Learning Italian: I need help!

Raphillon

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2005 12:22 pm
ossobuco wrote:
Raphillon, I am just about to get offline, just caught your post.

Ah, I hadn't recognized the facade of San Paulo fuori le mura... it reminds me slightly - because of the facade - of the church in Trastevere with the wise and foolish virgins, Sta Maria.

Pizza, I have loved pizza in Rome. (Perhaps we can meet for pizza?) I liked the pizza vesuviano at pizzeria archetto, or a name like that, also near Trevi fountain, but I went back there another time and didn't like the pizza as well.
Then I've liked the pizza with mozzarella, gorgonzola, and walnuts at caffe foccaccia, right in front of Sta M. della Pace (which was closed at the time...). Ok, da Ciro, I'm memorizing.

Haven't had abbacchio in Rome...

Yes, the style is somewhat similar, But San Paolo is about 3-4 times larger than S.ta Maria in trastevere Smile

About the pizza... Ok we have a deal: next time you come in Rome we go and eat pizza da Ciro Smile

I'm gong offline as well, I will have dinner, relax a bit and then go to sleep. See you Smile
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2005 12:41 pm
... and to get to San Paolo fuori le mura you need to take a rather long bus ride
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2005 02:14 pm
I haven't been south of Ostiense station, so that would be good for me to check out...
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 04:14 pm
Is it correct to give an opinion on indicative

ex.
Credo che quella ragazza è carina.

or must it be forcefully conjunctive

ex.
Credo che quella ragazza sia carina.
0 Replies

Raphillon

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 02:33 pm
JoeFX wrote:
Is it correct to give an opinion on indicative

ex.
Credo che quella ragazza è carina.

or must it be forcefully conjunctive

ex.
Credo che quella ragazza sia carina.

It is correct. As a matter of fact the conjunctive is becoming less used this days. But I find more elegant to use it anyway Smile
0 Replies