Gay Couples:Marriage is Not a Right

ehBeth

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2015 08:22 pm
@Ionus,
There are more polygamous relationships in the US than there are same-sex relationships? got any US government statistics to back that up?
ehBeth

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2015 08:26 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
Mormans and hippies have long had poly marriages

really? when did Mormons and hippies come into existence?

____

not sure why you've gone on this windmill-tilting tangent, but what the hell, I'm bored enough to indulge it for a bit
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2015 08:52 pm
@Ionus,
pssssssssst

have fun with the numbers

I've pulled numbers on polygamous Muslims and Mormons as well as LGBT in the US Wink not even Homer Simpson would be able to make them work for you

You can give up on the hippies entirely. They're pretty much dead or retired from the scene. (and at their peak didn't even represent 0.01% of the population)
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2015 08:54 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
claimed that polygamy was mentioned and (I believe) endorsed within the US contitution
No, Gomer, I said it was under the same interpretation as the homosexuals right to marriage .
It was homosexuality that introduced one man one woman to the main stream . The Greeks would marry one woman for the legality of children of continue to have sex with as many boys as they liked . And I mean boys...one author said nothing made him all a quiver so much as the sight of their little limbs . Prior to that, Polygamy was the norm . Equality is about individual human rights and polygamists have as much rights as any homosexual .
Justice Anthony Kennedy :
Quote:
"is not to be condemned to live in loneliness, excluded from one of civilization's oldest institutions. They ask for equal dignity in the eyes of the law. The Constitution grants them that right."

"Without the recognition, stability and predictability marriage offers, their children suffer the stigma of knowing their families are somehow lesser,"
How does this not apply to polygamists ? Most of whom are segregated by marriage laws solely because of their religious beliefs .

You are not only an idiot, you are polygaphobic .
Ionus

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2015 09:10 pm
@ehBeth,
Lets look at homosexual marriage first . Homosexuals make up roughly 7% of the population . It has been estimated that 5% of that 7% will have an interest in marriage when the dust settles and new generations come along . Thats 0.35% of the population created all this fuss against the wishes of 45% . You could argue 48% of the population went along for the ride because someone called it Marriage Equality and Marriage Rights and the fools that they are like to think of themselves as good so they had to agree..I mean it has Equality and Rights attached as nouns...that means a lot !

Polygamists are hard to estimate in numbers, as it is illegal it was the same as estimating homosexuals when they were illegal . Add together Muslims, Mormans, traditional africans, all of whom would want polygamy to be at least legal and you have far more than the 0.35% in homosexual marriage . Incidentally, I threw hippies in as a joke .
ehBeth

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2015 09:57 pm
@Ionus,
try again
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2015 10:22 pm
@Ionus,
numbers and references

____

they're out there and easy to access

____

I'll tell you this for free - you've overestimated the LGBT population - it's less than you've put for LG alone

you also seem to think there are more Mormons than there actually are

there are good numbers re Muslim polygamy in the US

ahh now you've added traditional africans. here's a clue - there are fewer in the US than there are in Canada - and I know much of the traditional African community in Canada through a friend. yup - so small you can know the people.

____

and this >
Quote:
Muslims, Mormans, traditional africans, all of whom would want polygamy to be at least legal
is straight out bull ****.

even if I let you use all of them (which I did for the purpose of this exercise), it's simply not true that all of them support polygamy. The Muslim community in North America is not particularly supportive of polygamy.
farmerman

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2015 11:33 pm
@Ionus,
I quote you from Sat June 20"

Quote:

MARRIAGE RIGHTS FOR POLYGAMISTS ! Its in the constitution

I dont have to squirm around trying to explain lies.
You made no reference to Gay people saying this. You posted this merely as a poorly constructed sentence. So now you are saying that Polyangyny IS NOT in the Constitution?

"Hippies" tried communal living as "families with benefits".

Ionus

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2015 12:34 am
@ehBeth,
Quote:
ahh now you've added traditional africans.
Is that a problem that you cant handle ?

Quote:
there are fewer in the US than there are in Canada - and I know much of the traditional African community in Canada through a friend. yup - so small you can know the people.
Now you are bullshitting in the extreme . There are about 1 million or more africans in the USA, but you say there are more in Canada and you know them all ? You are really excited about this homosexual marriage crap arent you ? Try to stay calm and think .

Quote:
it's simply not true that all of them support polygamy
How many supported homosexual Marriage Rights when all that started ? Is this based on you knowing all of them ? And says bloody who anyway ? State your source...you know all of them too do you ?
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2015 12:43 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
I dont have to squirm around trying to explain lies.
Very Happy Oh yes you do Gomer, you squirm every time you get it wrong because you cant admit you were wrong . That is childish and makes me wonder what is wrong with you .

I know your understanding is limited, especially after drinky-poo o'clock which for you is about 10 in the morning, but try to focus...the argument for homosexual Marriage Rights was stated to be in the constitution . If you can find that there, then obviously polygamy is supported under the same phrasing . Consenting adults have Marriage Rights, and you are also interfering with their freedom of religion .

Quote:
You made no reference to Gay people saying this.
So ? Do you have a point or are you just saying something stupid and are hoping to bluff everyone ? Perhaps if you read a thread instead of announcing your exalted presence and expecting to be worshiped by your fan club no matter what you say...doesn't it embarrass you the crap you get thumbed up for ? I know if the only thing I said in a post was that you talk out your arse (which you do incidentally) I would be embarrassed if 4 idiots marked it up .
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2015 08:10 am
@Ionus,
Sure.. Care to tell us what rights or legal advantages that are granted to married couples that are being denied polygamous marriages?

Quote:
The law is filled with many benefits for marriage that would not be available to a homosexual relationship because it is not a man and a woman .
Ok... I'll bite. Give us 3 examples.
parados

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2015 08:12 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
How does this not apply to polygamists ?

So, 2 people being married means they are lonely? Your argument is now just getting silly.
Ionus

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2015 08:19 am
@parados,
Quote:
Care to tell us what rights or legal advantages that are granted to married couples that are being denied polygamous marriages?
Read the statement from the SCotUS . All the rights homosexuals wanted are granted when they are legally married . The same is true of polygamists .

Quote:
Quote:
The law is filled with many benefits for marriage that would not be available to a homosexual relationship because it is not a man and a woman .

Ok... I'll bite. Give us 3 examples.
You have changed sides, dummy ! Wasn't that the entire reason homosexuals wanted marriage ? Very Happy
parados

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2015 08:23 am
@Ionus,
Wow. You do like to make up numbers, don't you?

Quote:
"Initially, we're going to see very large numbers of same-sex couples getting married. We have almost a bottleneck of couples who have been together five, 10, 15 or 20 years who have not been allowed to get married," she says. "Then I expect long-term, those numbers will level off and begin to resemble the numbers in the heterosexual population."

So only 5-7% of heterosexuals are interested in marriage?

This poll suggests you are wrong by a factor of 10
http://www.outnowconsulting.com/latest-updates/press-centre/same-sex-marriage-more-than-10-million-americans-want-to-say-%27i-do%27

You seem to get all your numbers wrong -

http://www.gallup.com/poll/117328/marriage.aspx

Your 45% isn't even close.

I find it funny that you think only 5% of gays will want to marry but 100% of Muslims and Mormons would prefer a polygamous relationship. You do pull numbers out of the place you like to keep your head.
farmerman

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2015 08:27 am
@parados,
Quote:
Your argument is now just getting silly.
It started silly and has degraded further and further.

Anus is searching the applicability of other legal opinions to see whether he can openly marry his pet roo, Doris.

parados

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2015 08:28 am
@Ionus,
You failed to list those rights. When you do, you will find they can't be granted to multiple people because it is often impossible for that to happen.

I notice you can't list a single right that is not available to a married homosexual couple that is available to a married heterosexual couple. Not even 1? And you were so confident with your statement.
farmerman

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2015 08:30 am
@parados,
Mormons today are the most monogamous group of "Christians" in North and SOuth America Europe and Australia. I dont know how they act in Asia or in third world countries
Ionus

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2015 08:36 am
@parados,
Quote:
Your argument is now just getting silly.
Have you had a head injury ? I was quoting Justice Anthony Kennedy . You can read cant you ? Take up your argument with him, he was the one who said it . You are a brainless idiot .
FBM

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2015 08:42 am
So, this happened today:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/lesterfeder/this-is-what-happened-when-christian-groups-tried-to-shut-do#.cmN553qwP6

Quote:
This Is What Happened When Christian Groups Tried To Shut Down Korea Pride
A few thousand protesters tried to drown out tens of thousands of participants in a pride parade in the South Korean capital — and failed to kill the party.

SEOUL — Tens of thousands of people marched through the South Korean capital in an LGBT pride festival on Sunday, despite attempts by Christian groups to shut it down.

The atmosphere was defiantly jubilant at the parade, the culmination of the three-week long Korean Queer Culture Festival.

Christian groups have been running a campaign for weeks to try to block the parade. In May, they camped out for a week in front of the police station where parade organizers had to apply for a permit and filed a competing request to hold an event in the same place. Police initially responded by canceling the parade citing the conflicting permit applications, but a court ruled on June 17 that the parade had to be allowed.

The Seoul police deployed thousands of officers to keep order between the queer festival — which began in a large grassy plaza in front of city hall — and eight counter protests that entirely surrounded the area. Here’s what happened.

The largest of the the counter-protests was organized by a coalition including some of Korea’s largest Christian church associations, which joined together as the Korean Churches Anti-LGBT Response Committee.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2015 08:59 am
@parados,
Quote:
begin to resemble the numbers in the heterosexual population
???WTF ?? Homosexuals make up 50% of the population according to you . ehBeth is not going to like that..she said :
Quote:
you've overestimated the LGBT population - it's less than you've put for LG alone
So take it up with her first, then see if you can manage a united front .

Quote:
100% of Muslims and Mormons would prefer a polygamous relationship
Where did I say that ? I didnt give a figure, I said
Quote:
would want polygamy to be at least legal
Where did you learn to read or have you and your boyfriend been drinking heavily, celebrating ?

It is embarrassing to reply to such unadulterated stupidity . Publish your real name so everyone can see what a fool you are...unbelievable !
0 Replies