Advice on how to even my hair color & lighten it back!! (naturally blonde but dyed black)

monkatb

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2015 09:53 pm
My natural hair color is dirty blonde, but I bleached it to a white blonde for a while. Last November I dyed it black and have been since, until about two weeks ago when I used color oops, it took the black out and left it dark orange. I then proceeded to dye it that night to a burgundy color (not knowing that after color oops it leaves the color way darker if you dye it) so it turned black again. A week later I used color oops again and it got some out but mostly at the roots. Currently my roots are bright blonde/orange, and it gradually goes into a very dark brown red color at the strands. I would like my hair to be light again, to a light brown or even medium brown (eventually going to do an ombre). How should I go about doing this? Currently it's all different shades and I want it to be even. Should I try to fade it more first, or go straight to toning, bleaching, etc.? What will cause the least amount of damage? Thank you for any advice!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,060 • Replies: 1
No top replies

vividamnesia

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 02:52 pm
@monkatb,
Toning will not even the color out. The hair must be uniform in its raw/stripped format b4 putting a color on and successfully have it evenly distributed. Bleach with 20vol will be the only thing to rip through the dark bottoms and lighten them. We have to get the bottom of the hair as close to the light-med orange color in the hair as possible.Use bleach only on dark ends swept up through mid hairshaft or to where a light-med orange tone starts in the hair. Test color by scraping bleach off with fingernail and hold up to back lighting to see the tone. When it is fairly equal to the remaining orange rinse & shampoo2x to remove. Blow dry completely dry then apply target color leaving the lighter colored roots out so just put it on the orange hair first. After all orange hair is colored, run color through roots so its at a deposit only stage for the light hair. Time as instructed.I would choose a color in about a lv.6-7 so choose a box with a 6-7 ash/natural tone.
0 Replies