it is I know?

Are you saying that I am not allowed to presume?

Quote:
Have you redefined knowledge to fit what you believe... Or don't believe?... Either way... Lol

No. I am laughing at your supposed knowledge of the existence of a god.

If it makes you feel any better...I acknowledge I am making a guess about what you know and do not know. I prefer to think of it as an educated guess...but it is a guess nonetheless.

Why not acknowledge that what you are claiming to KNOW about the existence of a god...is nothing but a guess? Or do you lack the ethical wherewithal to do that?
onevoice

Mon 21 Sep, 2015 12:06 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Are you saying that I am not allowed to presume?

Absolutely not! Don't we all presume something about something at some point? However, that doesn't necessarily mean we are right. Though it is nice when we are, isn't it? Smile

Quote:

If it makes you feel any better...I acknowledge I am making a guess about what you know and do not know. I prefer to think of it as an educated guess...but it is a guess nonetheless.

Why not acknowledge that what you are claiming to KNOW about the existence of a god...is nothing but a guess? Or do you lack the ethical wherewithal to do that?

Heh... Supposed knowledge... You are a funny man Frank. And quite the tough nut to crack, as well. Hehe...

Tell ya what though... Just as soon as you can offer me an explanation other than God for how my physical scars got healed I would be more than happy to reconsider my position on some things. Until then....

Another day I do. Smile

Bwaaaahahaha!
Frank Apisa

Mon 21 Sep, 2015 12:14 pm
@onevoice,
onevoice wrote:

Quote:

Heh... Supposed knowledge... You are a funny man Frank. And quite the tough nut to crack, as well. Hehe...

Tell ya what though... Just as soon as you can offer me an explanation other than God for how my physical scars got healed I would be more than happy to reconsider my position on some things. Until then....

Another day I do. Smile

Bwaaaahahaha!

So you are saying that some scars got healed...therefore there is a god.

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph!

You do not know there is a god, Onevoice...but I want you to continue to insist you do. And if you can include the "healed scars" as part of the reason you are insisting...I would be particularly appreciative.

Healed scars! Therefore there's gotta be a god!
(Head shaking!)
onevoice

Mon 21 Sep, 2015 12:20 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Look it up Frank. Scars cannot heal themselves. But if you can find somewhere that offers an explanation for it I would be happy to look at it. Smile But no, its a whole lot more than just that.
Frank Apisa

Mon 21 Sep, 2015 12:26 pm
@onevoice,
onevoice wrote:

Look it up Frank. Scars cannot heal themselves. But if you can find somewhere that offers an explanation for it I would be happy to look at it. Smile But no, its a whole lot more than just that.

I see what you are saying, Onevoice. You had some scars heal...and therefore you assert you know there is a god.

I mean...what else could possible account for a scar healing.

Like I said...keep insisting.

I see value in it!
0 Replies

izzythepush

Mon 21 Sep, 2015 01:17 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
I prefer to think of it as an educated guess...but it is a guess nonetheless.

So when you make a guess it's an educated guess, but for everyone else it's a blind guess.
Frank Apisa

Mon 21 Sep, 2015 01:26 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

So when you make a guess it's an educated guess, but for everyone else it's a blind guess.

No...not at all.

If I make a blind guess...I always call it a blind guess.

Lemme give you an example:

Is there a god or are there no gods?

My blind guess is: (wait, I am tossing the coin)..."heads"...there is at least one god.

Sometimes I make guesses that I feel are not totally blind...that have some substance behind the guess. Often I will call them an estimate, but sometimes I simply acknowledge them as a guess. Further, there are times I actually call them "educated guesses."

I hope that answers your question, Iz.
izzythepush

Mon 21 Sep, 2015 01:36 pm
@Frank Apisa,
It wasn't a question.
Frank Apisa

Mon 21 Sep, 2015 02:03 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

It wasn't a question.

http://www.arizonabiteme.com/images/BITE_ME_FLAG_WAVE.jpg

...or...

http://g.mastergreetings.com/biteme/019.gif
Frank Apisa

Mon 21 Sep, 2015 02:04 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Oh....I forgot:

Please!
onevoice

Mon 21 Sep, 2015 05:08 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Omg... Rofl
0 Replies

izzythepush

Tue 22 Sep, 2015 01:26 am
@Frank Apisa,
Is it just iconography you share with Gungasnake?
neologist

Tue 22 Sep, 2015 01:42 am
@izzythepush,
Frank Apisa wrote:
izzythepush wrote:
Makes sense.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Tue 22 Sep, 2015 02:42 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Is it just iconography you share with Gungasnake?

I do not know. I don't know him.

I don't know you either...so I do not know what we "share", Izzy.
izzythepush

Tue 22 Sep, 2015 03:09 am
@Frank Apisa,
Really? You sure like to cut and paste from his playbook. What next, masturbatory images of Vladimir Putin?