Is the world being destroyed?

izzythepush

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2021 01:52 pm
@edgarblythe,
The source is not exactly an uninterested party either.

I think the WHO can speak for themselves, and I’ll wait to hear what they say, anything else is hearsay.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2021 01:57 pm
@izzythepush,
So there you have it.

Oralloy rejects the science of global climate change.

Izzy and Edgar reject the science of GMOs.

(I may owe Hightor an applogy for including him with Edgar and Izzy)
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2021 02:21 pm
@maxdancona,
Even if GMOs actually could be proven healthy, which I do not accept, I would be against them because they are part of the Industrial world's drive to control the world's food supply.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2021 03:23 pm
@maxdancona,
remember when science claimed that tobacco was harmless
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2021 03:25 pm
@farmerman,
I remember Charleton Heston on TV telling us scientists approve his chosen cigarette brand. His voice was positive. His big teeth filled the screen.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2021 03:36 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

remember when science claimed that tobacco was harmless

This is a lie... a myth trotted out ny anyone who wants to discredit science. It never happened.

From the first studies suggesting that science caused cancer, the science community never claimed that tobacco was harmless. There were studies trotted out by the tobacco industry just as there are rogue studies declaring the danger of GMOs or that vaccines cause autism. But the science community has consistent on each of these issues.

The acience community never made the claim that tobacco was safe. Quite the contrary, they were the ones running the studies that showed the danger of smoking.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2021 03:44 pm
@farmerman,
You either accept science as valid or you don't. If you only accept science when it fits your political ideology, then whats the point of science?
You dont need an experiment to tell you what you already believe.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2021 03:58 pm
There are rogue studies claiming the safety of GMOs and just about anything else they want to sell us.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2021 04:04 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

There are rogue studies claiming the safety of GMOs and just about anything else they want to sell us.

The scientific comminity is "claiming the safety of GMOs". You aren't rejecting "rogue" studies... You are rejectinf the finding of the scientific community as articulated by pretty much every significant reputable scientific organization.

You are claiming the the science community is "fraudulent" about GMOs yhe same way Oralloy is about climate change.

If you and Oralloy are going just brush aside scientific findings that dont sit right with your politics, then science means nothing to either of you.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2021 04:20 pm
GMO companies finance the studies. Big money gets the findings they pay for.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2021 04:28 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

GMO companies finance the studies. Big money gets the findings they pay for.

So you believe the scientific results being stated clearly by reputable science organizations are "fraudulent". So does Oralloy. You explain away science on GMOs. Oralloy explains away science on Climate Change. But you are both doing the same thing.

I accept the science of Climate Change. I accept the science of Vaccines and Masks. I accept the science of GMOs. In each of these cases I accept the findings as reported by the scientific community. And when I am made aware of new scientific findings that contradict my beliefs (as was the case concerning facemasks) I change my beliefs.

If you only accept the scientific findings that fit your ideological beliefs, than science is meaningless to you. You are going to believe what you want to believe no matter what the science says.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2021 04:32 pm
They always do that when big bucks are involved. They won't rest until we have piggy bank slots in our heads.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2021 04:33 pm
Henry Miller wrote that when **** becomes valuable the poor will be born without assholes.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2021 06:23 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
This conspiracy theory from the political left is the same as Oralloy's conspiracy theory; a way to avoid a contradicton in their world view.

Wrong again. Proven fraud is not a conspiracy theory.

There is no contradiction in my world view.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2021 06:24 pm
@izzythepush,
Wrong again Jared.
oralloy

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2021 06:25 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
He's incapable of addressing any issue on its merits alone,

Actually Jared, you are the one who never addresses any issues on their merits. All you ever do is spout childish name-calling.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2021 07:42 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Oralloy rejects the science of global climate change.

Wrong. There is no such science. What I reject is proven fraud.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2021 07:43 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
You either accept science as valid or you don't. If you only accept science when it fits your political ideology, then whats the point of science?

I only accept science when it's not fraudulent.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2021 07:44 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
If you and Oralloy are going just brush aside scientific findings that dont sit right with your politics, then science means nothing to either of you.

Nonsense. I am not doing any such thing.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2021 07:45 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
So you believe the scientific results being stated clearly by reputable science organizations are "fraudulent". So does Oralloy.

Nonsense. There is nothing even remotely reputable about fraud.

maxdancona wrote:
If you only accept the scientific findings that fit your ideological beliefs, than science is meaningless to you. You are going to believe what you want to believe no matter what the science says.

I only accept results that are not fraudulent.

I'm not sure that integrity really counts as an ideological belief.
0 Replies