Extramarital affairs are like cocaine...

Kathi

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2004 02:29 am

They feel great at the beginning, the more you do (him) the better you feel. For a while. Then it becomes more difficult to get as much as you need and it becomes a love/hate relationship. One day you look into the mirror and discover you're hooked, but not feeling good anymore.
Then it's time to quit.
And that's when the real pain sets in.

But just like in rehab, if you focus on what you used to do to feel good; the really important things, the pain goes away and you discover yourself again.

(I'm still in rehab...but working like crazy to get back to myself.) Cool
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,950 • Replies: 42
No top replies

the prince

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2004 02:34 am
And they are an expensive habit to maintain !!

Welcome to a2k Kathi
0 Replies

Kathi

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2004 02:36 am
Gautam wrote:
And they are an expensive habit to maintain !!Welcome to a2k Kathi
LMAO Gautam!

Thanks for the welcome
0 Replies

SueZCue

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2004 02:33 pm
Been there, Kathy. You have to keep one thing in mind. The only kind of person who would have an affair with someone else's spouse is someone who is looking for a person who will never be able to make any demands on them. This type of person is someone who wants no responsibility in a relationship and wants no expectation put on them from you that it will ever be able to go any further than what it is at this moment. These are "cake" people, you know, they want to have their cake and eat it too. Hardly worth destroying your reputation and/or credibility over. If you're unhappy in your marriage, end it and then find someone who's worthy of you, not someone who is a "cheater," and not worth wasting time on. If this person has no problem cheating with you, what makes you think they're not doing it with someone else as well (or at least willing to do so?) Remember, always end one relationship before starting another. Life's too short for drama and chaos. An affair is not a 'real' relationship and it never can be. It's just a good way to allow yourself to be used and taken advantage of.

Best of luck to you.
0 Replies

Earthbound Angel

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 09:11 am
Kathi, take heed of what SueZCue says.She is right on the money.
A woman whether married or single, wants more out of a relationship than she can ever get from a cheating/married man.
0 Replies

Earthbound Angel

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 09:13 am
duplicate post
0 Replies

Earthbound Angel

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 09:13 am
A woman whether married or single, wants more out of a relationship than she can ever get from a cheating/married man.
0 Replies

PreacherMan

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 06:38 pm
I like to cheat and snort . . . who's with me???
0 Replies

MrGadget

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 07:46 pm
And what of the family you abandon for your "habit"? Extra marital affairs hurt everyone. People who cheat are selfish and ignorant.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 08:07 pm
Sweet, another coked out sex fiend! This world needs more of them.
0 Replies

Mr Alice Porkrind

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 09:15 pm
Cement mixer, putty putty...
Has loneliness really got you in its grip Kathi?
So sorry to read your moral abyss. Or amiss.
Or maybe that's what rows your boat. Have a parachute handy. Draw from your common sense. God Bless and have a joyous day in forumland.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 09:58 pm
ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLRIGHTY-THEN!
0 Replies

BCP1

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 06:31 am
Earthbound Angel wrote:

I think the same can be said about a man.
He also wants and deserves more from a relationship than he can get from a cheating women.

Cheaters deserve cheaters.

Once someone cheats, the only way to completely clear it up is to tell their spouse that it happened, and its over, then wait and see how it goes from there. Any less and they will be living a lie the rest of their lives.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 06:56 am
I don't understand how anyone could have an affair and not be consumed with guilt.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 07:01 am
I sometimes cheat at Monopoly with people who don't know how to play, by invoking the "robbing the bank" and "this is a stick up" rules, of course, only applicable to the banker, me. Does that count? Should I confess to my wife that I'm conning grade school children into giving me fake money?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 07:03 am
Extra marital affairs are like cocaine..........

The worst I ever had was wonderful......
0 Replies

BCP1

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 07:04 am
If not consumed with guilt, I would certainly be consumed with fear of what I most likely picked up in the way of an STD.
If they are willing to cheat with you, then they are willing to cheat with others also.

I think I will just stick to my wife. That way I know that Im not ending up with strange bumps on my parts, or rashes, or burning, etc...
0 Replies

PamO

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 07:28 am
Man, you said it BCP1...I can't even imagine flingin' myself around town for SEX?? Sex is fabulous when you are in love. Go find someone you looooove that much. It may take years...but gosh, be sparing with the put out. I'm not wanting to sound judgemental...I'm actually worried for you. <sigh>Someone else to worry about. Yes, best of luck to you Kathi.
0 Replies

zippityaye

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 11:52 am
Kathi is now doing 25 to life for the state.

She snorted too many men, and then chopped up the leftovers into neat little lines.

They said she was insatiable.
Sad.
0 Replies

ladyram

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 03:33 pm
Kathi,
Any man that cheats on his wife with you is not worthwhile. They will say anything to get what they want from you to satisfy their narcissistic needs with no regards for how it will affect you.
Brush yourself off and forget about him.
Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies