Another Day Where We Do Not Know If Any Gods Exist Or Not!

Leadfoot

Sat 12 Sep, 2015 08:43 am
@Frank Apisa,

At first I was mystified about how I had offended you and couldn't figure out why (Duh, happens more than I like) Then it occurred to me that it was because I thought you were following what I was trying to do. Because of that, I got sucked into using the personal example (you and your loved ones) that you brought up. I usually avoid that.

So, what was I doing:

We don't have any publicly available hard evidence that God exists so if we are to explore the subject, all we have to work with are thought experiments, meditation, contemplation or whatever you want to call it. The one I was using was to put myself in the mind of the real (or hypothetical if you prefer) God and see if it makes sense. So yes, I am playing God much of the time in these discussions. Both atheists and the religious often think that is hypocritical and egotistical (and/or blasphemous). I don't mean literally, I am not one of those New Age Spiritual people who truly believe 'We Are God'. From previous conversations, I erroneously thought you understood where I was coming from. My bad, but in a way I was paying you a complement in doing so.

Next time I will pick a neutral subject rather than you or the people you care about. I should have used an example like 'Yes, it is foolish and lazy for Tim Teebo to kneel and pray that God will guide his football'. A rather forced example but I hope you see what I mean.

0 Replies

timur

Sat 12 Sep, 2015 08:59 am
Leadfoot wrote:
My bad, but in a way I was paying you a complement in doing so.

Were you paying him that complement in cash or what?

These days I'm short of compliments..
Leadfoot

Sat 12 Sep, 2015 09:32 am
@timur,
Quote:

Were you paying him that complement in cash or what?

These days I'm short of compliments..

I noticed that.

I meant I was giving him credit for being able to look at anything from an objective standpoint. And now by saying that it could be taken that I'm saying he isn't. I ******* hate words.
0 Replies

timur

Sat 12 Sep, 2015 09:48 am
Leadfoot wrote:
I meant I was giving him credit for being able to look at anything from an objective standpoint.

Objectivity is such a subjective thing.

Yours and mine are just diametrically opposed on the topic at hand.
Leadfoot

Sat 12 Sep, 2015 10:16 am
@timur,
Quote:

Objectivity is such a subjective thing.

Yours and mine are just diametrically opposed on the topic at hand.

Blanket statements without an example just aren't useful.

From what you said, I can only assume you are of the atheist persuasion but I know nothing about the perspective that made you so. Maybe you have made it clear in other conversations? I think this is our first. But I'm listening if you care to say.
timur

Sat 12 Sep, 2015 01:27 pm
@Leadfoot,
Is your utterance related to my comment or is it that you have the same problem reading that you have with orthography?
Leadfoot

Sat 12 Sep, 2015 01:58 pm
@timur,
Short on compliments but long on snark!
timur

Sat 12 Sep, 2015 02:13 pm
@Leadfoot,
Yes, fed up with people that believe they know what other people think.
izzythepush

Sat 12 Sep, 2015 02:15 pm
@timur,
I knew you'd say that.
timur

Sat 12 Sep, 2015 02:21 pm
@izzythepush,
Unlike many other thoughts, that one is no mystery as I stated it several times.
0 Replies

Amoh5

Sat 12 Sep, 2015 02:22 pm
@izzythepush,
Your wits seem a little cheeky today, please don't rub in
0 Replies

onevoice

Sat 12 Sep, 2015 07:22 pm
@Johnjohnjohn,
Quote:
Please find time to watch this

http://youtu.be/CmvCFd866R8
Its already upon

Here's one for you. Smile

https://youtu.be/KwsvqVmFV6Y
reasoning logic

Sat 12 Sep, 2015 07:48 pm
@onevoice,
The voice of truth, not bad
onevoice

Sat 12 Sep, 2015 08:29 pm
@reasoning logic,
One of my Favorites! Smile

Here is another...

https://youtu.be/XX93wghcK9kk

I used to stand on our second story porch when no one else was home at the age of seven or eight, and sing this song. At the top of my little lungs.

Bwahahaha!
Frank Apisa

Sun 13 Sep, 2015 03:26 am
http://www.lonelyplanet.com/travel-blog/tip-article/wordpress_uploads/2013/05/tajmahal_small.jpg

Yup, another day when we do not know if gods exist or not!
onevoice

Sun 13 Sep, 2015 10:50 am
@Frank Apisa,
Yup. Another day I do. Smile Have a great day, Frank. Smile
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Sun 13 Sep, 2015 11:05 am
@onevoice,
Quote:
I used to stand on our second story porch when no one else was home at the age of seven or eight, and sing this song. At the top of my little lungs.

Bwahahaha!

This is the one I use to sing.

onevoice

Sun 13 Sep, 2015 12:51 pm
@reasoning logic,
Good to know! Wink Lol Did ya do a little dance too? Very HappyD You didn't by chance get any of that on video did ya? Tehe
reasoning logic

Sun 13 Sep, 2015 02:04 pm
@onevoice,
Quote:
You didn't by chance get any of that on video did ya?

onevoice

Sun 13 Sep, 2015 04:53 pm
@reasoning logic,
Thank you for that! That was so cute it was hilarious! I havent laughed that hard in a while. I often wonder if anyone ever heard me. Neighbors or such. I liked being up there cause I felt like no one could see me. Smile