How long it will take to recover kidney function that is affected by TB tablets??

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2015 02:20 am
Since my mother-in-law discontinued her TB tablets some 20 years back, now she again affected by TB. Hence, the doctor suggested her for Category II level of dosage. After one week of consumption of those tablets, she has symptoms of fainting, vomiting and all..When she was admitted in hospital, we were told that her kidney is affected due to those category II tablets and she was suggested to do dialysis. Till now, three dialysis is over, still her urine reports (i.e. kidney functionality) is not recovered back to normal values.. We don't know what to do whether we have to continue this dialysis or not?? She has reduced weight and not able to eat much. Because of her health condition, our whole family is worrying a lot... Is it possible that her kidney recover its normal function??? Please suggest me some kind solution which may recover her health condition asap....Thank you all and expecting positive results from you....

jespah

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2015 05:40 am
@sumathigokul,
I'm sorry your mother in law is in such distress.

We're not doctors. We can't help you. Neither can anyone on the Internet.

You need to be more aggressive with her doctor in terms of asking questions and demanding answers. If answers are not forthcoming, get a second opinion. It is part of her doctor's job to answer basic questions such as these. If he or she is not answering, then take your business elsewhere.
0 Replies