THE US, THE UN AND THE IRAQIS THEMSELVES, V. 7.0

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 10:32 am
Like most of the people in Europe and Australia. They are all ideological extremists, but you and ican are the moderates. We all know that!
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 10:35 am
Would it be safe to assume that anyone who posts an article or essay without comment is in agreement with the content of that article or essay?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 10:39 am
Fox, Not necessarily. You'd have to ask the poster.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 10:39 am
BTW, the post I made previously is not my opinion or comment; it belongs to the writer in the Land of Oz.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 10:40 am
Foxfyre wrote:
Would it be safe to assume that anyone who posts an article or essay without comment is in agreement with the content of that article or essay?

How do you get this idea???
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 10:42 am
Walter, Wrong assumption, my friend. Wrong assumption.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 10:43 am
Just seems reasonable that if a piece is posted to dispute what somebody else said, there would be some comment from the poster about it. Also if a piece is posted to show the stupidity or bias or error of the writer, the poster would comment on that when the post is made.

But maybe not. I know plenty of A2Kers have assumed I agreed with the opinions of those writers that I post and will even quote exerpts back to me as "my words".
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 10:55 am
Fox, In the post from Oz, you need to refute what the author says about how Europeans and Australians are reacting to the visit to their countries by president Bush. That's the issue; it's not with me. Stick with topic, and you might get some place. I don't dispute or agree with it, because I'm in no position to support that claim - personally.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 10:58 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Quote:
White House Rejects Italy Hostage's Claims

White House press secretary Scott McClellan said the car carrying Giuliana Sgrena was traveling on one of the most dangerous roads in Iraq when it was fired upon.

That seems to have been true, certainly. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 10:58 am
Foxfyre wrote:
Just seems reasonable that if a piece is posted to dispute what somebody else said, there would be some comment from the poster about it. Also if a piece is posted to show the stupidity or bias or error of the writer, the poster would comment on that when the post is made.

But maybe not. I know plenty of A2Kers have assumed I agreed with the opinions of those writers that I post and will even quote exerpts back to me as "my words".

I've never thought of such - in such a case, more than 60% of my links (including a couple of complete threads) would be totally missleading.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 10:59 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
Like most of the people in Europe and Australia. They are all ideological extremists, but you and ican are the moderates. We all know that!

I am hardly a moderate.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 11:01 am
To me 'moderate' means kissing your sister. It's wishy washy, straddling the fence, breathing neither hot nor cold, devoid of passion or conviction, or not having a clue and covering that up by pretending to be neutral or even handed.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 11:02 am
Oh, I see! Thanks for sharing that bit about yourself. We can now understand your positions on most things political.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 11:02 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Brand X wrote:
Bush should insist that Italy pull all its' soldiers and citizens, including reporters, out of Iraq to prevent the terrorists from going back to the ATM.

BrandX

I know, it's not easy to update with all these international news.

I suggest, you start here:

Monday, June 28, 2004: U.S. returns sovereignty to Iraq

hhahaha.....hehehehe....
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 11:05 am
Foxfyre wrote:
To me 'moderate' means kissing your sister. It's wishy washy, straddling the fence, breathing neither hot nor cold, devoid of passion or conviction, or not having a clue and covering that up by pretending to be neutral or even handed.

To me, moderate is balanced, influenced neither by the idealogues of the left or the rabid loonies of the right.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 11:06 am
Brand X wrote:

hhahaha.....hehehehe....

Well, I've thought such: a laughable sovereignty it is what they've got. Sad
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 11:08 am
Ten points for Walter. ********** Wink "Laughable sovereignty" is a good one if I say so myself!
0 Replies

revel

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 11:19 am
Foxfyre wrote:

I just don't understand why it is so necessary to know so much about the poster's one way or another? Why can't people just read the words of the posters and decide if the words themselves have any merit whether it is from an article or not?

I mean what difference does it make to veracity of the information on what a poster is thinking or if they are a moderate or lefty or right-wing?

0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 11:26 am
McTag wrote:
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Quote:
White House Rejects Italy Hostage's Claims

White House press secretary Scott McClellan said the car carrying Giuliana Sgrena was traveling on one of the most dangerous roads in Iraq when it was fired upon.

That seems to have been true, certainly. Crying or Very sad

Yes, this is the very road where many brave Americans have already lost their lives.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 11:32 am
cicerone imposter wrote:

A moderate Question Shocked I don't think so Exclamation

I am passionately devoted to this doctrine:

Quote:
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness.

Let's see! Does that qualify me for the label Declaration-ist? Naa, that's not descriptive enough.

How about the label Of-ist? No, definitely not specific enough.

OK then, how about Independence-ist for my label? That's getting close but still doesn't quite work for me either.

Ahh, I've got it! I'm a DeclarationOfIndependence-ist, or a DecOfInde for short. Cool
0 Replies