What to do????

jane456

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2015 05:16 pm
Dated a man, no longer in relationship with. He walked out of relationship without a word. Got to know his kids through it. Now he has begun dating his sons girlfriends mother. The boy and girl have been dating for 5 years. As of today the boy and girl have gotten engaged. First, is it a good idea for the mom and date to date each other? Do I tell the mom the date is still on a date site? Do you think the mom and dad dating pushed the boy into getting engaged with the girl because he felt pressure from the mom and dad relationship? Thanks.

URL: http://able2know.org/topic/282597-1

jespah

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2015 05:17 pm
@jane456,
jane456 wrote:

Dated a man, no longer in relationship with. ....

And that's all that matters in your post. What he and his kids do is no longer your concern. That's what being broken up is all about. They are now someone else's headache and someone else's mess to clean up.
jane456

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2015 05:23 pm
@jespah,
It is not all that matters. What matters is what the future brings during a family fallout...
Ragman

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2015 05:25 pm
@jane456,
Quote:
What to do????

Nothing.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2015 05:26 pm
@jane456,
jane456 wrote:
First, is it a good idea for the mom and date to date each other?

Do I tell the mom the date is still on a date site?

Do you think the mom and dad dating pushed the boy into getting engaged with the girl because he felt pressure from the mom and dad relationship?

Thanks.

sure, why not - there are plenty of relationships that come about this way

no, none of your business

we don't know, none of our business. none of your business.

you're welcome
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2015 05:27 pm
@jane456,
and seriously

the younger couple has been dating 5 years. it doesn't seem like they'd be pushed into anything - they took their time getting engaged

really
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2015 05:28 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

Quote:
What to do????

Nothing.

there's the answer
chai2

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2015 05:41 pm
@ehBeth,
I guess she didn't like my response on her first thread, which is identical.

To repeat...None of this is any of your business.
jane456

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2015 05:55 pm
@chai2,
you were the only one to reply to it...thanks.
chai2

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2015 06:23 pm
@jane456,
You're missing the point.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2015 06:51 pm
@jane456,
Sounds like they are a perfect match.

You say you "dated him" then claim it was a relationship. Then he just up and left and never contacted you again.

His son's girlfriend's Mother and him have known each other for at least 5 years and now they have realised they like each other, probably through conversation of their children getting married.

Yay, he's finally found someone that he feels comfortable with, maybe he has not taken himself off a dating site yet as he wants to see where this leads first, that is what any person would do.

Don't be bitter. You weren't suited, simple.

But, I am also betting that this has occurred to you more than once from a dating site.

Try mingling in group situations of things that interest you. Maybe you will find someone worth while that will hang around.

0 Replies

jane456

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2015 07:34 pm
@ehBeth,
Thank you.
0 Replies

Vernon of Prague

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2015 07:39 pm
@jane456,
Quote:
First, is it a good idea for the mom and date to date each other?

I don't really know but imagine your mom is also your mother-in-law what means you are her son-in-law what means you are your own brother-in-law. If you carry on with this by induction, suddenly you realize you have infinite family.

And they say math isn't cool...

nah, sorry for troll, I just tough it is funny. I think - who care who's who's husband, girlfriend? Important things is that they like each other?
jane456

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2015 09:24 pm
@Vernon of Prague,
...and you, the sister-in-law, marries her brother-in-law...is that not weird???
Krumple

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2015 09:29 pm
@jane456,
jane456 wrote:

...and you, the sister-in-law, marries her brother-in-law...is that not weird???

Why are you so obsessed with them? You are no longer apart of any of them. It is only weird when you ask it like that without knowing the situation. But if it happened as you explained it, it's not so weird. But even if it was weird, why are you so concerned about it? It's none of your business so why are you so interested in their decisions? Their life impacts you in no way.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2015 09:31 pm
@jane456,
nope

life's just like that sometimes

it's nice to hear about people finding each other, dating, falling in love

it's something to celebrate
0 Replies