Am i going to die , please answer

Lv62

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 02:07 pm
I have just accidentally broken my liquid motion timer and the liquid is slightly exposed, by that I mean that I am able to smell I and might have possibly inhaled it , will this poision and harm me , I cant stop panicking as I know there's some sort of oil in those things , I'm just worried for my health , please answer urgently

DaveTest678

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 02:20 pm
@Lv62,
That's something you should ask the manufacturer about.
Lv62

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 02:21 pm
@DaveTest678,
I got it from a shop in Woking in the UK called tiger and haven't got a clue about who made it
0 Replies

Lv62

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 02:30 pm
@Lv62,
Please, I'm begging anyone , whoever knows what is in the timer or if its harmful or not , please reply, I am having a panick attack as I have extreme anxiety
0 Replies

Lv62

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 02:38 pm
@Lv62,
Here is the link to the product I am talking about Edit [Moderator]: Link removed
jespah

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 02:43 pm
@Lv62,
Bring the pieces (mop up the liquid and bring the paper towel with you in a ziploc bag) and bring it all with you to the Emergency Room. Don't wait around if you think you've been poisoned. EVER.
Lv62

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 02:45 pm
@jespah,
My question is , is it actually poisionous as soon as I know the answer I can decide what to do, I am genuinely worried but I don't want to turn up to the ER if it is not poisonous or serious enough
jespah

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 02:48 pm
@Lv62,
GO TO THE ER.

We don't know.

Go and be sure of it.

We cannot offer medical advice. It is against our Terms of Service.
Lv62

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 02:49 pm
@jespah,
Ok I will
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 03:03 pm
Darwin Award time?
0 Replies

Lv62

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 03:08 pm
@jespah,
I have just rung the ER department and I feel relieved , they said that as it is a toy it will only contain FDA approved substances like food couloring and baby oil but thankyou for your advice it helped alot
Tes yeux noirs

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 03:53 pm
@Lv62,
Quote:
I have just rung the ER department and I feel relieved , they said that as it is a toy it will only contain FDA approved substances

The American FDA has no jurisdiction in Woking, Surrey, England.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 04:12 pm
sometimes FDA is used as validation. Like in most of NAmerica, everyone deferes to the Pa Dept Agriculture since its food laws re among the toughest in the hemisphere.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 09:18 pm
Quote:
Am i going to die

Yes ! We are all going to die .
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2015 03:00 pm
@Lv62,
There usually is a poison hotline on any sort of container that contains chemicals or whatever that can be considered poisonous - did you call it? Or look up poision hotline and ask.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2015 03:01 pm
@Lv62,
Here is poison hotline info for future reference as I see you got your answer.

1 (800) 222-1222

American Association of Poison Control Centers

Hours: 24 hours, 7 days a week

Languages: English

In England - as I think you may be there:
http://www.npis.org/
roger

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2015 03:18 pm
@Linkat,
It's been 24 hours, so if he comes back I guess he's alright. I would not take it on faith that anything intended for children is nontoxic, though.
Linkat

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2015 03:24 pm
@roger,
Funny story - when my kids were young.. the older one said her younger sister put a toy in her mouth and she swallowed it. Some of those small things that you used to get on those bratz dolls (that I detested) - earrings or something like that.

In a panic, I call the doctor - they re-assured me that the items sold for children in US stores are all non-toxic so as long as she didn't choke, she would be fine and I should see her passing it (if you know what I mean).

Afterwards, she tells me she hadn't swallowed anything and had no reason for the lie. Thank goodness I never went to the emergency room or doctor's office.

Why do young kids make up such odd things?
roger

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2015 04:53 pm
@Linkat,
They like to see real panic in their elders.
chai2

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2015 08:14 pm
@roger,
I once lay down at the bottom of the stairs in a crumpled heap and moaned loudly until my mother came rushing down to help me.

Unfortunatley, she never heard me, so I just gave up after a while and went outside.