why girls don't reply back to a date offer on text??

Hagi

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2015 02:59 pm
why even girls who flirt me go kind cold on text??

View best answer, chosen by Hagi
Ragman

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2015 03:01 pm
@Hagi,
Because it's impersonal and cold.

Have you ever met them in person?
Do they flirt in person? When they flirt in person, THEN ask them out.
Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2015 03:01 pm
@Hagi,
Because they interpret it as if you cannot be bothered to actually speak to them?
Hagi

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2015 03:22 pm
@Ragman,
you are saying, generally girls are cold?

Yes, I am actually talking about a certain girl.
Here's the story;
She and I work for different bases of the same restaurant group.
when I visited her base with my exgf(she doesn't know we are over YET), she is kind of silent. but when I visited there last week alone, she looked so happy. She took a seat next to me and while then, she was sometimes playing with my belongings. she often gives me body touch in kind of flirting way. on the way home, another colleague(boy) told me that "she likes you" like a joke.
so another a week later, I went her base again. this time, in front of other employees, she hugged me from behind. I was even a little shy. yeah she was trying to make it fun, but still.. when I told her I'm leaving, she gave me long big hug with a kiss sound. so I told her I've broken up and asked her if she wanna hang out. her answer was yes.
BUT, when I messaged her out once again, she doesn't reply to me. it's been almost 2 day. I'm so confused. is she thinking how to respond or what????
Hagi

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2015 03:24 pm
@Lordyaswas,
so, they are saying talk to me in person?
Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2015 03:34 pm
@Hagi,
It's more the fact that social nicety almost demands that you treat someone with respect in this sort of situation.

Just texting is disrespectful, in my mind. Like whistling a dog.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2015 03:37 pm
@Lordyaswas,
But I can't whistle well.

Anyway, I agree with you, Lordywhatsits.

(for Hagi - I'm woman reading your question.)
Hagi

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2015 03:39 pm
@Lordyaswas,
understood..
actually I'm seeing a girl now, and she is kind of flirting me.
but she didn't text me back to a date offer. maybe because i asked over text..
then If I ask her friend her number and call her with surprise, you think this could make her happy?
Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2015 03:40 pm
@Hagi,
She is female, which means that I haven't a clue as to how she will react. Very Happy

It's something you learn over the years, and it keeps life interesting.
Hagi

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2015 03:42 pm
@ossobuco,
thank you, ossobuco.
could you help me out with my issue, if you'd not mind?

here's the story;
She and I work for different bases of the same restaurant group. when I visited her base with my exgf(she doesn't know we are over YET), she is kind of silent. but when I visited there last week alone, she looked so happy. She took a seat next to me and while then, she was sometimes playing with my belongings. she often gives me body touch in kind of flirting way. on the way home, another colleague(boy) told me that "she likes you" like a joke. so another a week later, I went her base again. this time, in front of other employees, she hugged me from behind. I was even a little shy. yeah she was trying to make it fun, but still.. when I told her I'm leaving, she gave me long big hug with a kiss sound. so I told her I've broken up and asked her if she wanna hang out. her answer was yes. BUT, when I messaged her out once again, she doesn't reply to me. it's been almost 2 day. I'm so confused. is she thinking how to respond or what????
0 Replies

Tes yeux noirs

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2015 03:46 pm
You don't need to repeat the story! Maybe this girl realised you are not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
Hagi

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2015 03:48 pm
@Lordyaswas,
i get it.
well, atleast now I realise that texting is not a very good option to ask a girl out..
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2015 03:48 pm
@ossobuco,
I'll read your posts again, back in a bit.

0 Replies

Hagi

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2015 04:01 pm
@Tes yeux noirs,
oops, i didint understand the system.

could you explain it another easy words? I dont get it cause im not native speaker.
0 Replies

ossobuco
  Selected Answer

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2015 04:04 pm
@Hagi,
There seems to be a divide going on with people who can afford smart phones in the first place.. and those who eschew them for lack of money or lack of interest. I have a dumb phone myself, to use if I have an emergency.

After the event of all this smartphone stuff, people walk around with phones on their ears, pretty much missing the city - which of course, they may wish to do, which is too bad, re the life of cities.. which should be lively hives.
I don't mean that as an exaggeration. I'm very interested in the life of cities.

I've no idea if calling will work out for you (no idea where in the world you live nor what is your culture), but a real voice is can be a good thing.

People tend to answer here as if the site is right where they are, but we get comments from all over the world, which is part of why some of us like reading here.

Hagi

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2015 04:49 pm
@ossobuco,
that's probably true.
I don't give attentions to my phone that much either, but I when it's on the internet, I'm pretty much used to text people just like when I speak face to face.

anyway, I guess, all I can do is speak to her with a real voice.
I'll figure it out somehow...
ossobuco

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2015 05:32 pm
@Hagi,
I'm pretty sorry for girls, much less women, who don't prefer real voices.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2015 08:48 pm
@Hagi,
Quote:
you are saying, generally girls are cold?

I meant nothing of the sort. I wrote that texting is cold.

Text msgs get lost and you're never 100% positive they get read - especially when the recipient may not be familiar with texting themselves. Some ladies react badly when asked out via text instead of face-to-face meeting.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2015 09:01 pm
@Tes yeux noirs,
Tes yeux noirs wrote:

You don't need to repeat the story! Maybe this girl realised you are not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

He doesn't need to repeat anything. I didn't even read his story, couldn't get past where he isn't gentleman enough to ask her out at least over the phone.

Girl here....don't ask me out via text. Simple as that.

Criminy, kids today. If you have to resort to a text to ask her out, what are you going to do as far as communication on a date?

It's the end of days I tell ya, the end of days.
0 Replies

Hagi

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2015 06:33 am
@Hagi,
I asked her her number via fb msg, and made a call.
things all worked out.. in the end.
yeah it was simple as that.
Thanks for your help everybody!