THE US, THE UN AND THE IRAQIS THEMSELVES, V. 7.0

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 06:09 pm
Facts and getting to the truth are worthless values. We must trust our president - after all.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 06:13 pm
well you were wrong. I did have you in mind, as the classic example of someone who will swallow anything, however absurd, so long as your beloved leader tells you its true.

seriously ican is there one sceptical brain cell in your head? do you NEVER question anything told you by authority? is it inconceivable to you that governments might find it convenient to lie about what they do if they can get away with it? Politics is the very art of lying without getting found out. brush up on your neo con politics. Find out about Leo Strauss and his concept of the noble lie.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 06:18 pm
not you ci!

certain gentleman few posts back!

Well I must apologise to all to whom I've caused offense. To the President, to Ican, to Mrs President and the dog to the entire north american continent except canada and parts of mexico......er

g'night
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 06:48 pm
Gelisgesti wrote:
Do you ever wonder why you're so frequently the one that is misunderstood?
No. When defining vividly clear fallacies, I'm seldom misunderstood by intelligent people. Even those who don't understand can easily learn if they try. It is only the deliberately obtuse who pretend to remain ignorant after repeated attempts, complete with definitions and links to prove them accurate.

Gelisgesti wrote:
You have given me nothing to agree to. It's like talking to a four year old. If you don't know try this ..... I'm sorry, I don't know.
I don't believe for one minute you are too stupid to follow a link and read the bolded type as directed. Maybe some of your chums would pretend to believe that... but I doubt even that.

Gelisgesti wrote:
OK, I'm going to try once more, this is called 'fill in the blank' .... the fact/s that need to show proof of cause is/are [blank]
if you need more space take it. If I don't post back that means I am tired of spoon feeding you
I gave you a link to the exact phrase, bolded for convenience, a definition for the fallacy and a link to confirm it. I suspect you're purpose in pretending that's an insufficient answer is that you're trying to bate me into a TOS violation by repeatedly demanding answers to the same already answered question... (though why your every post can violate with impunity I have no idea Confused ).
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 07:12 pm
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
"an excellent characterization of the irrational Left, the irrational Liberals, and the irrational Democrats. I call 'em the Irratio".

So I suppose your religiously inspired zionist crusader imperialist hegemonist president is rational?
Laughing
My religiously inspired, too many people trusting, couragous advocator and supporter of democracy, despisor of mass murderers, and tax reducing president, is occassionally rational!

The Irratios are never rational. That's not to say that all Leftists, or all Liberals or all Democrats are irrational. That is to say that all irrational Leftists, and all irrational Liberals, and all irrational Democrats are Irratios.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 07:21 pm
Quote:
So I suppose your religiously inspired zionist crusader imperialist hegemonist president is rational?

Jeez, I'd say those are far too many kind words to attach to the current dim bulb in the White House.

Speaking of dim bulbs, now we have a new Rovian term: Irratios.

Creative Democracy in action? No. Just another ignorant and narrowminded example demonstrating the intense demonization of an opposing party further being shut out of the democratic process by those who continue to consoldiate their power through rigged elections, fear, and propoganda.

Very, very sad indeed...
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 08:16 pm
my comments in the quote that follows are in blue
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
well you were wrong. I did have you in mind, as the classic example of someone who will swallow anything, however absurd, so long as your beloved leader tells you its true.
I continue to think you had you in mind, based on the following paragraph of yours regarding your belief that "politics is the very art of lying without getting found out." Often Irratios attribute to others their own attributes. In psychology it's called transference. Perhaps you can be helped by a competent counselor. Then again, perhaps not Crying or Very sad

seriously ican is there one sceptical brain cell in your head? Laughing
One or two! Give me a break, counting brain cells has never been easy for me and I haven't finished counting yet.

do you NEVER question anything told you by authority?
Once or twice! But alas, my wife is always right!

is it inconceivable to you that governments might find it convenient to lie about what they do if they can get away with it?
Oh, you're just pulling my leg, right? For example big governments that control the distribution of wealth never do that! Do they? Shocked

Politics is the very art of lying without getting found out.
Well I'll be doggone! All along I've been thinking "politics is the very art of [telling the truth and not getting] found out."

brush up on your neo con politics.
My neo-con politics Question Surely you jest!

Find out about Leo Strauss and his concept of the noble lie.
Neo-cons, are by their definition previous neo-leftists, neo-liberals, and/or neo-democrats, and appear to still think the same way about lying as they did previously. Unfortunately too many pusilanimous Republicans have been infected with the same thinking.

Let's get back to the allegation that Bush knew Saddam's regime did not possess ready-to-use WMD, when he alleged Saddam's regime did possess ready-to-use WMD. Until we invaded Iraq, too many people other than President Bush were hoodwinked by Saddam (and at that time) our CIA into thinking Saddam possessed ready-to-use WMD for me to think President Bush was competent enough to discern that Saddam was lying. Hell, even genius President Clinton was hoodwinked by Saddam, or said he was. Was Clinton lying? Say it isn't so! Is nothing sacred? Mad

By the way, as I've previously posted, this is my politics:
The Declaration of Independence
(Adopted in Congress 4 July 1776)
Quote:
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness.

What's yours?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 08:38 pm
YES
Quote:
that whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness.

NO
Quote:
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 08:41 pm
revel wrote:
Gel, I am flattered as well glad that you are attempting to address Bill on my behalf. I am not going to respond as he just sends me in a bad mood of which I don't need.

I was trying to get through to him that fox's beef was with the author of your post, not you, the messenger. If he wanted 'proof of cause' he should contact the US military and or the NYT.
He waned to play lawyer.

I posted a simular article before I saw yours

HERE
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 08:45 pm
I infer that the first quote is your politics, but the second quote is not your politics. Why?

dyslexia wrote:
YES
Quote:
that whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness.

NO
Quote:
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed

How about this verbal tuning?
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all humans are designed equal, in that they are equally endowed by their Designer with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights for honorable humans, governments are instituted among humans, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 08:58 pm
Well my initial quarrell was with the author of the piece, that's true, Geli. The article is inflammatory and, as presented, made no case for the conclusion Revel drew from it. Revel insisted on concluding that a case was made. Obill showed how no case was made much more skillfully than I did. That's about it.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 09:06 pm
Gelisgesti wrote:
revel wrote:
Gel, I am flattered as well glad that you are attempting to address Bill on my behalf. I am not going to respond as he just sends me in a bad mood of which I don't need.

I was trying to get through to him that fox's beef was with the author of your post, not you, the messenger. If he wanted 'proof of cause' he should contact the US military and or the NYT.
He waned to play lawyer.

I posted a simular article before I saw yours

HERE
Shocked Interesting path you chose to try to get that across. Laughing My beef was with the author, too. Specifically for the use of a fallacious tactic that obviously took the two of you in, hook, line and sinker. Nothing tough to understand there if you try. Too bad you chose to play dumb for all those posts in a fashion that in no way reflected your now stated goal. Next time; why not just state what you mean instead of playing foolish games that only serve to aggravate us both?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 09:08 pm
nada. anyone who really believes all humans are created equal (interesting choice of words "created equal") has his batteries in backwards. "designers do clothes, landscapes and movie/stage sets, not humans, there are ZERO inalienable rights to secure, "honorable" is an arbitrary and capricious term with virtually no valid definition, finally governments are instituted by brokers of power on the backs of the labor that created their power. All governments by any nature since the age of agrarian societies has been contrived by the elites (not always a bad thing) having virtually nothing other than sloganeering of consent.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 09:26 pm
ican711nm wrote:
old europe wrote:
Have you read anything about Kerkar at all, ican?

Kerkar? Are you spelling it correctly? If yes, then I do not recollect reading anything about it.

Sad. Poor. I'm sorry for you. Krekar. Leader of Ansar al-Islam. The 'missing link' to Al-Qaeda. Sad. Ican. So pathetic.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 09:32 pm
How about posting some links so we can read up on Kerkar please OE? I couldn't get my search engine to come up with anything related to al Qaida or the Midldle East or Islam with that spelling.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 09:37 pm
Mullah Krerkar is the leader of Ansar al-Islam. The Bush administration claimed that he is an ally of bin Laden, tolerated by Saddam. Therefore the "missing link". He's living in Norway, where he was arrested some time ago. He was interviewed before his arrest.

Look here for further info.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 09:39 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
How about posting some links so we can read up on Kerkar please OE? I couldn't get my search engine to come up with anything related to al Qaida or the Midldle East or Islam with that spelling.

That's not really so weird, Fox, because there is no link between Al-Qaeda and Saddam Hussein. That's why.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 09:48 pm
ican711nm wrote:
old europe wrote:
It's well known that Saddam had WMD pre-91, RR...

Yes, so is this well known. Is it well known to you?

Charles Duelfer's Report alleged, 9/30/2004:
www.cia.gov/cia/reports/iraq_wmd_2004/Comp_Report_Key_Findings.pdf
Quote:
1. [Regime Strategic Intent, Key Findings] Saddam Husayn so dominated the Iraqi Regime that its strategic intent was his alone. He wanted to end sanctions while preserving the capability to reconstitute his weapons of mass destruction (WMD) when sanctions were lifted.

2. [Regime Finance and Procurement, Key Findings] Throughout sanctions, Saddam continually directed his advisors to formulate and implement strategies, policies, and methods to terminate the UN's sanctions regime established by UNSCR 661. The Regime devised an effective diplomatic and economic strategy of generating revenue and procuring illicit goods utilizing the Iraqi intelligence, banking, industrial, and military apparatus that eroded United Nations' member states and other international players resolve to enforce compliance, while capitalizing politically on its humanitarian crisis.

It is well known. Unlike you, I'm trying to read all the info I can get. Duelfer sad that Saddam had the intention to resume the program once the sanctions would be lifted. I don't recall a discussion about 'lifting the sactions', though. Hans Blix said the same, btw. Charles Duelfer said that the ISG basically came to the same findings as the UNMOVIC team:

Quote:
The first point, made in paragraph 8 of the report, is that the Commission has not at any time during the inspections in Iraq found evidence of the continuation or resumption of programmes of weapons of mass destruction or significant quantities of proscribed items - whether from pre-1991 or later.

Proof me wrong, ican!
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 09:52 pm
Why do you people never question anything your leader says? Are you living in a democracy or what?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 09:54 pm
easaily done OE watch this:
fact-Saddam had intentions of WoMD ergo Saddam had intentions of WoMD. prove that wrong OE.
0 Replies