Men who look bad; Women who act badly

the prince

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 01:56 am
cavfancier wrote:
Gargamel wrote:
At the risk of stereotyping, it seems to me that gay men are also better at gay-sex than straight men.

As a typical warm-blooded slobby straight guy with tons of machismo, I feel the need to challenge you, and prove you wrong.

There is only one way to prove it......
0 Replies

SueZCue

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 03:10 am
Reality shows aren't grounded in reality. I used to work for a talent agent in New York and saw all the "breakdowns" (which are orders sent out daily by the casting agents letting us know what types of actors they need for whatever projects they're currently working on.) Most of the cast members of reality shows are hired through their talent agents. We'd get a breakdown saying, "Casting reality show. Needed are 5 athletic females, age 18-25, and the show will be set in an apartment complex where they will be acting like they're all neighbors, blah-blah-blah." It's the same principle as the talk shows of the 1990's. Do you think Jerry Springer guests are for real? These people are starving actors who want their 15 minutes of fame because they're sick of working at TGI Fridays waiting for their big break. C'mon now.

Sounds like you've hit a run of bad luck in the dating department and are wondering if your not dressing right or sweet-talking well enough may be the reason. Well if it is, you're looking at the wrong women anyway. Most women can spot a con artist who's trying to get her into the sack in about 5 seconds (you know, the kind of guy who has the sincerity/credibility of a used care salesman) and yeah, I like a well-dressed guy too, but not to the point that it's his reason for living.

Maybe it's time to start looking for a different type of woman. Maybe it's time to move on to women who are better judges of character, rather than wondering why the ones you've been interested in aren't panning out for you. Sounds like you've been shot down by some pretty shallow immature women. No great loss. See my quote below, it definitely applies here.

1. As for the "great personalities" you've described, I personally find smooth talkers amusing, but often insulting because they assume we're all so stupid and easy to manipulate.

2. As for the "best dressed list" you've described, I've never been interested in dating a guy who looks prettier than I do.

But that's just me.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 05:28 am
plainoldme wrote:
I have heard so many white women make the statement that black men have better personalities than white men so many times over so many years across three states, that I thought it would be a fun topic of conversation.

Funny. If there is one stereotype current here (judging from all the complainin' white women do), its that black men may be more handsome, better dressed and more sexy - but tend to have lousy personalities. Unreliable, cheatin', macho, all that.

(I tend to take those complaints with a grain of salt, btw ... I mean, if you're gonna hook up with a black man when you go clubbing, because you feel attracted by his sex appeal, well, duh ... sexy men picking up girls in clubs may not be the most raliable and faithful species goin around ... black or white.)

As for gay and straight men and how they dress, well ... its true, when I go look around in some of those exclusive, hip places where they have the latest cutting-edge fashion (remembering the time when I actually occasionally could afford to buy something there), a lot of the men there are quite gay. But on the other hand, if you go into the Society Shop for some of those stiff-upper-lip-style suits and casual leisure wear for the golfer-type men, stuff is just as expensive but the shopping men seem very straight. So I dunno ... all depends what you consider "dressing well", I guess ...
0 Replies

SueZCue

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 07:09 am
nimh wrote:
plainoldme wrote:

(I tend to take those complaints with a grain of salt, btw ... I mean, if you're gonna hook up with a black man when you go clubbing, because you feel attracted by his sex appeal, well, duh ... sexy men picking up girls in clubs may not be the most raliable and faithful species goin around ... black or white.)

'nuff said. Great posting, BTW!

Again, you get what you pay for.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 10:20 am
Gautam wrote:
cavfancier wrote:
Gargamel wrote:
At the risk of stereotyping, it seems to me that gay men are also better at gay-sex than straight men.

As a typical warm-blooded slobby straight guy with tons of machismo, I feel the need to challenge you, and prove you wrong.

There is only one way to prove it......

I'm quite aware of that.

My phone number is scrawled on the stall door of the exit 69 Arby's, 65 North, just past Indianapolis.

I'll be waiting.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 10:40 am
<GRIN>
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 10:58 am
plainoldme wrote:
What do you think?

I like straight black men who are charming and dress well.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 10:59 am
And Gargamel himself is often found waiting, too. Rest stop right after exit 24.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 01:43 pm
My cover is blown.
Thanks for nothing Slappy; you only hurt yourself, I'll be getting my crack elsewhere.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 02:49 pm
And by "crack" you mean?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 02:58 pm
I knew that glory hole looked a little wide.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 04:18 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
And by "crack" you mean?

By "crack," I mean "blow."

I hope that clears things up.

Oh, wait a second...
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2004 03:30 am
Shocked