Do You Know Your Demons

neologist

Reply Sat 12 Sep, 2015 09:08 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
. . . the reason they couldn't find it is because God had disqualified them. . .
Not necessarily.
InfraBlue

Reply Sat 12 Sep, 2015 11:34 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

George wrote:
I mean they were raised as Christians and taught from the bible, but at
some point rejected it.
More accurately, IMO, they rejected what they had been taught. A lot of what nominal christians spew is at odds with the bible. Just look at Squeaky.

Sure. Some, though, reject what is taught by Christians including Jehovah's Witnesses along with what is directly written in the Bible.
0 Replies

George

Reply Sun 13 Sep, 2015 06:14 am
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
. . . they couldn't find what they were looking for. And the reason they
couldn't find it is because God had disqualified them.
I was OK until "disqualified". I don't understand the term in this context.
Squeakybro

Reply Sun 13 Sep, 2015 08:01 am
@neologist,
But possible.
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Sun 13 Sep, 2015 08:04 am
@George,
We must be called. And we have to get God's permission to be a Christian.

Matt 15:13
13 But He answered and said, "Every plant which My heavenly Father has not planted will be uprooted.
(NKJ)

John 6:65
65 And He said, "Therefore I have said to you that no one can come to Me unless it has been granted to him by My Father."
(NKJ)

neologist

Reply Sun 13 Sep, 2015 09:42 am
@Squeakybro,
It's true that God favors the humble:
Quote:
At that time Jesus said in response: “I publicly praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and intellectual ones and have revealed them to young children."(Matthew 11:25)
That does not mean ones cannot change. If you were to dust off your Hebrew scriptures and read the story of Manasseh, you could easily understand that.
Squeakybro

Reply Sun 13 Sep, 2015 10:13 am
@neologist,
To many go into Christianity so God will give them what they want. Wanting is a sin.
djjd62

Reply Mon 14 Sep, 2015 05:38 am
why am i here?, the topic interests me, i don't believe in it any more (not for some 40 odd years), but i like to see what folks think about religion, and as for my posts, all life, even the most devout, needs a little levity
Squeakybro

Reply Mon 14 Sep, 2015 06:36 am
@djjd62,
I know why your here. To give you one more opportunity to see the devil in you. We all have a choice when we think. We all get thoughts for and against a subject. And we make a choice on which thought to go with. All thoughts contrary to God and His Word are from the devil.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 14 Sep, 2015 05:30 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
To many go into Christianity so God will give them what they want. Wanting is a sin.
How do you explain this desire of Jesus?
Quote:
I have greatly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer. (Luke 22:14)
Squeakybro

Reply Mon 14 Sep, 2015 05:38 pm
@neologist,
Have you studied the difference between wanting and desire? Desire comes from the inner man. Wanting comes from the outer person.
neologist

Reply Mon 14 Sep, 2015 06:42 pm
@Squeakybro,
Define inner man and outer person in your own words.
Squeakybro

Reply Mon 14 Sep, 2015 07:17 pm
@neologist,
FIND THE INNER MAN-CRUSIFY THE OUTER PERSON
(SPIRIT, MIND OF INNER MAN. SOUL, BODY OF INNER MAN)

Col 3:9-10
9 Do not lie to one another, since you have put off the old man with his deeds,
10 and have put on the new man who is renewed in knowledge according to the image of Him who created him,
1 Pet 4:19
19 Therefore let those who suffer according to the will of God commit their souls to Him in doing good, as to a faithful Creator.
Matt 22:16
16 And they sent to Him their disciples with the Herodians, saying, "Teacher, we know that You are true, and teach the way of God in truth; nor do You care about anyone, for You do not regard the person of men.
Rom 7:22
22 For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man.
Gal 5:24-25
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
John 6:63
63 "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.
John 4:48
48 Then Jesus said to him, "Unless you people see signs and wonders, you will by no means believe."
Matt 12:38-39
38 Then some of the scribes and Pharisees answered, saying, "Teacher, we want to see a sign from You."
39 But He answered and said to them, "An evil and adulterous generation seeks after a sign, and no sign will be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah.
1 Tim 4:9-11
9 This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance.
10 For to this end we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of those who believe.
11 These things command and teach.
1 Tim 4:13-16
13 Till I come, give attention to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine.
14 Do not neglect the gift that is in you, which was given to you by prophecy with the laying on of the hands of the eldership.
15 Meditate on these things; give yourself entirely to them, that your progress may be evident to all.
16 Take heed to yourself and to the doctrine. Continue in them, for in doing this you will save both yourself and those who hear you.
1 Pet 4:19
19 Therefore let those who suffer according to the will of God commit their souls to Him in doing good, as to a faithful Creator.
Eph 3:14-19
14 For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
15 from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
16 that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man,
17 that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love,
18 may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height--
19 to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
2 Cor 4:16-18
16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.
17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory,
18 while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.
Eph 4:21-24
21 if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus:
22 that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts,
23 and be renewed in the spirit of your mind,
24 and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness.
1 Pet 2:4-5
4 Coming to Him as to a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God and precious,
5 you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
1 Pet 2:11-12
11 Beloved, I beg you as sojourners and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts which war against the soul,
12 having your conduct honorable among the Gentiles, that when they speak against you as evildoers, they may, by your good works which they observe, glorify God in the day of visitation.
(NKJ)
xxxx Your inner man consists of your spirit(the mind of your inner man) and your soul(the body of your inner man). All affections come from your soul and all decisions come from your spirit. Not all ideas but all decisions. All ideas come from the different beings in you. You get one opinion from your guardian angel. And you get one opinion from the devil. Then you choose who to agree with. But if you have the Holy Spirit He will give you a verse to show you who is who.
All your emotions dwell in your outer person (body). All emotions are unclean spirits.

Heb 4:12
12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
(NKJ)

Heb 10:38-39
38 Now the just shall live by faith; but if anyone draws back, my soul has no pleasure in him."
39 But we are not of those who draw back to perdition, but of those who believe to the saving of the soul.
(NKJ)

Gal 5:17
17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.
(NKJ)

1 Pet 1:3-9
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
4 to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you,
5 who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
6 In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials,
7 that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ,
8 whom having not seen you love. Though now you do not see Him, yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory,
9 receiving the end of your faith-- the salvation of your souls.
(NKJ)

djjd62

Reply Tue 15 Sep, 2015 08:08 am
@Squeakybro,
i can't imagine god being happy with evasiveness, i mean this is what neo asked for

neologist wrote:

Define inner man and outer person in your own words.
Squeakybro

Reply Tue 15 Sep, 2015 08:41 am
@djjd62,
I did explain it. That is how a born again Christian explains things with a revelation. Maybe you didn't know that.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 15 Sep, 2015 09:04 am
@djjd62,
He doesn't know any words he can spell
Squeakybro

Reply Tue 15 Sep, 2015 09:05 am
@djjd62,
Let me try it this away, carnally. In your mind you have thoughts and in your body you have emotions and affections. Your logic comes from either your guardian angel or the devil. If you have the Holy Spirit He can show you which one is speaking to you with a verse. You, your inner man makes the decisions on which one to go with. Your emotions always push you towards the devil. Your affections always lead you to your guardian angel. The heart is the intent of a thought. You don't know the intent of your thoughts you just pick one out and go with it. The Holy Spirit searches the intents and warns you with a verse.

Rom 8:27
27 Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
(NKJ)

0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Tue 15 Sep, 2015 09:06 am
@neologist,
lolol Now where do you think them thoughts came from.
neologist

Reply Tue 15 Sep, 2015 09:21 am
@Squeakybro,
Your ruler.
Squeakybro

Reply Tue 15 Sep, 2015 10:52 am
@neologist,
What now, nothing to say. Just cheap heckling.
0 Replies