she gets pissed all the time

DMKP

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2015 01:11 pm
My girlfriend gets pissed at me for everything ....even a smallest thing, like if I take more than 2 min to reply to her texts she gets pissed.And sometimes She asks me these rhetorical questions, for which I can't even reply yes or no ....And to avoid that I keep quite, but if I keep quite I am "ignoring". I get pissed when she's pissed but I try to calm down and then try to convince her.....well if everything I do makes her get pissed then what should I do. Breaking up is not an option.

Tes yeux noirs

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2015 01:25 pm
Quote:
Breaking up is not an option.

Why not? Sounds it's gonna happen quite soon.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2015 01:25 pm
@DMKP,
OK, I'll bite:
why is breaking up not an option?

If she is that unreasonable, then a break up is inevitable, unless you like being miserable or being a victim. Do you feel being yelled at for everything is acceptable?

Furthermore you were advised the following in a previous post on this same issue. It seems you have ignored some good advice. I'll repost it again:
Quote:
"Yes, you both promised. I get that. But you can both breach that promise. It's okay. It doesn't mean you're bad people or you are incapable of committing or you're immature or anything of the sort.

It means that you care enough about each other to let the other person find someone better suited to them. It means that you care about each other's happiness.

Dating is an experimental time. It is rarely forever. It isn't meant to be. It's how you figure out what you like, what you despise, and what you'll put up with. It's how you learn to compromise, and how to take a stand. It is not where you learn to just let **** happen to you forever because of some vague, unenforceable promise.

You can both end this, and I bet you'll both be relieved."
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2015 01:38 pm
If texting is causing all this stress then TELL HER that you won't/can't answer texts. Stop all that teenager stuff.

0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2015 05:30 pm
@DMKP,
DMKP wrote:
... Breaking up is not an option.

Why not?
ossobuco

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2015 05:45 pm
@jespah,
Life can be quite long, and for some it will seem even longer, being nit picked for fifty years or more. Double that and consider it 100 years of aggravation.

I'm only half kidding - your perspective on promised staying together is a little jarring to some of us older than you two are.

It seems that your girlfriend has problems that need addressing, including compulsive behavior with a phone in her hand and expectations from others about constant attention with obedience as demanded.

Don't sign up for it.

Feeling sorry for whatever her past has held that was troubling is no reason to put up with a partner who is so self involved. Your being a doormat is not good for her mental health either.

0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2015 05:48 pm
You will be singing this song (or its title, at least) in less than a year if you stay -
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2015 06:41 pm
I keep seeing this thread title and thinking he means "she" is always drunk.
roger

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2015 07:23 pm
@Setanta,
Who knows? That may be at the core of the problem.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2015 07:29 pm
@Setanta,
You know you can learn a lot on A2K. Before I came here, I never knew the Brits called getting drunk 'getting pissed'. Also never knew about 'taking the piss', either.

Who says this place is a vast wasteland?
roger

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2015 07:37 pm
@Ragman,
With examples like those, I rest my case.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2015 01:08 am
@Ragman,
What about the phrase 'pissed as a fart?'
Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2015 07:24 am
@izzythepush,
Nissed as a pewt?

We even have songs about pissing the night away.....

Chumbawumba.

0 Replies